Wednesday, November 28, 2007

FOR WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 28TH, 2007

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

NOVEMBER 28th, 2OO7

 

TODAY'S THOUGHT

One act of thanksgiving made when things go wrong is worth a thousand when things go well.

Anonymous

 

TODAY’S ACTION

Always look to the good you can do in every situation

 

TODAY'S QUOTE

Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough.

Oprah Winfrey

 

HAPPY WEDNESDAY!!

OVER THE HUMP DAY!

We had a very windy day yesterday, but no rain and no snow. Our weather is now taking a turn for colder temps, but I'm ready for it. I've got lots of warm layers to put on. I'll now be hobbling around like a blimp, but I'll be warm for sure ! This weekend could bring a winter storm they say...

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

 

TODAY’S PRAYERS

One of my friends' daughter is having a tough time in school right now and needs prayers, so if you could, please pray for her.

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

LORD, hold our troops in you loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perfor for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior

GOD BLESS YOU !

 

25 WORDS

God, I thank You for today, for the ways You will bless me, and for the ways that I will serve others in Your name

 

TO REMEMBER...

I am in the hands of God, and in God's time all things will be made well.

 

TODAY IS…POLAROID CAMERA DAY

Ok, who knows why they are called Land cameras? And, no, it's not because they don't work underwater. They are named after Edwin Land, the man who invented the process of instant photography.

Edwin Herbert Land was an American inventor and industrialist born in Bridgeport, Conn. He became interested in POLARIZED LIGHT and invented a material to eliminate glare in 1932. This is now known by the trademark Polaroid. In 1937, he established the Polaroid Corp. to manufacture sunglasses, camera filters, and headlights. He developed a process for three-dimensional pictures in 1941, invented the polaroid camera in 1947 and introduced instant color photographs in 1963. Only Thomas Edison was granted more patents for new inventions than Edwin Land

 

TODAY'S TRIVIA

Today is Throw Out Your Leftovers Day

Today is National French Toast Day

1922 - The first skywriting display happened on this day. The words “Hello USA” were written in the sky over New York City. It was a short time later that the invention of Captain Cyril Turner was applied for commercial use

1932 - Groucho Marx performed on radio for the first time. Using his fast-paced, ingenious patter, he invented a new form of comedy that delighted audiences from coast to coast

1956 - Holding the #1 spot on the music charts: Guy Mitchell singing Singing the Blues. The song remained at the top of the Hit Parade for 10 weeks

1963 - U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson announced in a televised address that Cape Canaveral would be renamed Cape Kennedy in memory of President John F. Kennedy, who had been assassinated six days earlier. President Johnson said the name change had been sanctioned by the U.S. Board of Geographic Names. Johnson also ordered the space facility to be renamed John F. Kennedy Space Center, NASA

1995: President Clinton signed a road bill that ended the federal 55 mph speed limit

TODAY’S SMILE

On Christmas Eve, a young boy with light in his eyes Looked deep into Santa's eyes, to Santa's surprise And said as he sat on Santa's broad knee, "I want your secret. Tell it to me." He leaned up and whispered in Santa's good ear "How do you do it, year after year?"

 "I want to know how, as you travel about, Giving gifts here and there, you never run out. How is it, Dear Santa, that in your pack of toys, You have plenty for all of the world's girls and boys? From rooftop to rooftop, to homes large and small, From nation to nation, reaching them all?"

And Santa smiled kindly and said to the boy, "Don't ask me hard questions. Don't you want a toy?" But the child shook his head, and Santa could see That he needed the answer. "Now listen to me," He told that small boy with the light in his eyes, "My secret will make you sadder and wise.

"The truth is that my sack is magic inside It holds millions of toys for my Christmas Eve ride. But although I do visit each girl and each boy I don't always leave them a gaily wrapped toy. Some homes are hungry, some homes are sad, Some homes are desperate, some homes are bad. Some homes are broken and the children there grieve.

Those homes I visit, but what should I leave? "My sleigh is filled with the happiest stuff, But for homes where despair lives toys aren't enough. So I tiptoe in, kiss each girl and boy, And I pray with them that they'll be given the joy Of the spirit of Christmas, the spirit that lives

In the heart of the dear child who gets not, but gives. "If only God hears me and answers my prayer, When I visit next year, what I will find there? Are homes filled with peace, and with giving and love? And boys and girls gifted with light from above? It's a very hard task, my smart little brother, To give toys to some, and to give prayers to others.

But the prayers are the best gifts, the best gifts indeed, For God has a way of meeting each need. "That's part of the answer. The rest, my dear youth, Is that my sack is magic. And that is the truth.

 In my sack I carry on Christmas Eve day More love than a Santa could e'er give away. The sack never empties of love, or of joys 'Cause inside it are prayers and hope. Not just toys. The more that I give, the fuller it seems, Because giving is my way of fulfilling dreams.

"And do you know something? You've got a sack, too. It's as magic as mine, and it's inside of you. It never gets empty, it's full from the start. It's the center of lights, and love. It's your heart.

And if on this Christmas you want to help me, Don't be so concerned with the gifts 'neath your tree. Open that sack called your heart, and share Your joy, your friendship, your wealth, your care."

The light in the small boy's eyes was glowing. "Thanks for your secret. I've got to be going."

"Wait, little boy," Said Santa, "don't go. Will you share? Will you help? Will you use what you know?"

And just for a moment the small boy stood still, Touched his heart with his small hand and whispered, "I will."

 

TODAY'S LINK

The First Christmas Gift

http://www.andiesisle.com/thefirstchristmasgift.hs.html

 

TODAY’S WORD

kvetch \KVECH\, intransitive verb:

1. To complain habitually. noun: 1. A complaint.

2. A habitual complainer

Kvetch comes from Yiddish kvetshn, "to squeeze, to complain," from Middle High German quetzen, quetschen, "to squeeze."

 

TODAY’S REFLECTION

Jesus said to the crowd:“They will seize and persecute you, they will hand you over to the synagogues and to prisons,and they will have you led before kings and governors because of my name.It will lead to your giving testimony.Remember, you are not to prepare your defense beforehand, for I myself shall give you a wisdom in speakingthat all your adversaries will be powerless to resist or refute.You will even be handed over by parents,brothers, relatives, and friends,and they will put some of you to death.You will be hated by all because of my name,but not a hair on your head will be destroyed. By your perseverance you will secure your lives.

Luke 21: 12-19

It is easy enough for me to trust God when all is going well. When I find the going difficult and full of obstacles, it is harder. I then look for help from myself or from those around me.

There is a saying that when we take our eyes off God all we see are the obstacles about us. But it is precisely in those times of difficulty and hardship that Christ is telling us to place everything in his hands. He will give us all the help we need.

The literal situation in today’s gospel probably won’t happen to most of us, but there we read of the care Jesus has for us. He wants to help us in even our smallest difficulties, if we but turn to him.

Daily Prayer on Line churchresources.info/pray/index.shtml

 

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

If snow begins at mid of day, expect a foot of it to lay.

24 DAYS UNTIL WINTER !

 

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

May there be a miracle in YOUR life today and

may you have the EYES to SEE it!

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

 

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’ at bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS at journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

and at onyama.blogspot.com

see archived ‘On the Bright Side’ Newsletters at journals.aol.com/marainey1/ON THEBRIGHTSIDE/ BRIGHT SIDE

LOGO BY SON #6

at littlerainey.com/index.html

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love that kitty graphic at the top and the Today's smile. Thank you for sharing them.
Love,
Kat