Monday, August 6, 2007

FOR TUESDAY, AUGUST 7TH, 2007

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

AUGUST 7th, 2007

TODAY'S THOUGHT

Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.

Psalm 30:5

TODAY’S ACTION

Free yourself of yesterday's worries

TODAY’S QUOTE

It is a very serious thing to grow rich! Of all the temptations to which God's children are exposed, it is the worst, because it is the one that they do not dread. Believe me, there is no trial as great as no trial.

Charles Spurgeon

HAPPY TUESDAY !!

Yesterday we went from the tropics to the rain forest temps here in Northern Ohio. It was very hot and steamy. The humidity always makes it seem hotter than it really is and we were really close to the 90’s I had the air conditioning on in my car on the way home and when I got out my glasses fogged up. I’ve never had that happen before.

Today will be more of the same with some rain included.

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

25 WORDS

God, I thank You for today, for the ways You will bless me, and for the ways that I will serve others in Your name

 TODAY IS…SEA SERPENT DAY

The legend of the Loch Ness monster dates back to 565 AD, but are there really sea serpents? The area of water on our planet is vast and mostly unexplored, so who knows? Zoologists find new species of animals every year - and there are animals they thought were extinct for millions of years that turn up again. It's possible that the water creatures called sea serpents are just waiting their turn to be found and named

TODAY’S TRIVIA

Tonight is National Night Out, a time to meet neighbors and promote police-community partnerships

Today is Colorado Day. Colorado became the 38th U.S. state during this week in 1876

Today is "Say Cheese" Day

Today is National Raspberries 'n Cream Day

Today is National Take Last Winter's Snowballs out of the Freezer and Have a Fight Day

1782: George Washington created the Order of the Purple Heart, a decoration to recognize merit in military enlisted men and noncommissioned officers.

1963: The first beach movie starring Frankie Avalon and Annette Funicello opened nationwide. "Beach Party"

1993: In Twinsburg, Ohio, identical twins Phil and Doug Malm married identical twins Jill and Jena Lassen in front of twin ministers with 1,500 sets of twins witnessing the ceremony. It was Twins Day

TODAY’S SMILE

Is That You, God?

Learning to recognize his voice. By Alicia Bruxvoort

I was curled up on the corner of our plaid couch, seizing the early-morning silence to talk with God, when my son's warm body cuddling next to mine interrupted the conversation. I opened my eyes to greet Lukas with a hug.

 "Mommy?" he whispered. "Are you talking to God?" "Yes, honey," I replied as I kissed his tousled hair, "I am." I closed my eyes to continue my prayer.

Soon, a curious voice interrupted, "Mom?"

"Yes, Lukas?" "Does God talk back?" My heart responded long before my mouth formed the words: "Yes, buddy, God talks back."

Lukas's blue eyes grew wide as he stammered, "But how do you know it's him?"

Help me, Lord, I prayed silently, attempting to formulate an answer. How could I explain recognizing God's voice when I was still discovering it for myself? . . .

The squeeze of a little hand reminded me my son was still waiting for an answer. "So how do you know it's God?" Lukas persisted.

"Remember when we were at that playground filled with lots of people and Daddy went to the parking lot to get the car?" I asked. "Uh-huh?"

 "Could you see Daddy from where you sat on the swings?" "No."

"Well, how did you know it was Dad when he called your name and said it was time to go?"

 "Mo-om," he said with a giggle and a hint of exasperation, "He's my daddy. I just know him!"

"You know what, buddy?" I replied. "That's how it is with God, too!"

Alicia Bruxvoort is a writer and speaker who lives in Iowa.

TODAY’S LINK

Artist Mows Purple Heart into A Field

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,292236,00.html

TODAY’S WORD

fettle \FET-l\, noun:

A state or condition of fitness or order; state of mind; spirits -- often used in the phrase "in fine fettle."

Aside from the problems with her voice . . . Miss Garland was in fine fettle last night.

Fettle is from Middle English fetlen, "to set in order," originally "to gird up," from Old English fetel, "a girdle."

TODAY’S REFLECTION

To the Lord I cry aloud, and he answers me from his holy hill.

 Psalm 3:4

When we are sorrowful, there are things that trigger tears, but God also sends things to us that are comforting and inspiring, if we but look for them.

An anonymous poet has written:

These things are beautiful beyond belief;

The pleasant weakness that comes after pain,

The radiant greenness that comes after rain,

The deepened faith that follows after grief,

And the awakening to love again.

http://www.dailyguideposts.com/

 TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

 If a young woman dreams of macaroni, a stranger will enter her life

46 DAYS UNTIL AUTUMN!

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

May there be a miracle in YOUR life today and may you have the EYES to SEE it!

I Love You All !!!

 Be Blessed !!!

MA

MY HOMEPAGE

 I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS

 http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

 To see archived ‘On the Bright Side’ Newsletters click on the link below: http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/ONTHEBRIGHTSIDE/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: