Monday, May 12, 2008

FOR MONDAY, MAY 12th, 2008

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

MAY 12TH, 2008

TODAY'S THOUGHT

If you judge people, you have no time to love them.

Mother Teresa

TODAY’S ACTION

Let your heart inspire your life

TODAY’S QUOTE

The heart that loves is always young

Greek proverb

HAPPY MONDAY !!

Happy Birthday to DSIL and to DDIL #5 .

One had a birthday on the 10th and the other is today

May the dear Lord bless you both always.

I hope you all had a great Mother’s Day weekend. It was a good one for me. We had one sunny day out of the 3 days I had off and enjoyed that very much.

I’ve had computer problems, but right now I do have my laptop back on line so thankfully can get my newsletter out this morning.

DS#4 called to let me know they had a scare with tornado activity near where he lives. They didn’t have one touch down but had golf ball size hail. Thankfully his car was the only thing with dings in it. DS#2 also called and said he’s still traveling this week for work but doing fine. I’ll be praying for both of these sons as they will both be traveling for work.

Back to work for me !

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

TODAY’S PRAYERS

 Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

GOD BLESS YOU!

25 WORDS

God, I thank You for today, for the ways You will bless me, and for the ways that I will serve others in Your name

TO REMEMBER…

I am in the hands of God, and in God’s time all things will be made well.

TODAY IS…LIMERICKS DAY

Most of the poems you've read were probably written by someone like Robert Frost or Edna St.Vincent Millay, but not all poetry is about nature or love. Limericks are short, rhythmic poems that are usually funny (but not always clean) - and they have been making people laugh for centuries. Did they originate in Limerick , Ireland ? We don't know for sure, but a town filled with poetic Irishmen sounds like a good explanation for the term

Some men smile in the evening.

Some men smile at dawn.

But the man worthwhile

is the man who can smile

When his two front teeth are gone.

TODAY’S TRIVIA

Today is National Nutty Fudge Day

Today is Limerick Day, marking the birthday of limerick champ Edward Lear

Today is National Windmill Day

Today is Odometer Day. William Clayton invented theodometer on this date in 1847 as he crossed the U.S. plains in a covered wagon

Children's Book Week, National Police Week, and National Stuttering Awareness Week begin today

1820: Florence Nightingale, the founder of modern nursing, was born. She carried a pet owl everywhere she went

1932: A new character, Dippy Dawg, appeared in the cartoon "Mickey’s Revue" by Walt Disney. Later, Disney changed Dippy’s name to Goofy

TODAY’S SMILE

Little children can come up with some very interesting ideas. Listen to what some children wrote to their mothers for Mother’s Day.

Angie, 8 years old, wrote: "Dear Mother, I’m going to make dinner for you on Mother’s Day. It’s going to be a surprise. P.S. I hope you like pizza & popcorn."

Robert wrote: "I got you a turtle for Mother’s Day. I hope you like the turtle better than the snake I got you last year."

Eileen wrote: "Dear Mother, I wish Mother’s Day wasn’t always on Sunday. It would be better if it were on Monday so we wouldn’t have to go to school."

Little Diane wrote: "I hope you like the flowers I got you for Mother’s Day. I picked them myself when Mr. Smith wasn’t looking."

And how about this one from Carol?

"Dear Mother, Here are two aspirins. Have a happy Mother’s Day!"

TODAY’S WORD

contrite \KON-tryt; kuhn-TRYT\, adjective:

1. Deeply affected with grief and regret for having done wrong; penitent; as, "a contrite sinner." 2. Expressing or arising from contrition; as, "contrite words."

 Contrite derives from Latin conterere, "to rub away, to grind," hence "to obliterate, to abase," from con- + terere, to rub, to rub away

TODAY’S REFLECTION

Remember that I am God, and there is no other God. I am God, and there is no one like me.

Isaiah 46:9

Counselors can comfort you in the storm, but you need a God who can still the storm. Friends can hold your hand at your deathbed, but you need a Yahweh who has defeated the grave. Philosophers can debate the meaning of life, but you need a Lord who can declare the meaning of life

Reflection By Max Lucado

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

 Never ask a lady her age, her weight, or what's in her purse.

39 DAYS TIL SUMMER !

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

May there be a miracle in YOUR life today and may you have the EYES to SEE it!

I Love You All !!!

 Be Blessed !!!

MA

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’ www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

To see archived ‘On the Bright Side’ Newsletters click on the link below: http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/ONTHEBRIGHTSIDE/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: