Friday, July 15, 2005

FOR SATURDAY, JULY 16, 2005

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

JULY 16, 2005  

TODAY'S THOUGHT

   Remember the day's blessings; forget the day's troubles.   Anonymous  

 TODAY'S ACTION  

 Remember that detours are opportunities to experience new things.    

 TODAY'S RESOLUTION

  Precious Lord, I shall remember in
the times of my life when it seems
there is no hope there is still
total goodness and joy awaiting
me where time does not exist  

TODAY'S QUOTE

   I'm happier... I guess I made up my mind to be that way.   Merle Haggard

   HAPPY SATURDAY !  

Today is the big Family Camp Day - I'll be off to visit the kids camping !  Rain or shine - here we go !  Hopefully I'll have lots of pictures for all of you tomorrow !   Take good care all ! Have a great day !  Another wonderful one on the way !  

  TODAY IS...FRESH SPINACH DAY !

  Spinach is an annual plant that is part of the goosefoot family. It was native to southwestern Asia, but moved into Europe by the 12th century. It didn't became cultivated worldwide until the 1920s when it was discovered to be so nutritious. It's fate was sealed in the 1930s when Popeye sang, "I'm strong to the finish cause I eat my spinach". It has been a popular vegetable ever since.  

 FRESH SPINACH SALAD
1 pound fresh spinach
1 head red lettuce
1/2 pound bacon
3 hard boiled eggs
1 small red onion
4 ounces feta cheese

Dressing:
4 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1/3 cup cider vinegar
1 cup olive oil
1. Using a large bowl, tear the spinach and lettuce into bite sized pieces. Cook, drain and crumble the bacon. Slice the onion and chop the eggs.

2. Mix the bacon, onion, eggs and cheese with the spinach and lettuce.

3. Mix the dressing ingredients together and pour over the salad. Toss to mix. Season to taste with salt and peppe.

  TODAY'S TRIVIA  

1429 - Joan of Arc leads French army in Battle of Orleans
1439 - Kissing is banned in England (to stop germs from spreading)

 1935 - 1st automatic parking meter in U.S. installed (Oklahoma City)
1945 - 1st atomic bomb detonated, Trinity Site, Alamogordo, New Mexico
1956: The last Ringling Bros. Barnum and Bailey circus held its last show under the canvas tent
1661 - 1st banknotes in Europe were issued by Bank of Stockholm
1790 - Congress establishes District of Columbia
1861 - Battle of Bull Run, 1st major battle of the Civil War
1867 - D. R. Averill patents ready-mixed paint

1969: "Apollo Eleven" blasted off from Cape Kennedy on the first manned mission to the surface of the moon. The astronauts onboard were: Neil Armstrong, Edwin "Buzz" Aldrin and Michael Collins

1979: Saddam Hussein became president of Iraq  


TODAY'S SMILE  

I can be used daily.

I come in many different scents.

Most dogs dislike me.

I can take a real shine to you.

I am a liquid.

Kojak sure had no use for me.

I am both cosmetic and hygenic.

I spend most of my time in the shower.

Warren Beatty, in 1975, starred in a movie named for me.


Think you know the answer?  Scroll down and find out!

.

.

.

.

I am shampoo

  MORE...

A man wrote a letter to a small hotel in a Midwest town he planned to visit on his vacation. He wrote:

I would very much like to bring my dog with me. He is well-groomed and very well behaved. Would you be willing to permit me to keep him in my room with me at night?

An immediate reply came from the hotel owner, who said, "I've been operating this hotel for many years. In all that time, I've never had a dog steal towels, bedclothes, silverware or pictures off the walls. I've never had to evict a dog in the middle of the night for being drunk and disorderly. And I've never had a dog run out on a hotel bill. Yes, indeed, your dog is welcome at my hotel. And, if your dog will vouch for you, you're welcome to stay here, too.

 

Procrastination: The art of keeping up with yesterday  

TODAY'S WORD

  demarcate • \dih-MAR-kayt\ verb
1 : to mark the limits of : delimit
2 : to set apart : separate
 

 TODAY'S REFLECTION  

Whoever does not care for his own relatives, especially his own family members, has turned against the faith and is worse than someone who does not believe in God.

1 Timothy 5:8 (NCV)
  

 It is in the circle of the home where children first learn the importance of individual responsibility. Until we reclaim our families and our children, we will never deal with the moral crisis in our society.   

Charles Colson 
  

  TODAY'S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER'S ALMANAC

  Heat wave tip: Drink plenty of fluids and minimize your intake of protein-rich foods  

68 DAYS UNTIL AUTUMN !  

 Delight yourself in the Lord
and He will give you the desires of your Heart
Psalm 37:4
 

 I Love You All !!!   Be Blessed !!!   Ma  

 MY JOURNALS:  

 WHAT'S NEW AT MY HOUSE - SUMMER BIBLE STUDY http://onyama.blogspot.com/

GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE ! http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/  

BRIGHT SIDE  LOGO BY SON # 6 http://www.nois.com/rainey/rainey.htm

No comments: