Wednesday, June 14, 2006

FOR THURSDAY, JUNE 15TH, 2006

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

JUNE 15th , 2006

TODAY'S THOUGHT

A friend is a person before whom I may think aloud.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

TODAY’S ACTION

Never lose sight of the things in your life that really matter

TODAY’S QUOTE

Having the best idea will do you no good unless you act on it. People who want milk shouldn't sit on a stool in the middle of a field hoping that a cow will back up to them.

C Grant

HAPPY THURSDAY !

Yesterday turned out to be a really pleasant day – weather and work wise. I only worked 8 and half hours – not 10. Thank the dear Lord.

When I went out at Lunch time I had to pick up a few supplies for the office and do their banking…that’s where the extra half hour came in.

I do their shopping, their banking, their cleaning, their bookkeeping, their typing and really anything, that needs to be done. I guess that’s why they call me the OFFICE MANAGER.

It only sounds important !

Today I get to pay their bills !

I love spending other peoples money !

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way!

Remember…You don't have to try to remember everything; that is what calendars are for!

TODAY IS…SPILL THE SALT DAY

Salt was our first food seasoning. It also purified water, preserved meat and medicated wounds. It was so highly prized that spilling it became a bad omen. The Sumarians, Egyptians and Greeks all used the gesture of throwing a pinch of salt over the left shoulder to ward off bad luck. The Romans gave their soldiers special allowances for salt rations called salarium (meaning "salt money"). This is the origin of our word "salary" today.

TODAY’S TRIVIA

1215 - In a meadow called Ronimed, between Windsor and Staines, England, King John of England sealed the Magna Carta, the first charter of English liberties. The Magna Carta is considered one of the most important historical documents defining political and human freedoms

1752: Benjamin Franklin, in a dangerous experiment, demonstrated the relationship between lightning and electricity by flying a kite during a storm in Philadelphia. An iron key suspended from the string attracted a lightning bolt.

Franklin used his discovery to start a new business. He made and sold lightning rods. These metal rods were attached to the tops of buildings. A wire ran down the side of the structure to the ground. When lightning struck the top of the rod, it ran down the wire and safely to ground without doing damage to the building

1851: Jacob Fussell, a Baltimore dairyman, sets up the first ice-cream factory

TODAY’S SMILE

A Glimpse Into The Future

Original author unknown

Operator: "Thank you for calling Pizza Express . May I have your national ID number?"

Customer: "Hi, I'd like to place an order."

Operator: "May I have your NIDN first, sir?"

Customer: "My National ID Number, yeah, hold on, eh, it's 6102049998-45-54610."

Operator: "Thank you, Mr. Sheehan. I see you live at 1742 Meadowland Drive, and the phone number's 494-2366. Your office number over at Lincoln Insurance is 745-2302, and your cell number's 266-2566. Which number are you calling from, sir?"

Customer: "Huh? I'm at home. Where d'ya get all this information?"

Operator: "We're wired into the system, sir."

Customer: (Sighs) "Oh, well, I'd like to order a couple of your All-Meat Special pizzas."

Operator: "I don't think that's a good idea, sir."

Customer: "Whaddya mean?"

Operator: "Sir, your medical records indicate that you've got very high blood pressure and extremely high cholesterol. Your National Health Care provider won't allow such an unhealthy choice."

Customer: "Oh man...What do you recommend, then?"

Operator: "You might try our low-fat Soybean Pizza. I'm sure you'll like it."

Customer: "What makes you think I'd like something like that?"

Operator: "Well, you checked out 'Gourmet Soybean Recipes' from your local library last week, sir. That's why I made the suggestion."

Customer: "All right, all right. Give me two family-sized ones, then."

Operator: "That should be plenty for you, your wife and your four kids, sir. Your total is $49.99."

Customer: "Lemme give you my credit card number."

Operator: "I'm sorry sir, but I'm afraid you'll have to pay in cash. Your credit card balance is over its limit."

Customer: "I'll run over to the ATM and get some cash before your driver gets here."

Operator: "That won't work either, sir. Your checking account's overdrawn."

Customer: "Never mind. Just send the pizzas. I'll have the cash ready. How long will it take?"

Operator: "We're running a little behind, sir. It'll be about 45 minutes, sir. If you're in a hurry you might want to pick 'em up while you're out getting the cash, but carrying pizzas on a motorcycle can be a little awkward."

Customer: "How in the world do you know I'm riding a bike?"

Operator: "It says here you're in arrears on your car payments, so your car got repo'ed. But your Harley's paid up.

Customer: "Yeah, well, the bike's not bad..."

Operator: "I'd advise watching your speed though, sir. You've already got a July 2006 conviction for speeding."

Customer: (Speechless)

Operator: "Will there be anything else, sir?"

Customer: "Yes, I have a coupon for a free 2 liter of Coke."

Operator: "I'm sorry sir, but our ad's exclusionary clause prevents us from offering free soda to diabetics."

Customer: "You know what? Never mind - I don't think I want ANYTHING."

Operator: "Have a nice day then, sir. Oh and before I go, I just want to remind you that it's time for your daughter's medication. Thank you for calling Pizza Express

TODAY’S LINK

This was sent to me with the warning that I’d better have a tissue ready. I needed one too !

A PARENTS WISH

http://parentswish.com/

TODAY’S WORD

divarication \dye-vair-uh-KAY-shun\

noun 1 : the action, process, or fact of spreading apart

2 : a divergence of opinion

TODAY’S REFLECTION

The Lord has heard my supplication; the Lord accepts my prayer.

Psalm 6:9

Often during a busy day,

Pause for a minute and silently pray.

Mention the names of those you love

And treasured friends you're fondest of.

Helen Steiner Rice

Devote a portion of your prayers to expressing sincere gratefulness to God for the privilege of enjoying friendships—with Him and with others

From Daily Guideposts

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

 Generosity is always wise.

Winston Churchill

6 DAYS UNTIL SUMMER

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.nois.com/rainey/rainey.htm

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: