Friday, June 23, 2006

FOR SATURDAY, JUNE 24, 2006

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

JUNE 24TH, 2006

TODAY'S THOUGHT

Those who wish to sing always find a song.

Swedish proverb

TODAY’S ACTION

Never take yourself too seriously.

TODAY’S QUOTE

I was strongest when I laughed at my weakness.

Elmer Diktonius

HAPPY SATURDAY!

Our rainy weather has finally cleared up and today we’ll have a beautiful sunny day. So far this week it’s been cool enough to enjoy the fresh air and not have to close the house up and put on the a/c.

I don’t know what I’d do without my weekend off from work. Now a days it seems I have just enough energy to get through 5 days of work and not one day more.

 Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

TODAY IS…SWIM A LAP DAY

Swimming is a healthy activity that can be continued over an entire lifetime. Yes, it's good for your heart and lungs, but the other benefits make it worth the effort to get to the pool. It can be a good break from the summer heat, a social outlet with friends, or relaxing recreation for the whole family. Signing up for water aerobics lets you get a good workout with no impact stress on the body. And best of all... it's a great calorie burner. Suit up!

TODAY’S TRIVIA

1949: NBC debuted the first network television western, Hopalong Cassidy, starring William Boyd and Edgar Buchanan. Edited theater films had been shown earlier on local New York City television

1953: Journalist Jacqueline Bouvier announced her engagement to U.S. Senator John F. Kennedy

1983: The space shuttle Challenger, carrying America's first woman in space, astronaut Sally K. Ride, coasted to a safe landing at Edwards Air Force Base in California.

1998: Walt Disney World Resort in Florida admitted its 600-millionth guest

TODAY’S SMILE

On still another diet, Sue had lost a few pounds and a lot of her usual sunny disposition. After making a snappish remark to her husband, she apologized and reminded him that he was supposed to stick by her through thick and thin.

 "I know," he said, dryly, "but thick was a lot easier."

 

Drinking From My Saucer

By Jimmy Dean

I've never made a fortune

and it's probably too late now

But I don't worry about that much

I'm happy anyhow and as

I go along life's way I

'm reaping better than I sow

I'm drinking from my saucer

'Cause my cup has overflowed

Haven't got a lot of riches

and sometimes the going's tough

But I've got loving ones around me

and that makes me rich enough

I thank God for his blessings

and the mercies He's bestowed

I'm drinking from my saucer

'Cause my cup has overflowed

O, Remember times when things went wrong

My faith wore somewhat thin

But all at once the dark clouds broke

and sun peeped through again

So Lord, help me not to gripe

about the tough rows that I've hoed

I'm drinking from my saucer

'Cause my cup has overflowed

If God gives me strength and courage

 When the way grows steep and rough

I'll not ask for other blessings

I'm already blessed enough and may

I never be too busy to help others bear their loads

Then I'll keep drinking from my saucer

'Cause my cup has overflowed

TODAY’S WORD

Touchstone

Pronunciation: /TUCH-stone/

 n : formerly, a stone used to test the quality of gold or silver; now anything used to test the excellence, authenticity, etc., of something or somebody

TODAY’S REFLECTION

A bruised reed he will not break, and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out. In faith-fulness he will bring forth justice; he will not falter or be discouraged...

Isaiah 42:3-4

Have you ever had a disappointment that seemed to bring your life to a dead end? I have! There have been times when I felt that a tornado had destroyed my dreams Those were the disappointing times when I could only turn to my heavenly Father.

Isaiah tells us in today's scripture that God will not allow us to be defeated, if we don't give up and let discouragement overcome us.

From Daily Guideposts

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

When mists rise in low ground and soon vanish, nothing is a surer sign of fair weather.

It’s Midsummer Day

Although Midsummer Day occurs near the summer solstice, or what we think of as the beginning of summer, to the farmer it is the midpoint of the growing season, halfway between planting and harvesting, and an occasion for celebration.

90 DAYS UNTIL AUTUMN

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.nois.com/rainey/rainey.htm

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: