Wednesday, November 14, 2007

FOR THURSDAY - NOVEMBER 15TH, 2007

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

NOVEMBER 15th, 2OO7

TODAY'S THOUGHT

It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.

Anonymous

TODAY’S ACTION

Live with the thought of being in God's care.

TODAY'S QUOTE

One thing life taught me: if you are interested,

you never have to look for new interests.

They come to you.

When you are genuinely interested in one thing,

 it will always lead to something else

Eleanor Roosevelt

HAPPY THURSDAY!!

Busy busy days so far this week. I made it over the hump so I'm hoping today and tomorrow will be much better. When I got home from work I felt like going to bed but I managed to stay up til about 9:00.

 Every winter I do this... I really just want to sleep and sleep. Hibernation is what it's called. Today we'll be in the 40's for a high and in the lower 30's for the low. And a 50% chance of snow! BRRRRCHILL!

I knew our Indian Summer days couldn't last too long.

 Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

TODAY’S PRAYERS

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!

25 WORDS

God, I thank You for today, for the ways You will bless me, and for the ways that I will serve others in Your name

I am in the hands of God, and in God's time all things will be made well.

TODAY IS…CLEAN OUT THE FRIDGE DAY

It's not The Blob - It's not Ghostbuster's Slime - It's the leftovers in your refrigerator and now... they have a life of their own! Get them before they get you!

TIP: An open box of baking soda will get rid of that smell!

TODAY'S TRIVIA

Today is National Sing in Your Car Day

Today is Don't Try to Do Everything at Once Day

1904 - One of Broadway’s most famous phrases was uttered for the first time. Ethel Barrymore, appearing in the play, Sunday, spoke the famous line, “That’s all there is. There isn’t any more,” as the curtain fell.

1956 - Love Me Tender, the first Elvis Presley film, premiered.

TODAY’S SMILE

My face in the mirror

Isn't wrinkled or drawn.

My house isn't dirty.

The cobwebs are gone.

 My garden looks lovely,

And so does my lawn.

I think I might never

Put my glasses back on.

TODAY'S LINK

McCormick Spices has a site where you can see how old your spices are spicecheckchallenge.com/

You will have to copy and paste the link into your browser if you want to see it.

TODAY’S WORD

flaneur \flah-NUR\, noun:

One who strolls about aimlessly; a lounger; a loafer.

Flaneur comes from French, from flâner, "to saunter; to stroll; to lounge about

TODAY’S REFLECTION

A man can do nothing better than to eat and drink and find satisfaction in his work. This too, I see, is from the hand of God.

Ecclesastes 2:24

Today's scripture seems like such a simple truth, but there are too many of us that do not find our work satisfying. So we plod along feeling unhappy and making those around us miserable. If your attitude is one of complaiining about your work , you have a problem.

Even if you move, it doesn't matter where you go -- there you are. The job may change but if your attitude remains negative, you will not be any happier in a new environment.

Our scripture today tells us that satisfaction is from the hand of God. You can do your best work wherever you are and also look at the possibilities of getting the kind of work you desire.

With God's help, you can do it.

Today's message from dailyguideposts.com

 

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

Unsteadiness of wind shows changing weather.

37 DAYS UNTIL WINTER !

 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

May there be a miracle in YOUR life today and may you have the EYES to SEE it!

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’ at

bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS at journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

and at onyama.blogspot.com

see archived ‘On the Bright Side’ Newsletters : at journals.aol.com/marainey1/ON THEBRIGHTSIDE/ BRIGHT SIDE

LOGO BY SON #6

at littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: