Saturday, August 4, 2007

FOR SUNDAY , AUGUST 5, 2007

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

AUGUST 5th, 2007

TODAY'S THOUGHT

You see things; and you say, "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?"

George Bernard Shaw

TODAY’S ACTION

Pay attention to your dreams.

TODAY’S QUOTE

It is true that if we look after others, God will look after us – and do a lot better job of it than we can.

Arthur E. Yensen

HAPPY SUNDAY !!

As usual I’ll be off to church a little later this morning. Today we are supposed to welcome our new pastor . He’s known by many of us and used to be at our church several years ago as an associate. It will be great to have him back home again.

We may get some needed showers today and I hope we do, the week ahead looks like it will be another very hot one.

As I was doing my trivia for today I noticed that it was Sisters Day! So I thought I’d say to my sisters just how much I do love them.

Sisters are Forever

Each morning when the day begins when other friendships fade or end sisters are forever.

Seasons come and seasons go summer rains turn into snow but no matter where you live, or how far you go... Sisters are forever!

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

25 WORDS

God, I thank You for today, for the ways You will bless me, and for the ways that I will serve others in Your name

TODAY IS…MUSTARD SEED DAY

Mustard is a popular seasoning in kitchens around the world. But, what about those cute, little white mustard seeds? Grown in Europe and in the north part of the U.S., they have been used for lots of other interesting reasons. Ground into a powder and dried, they were an old remedy for colds and rheumatism. As a fertilizer, they will give your daffodils stronger color. You can even put dried mustard in your shoes to prevent cold feet

EASY HONEY-MUSTARD RECIPE

1/2 cup mayonnaise

1 tablespoon dry mustard

1 teaspoon minced onion

1/4 cup honey

1 tablespoon minced parsely

Mix all ingredients in a medium bowl. Serve as a dressing over your favorite lettuce salad.

TODAY’S TRIVIA

National Chigger Week begins today. Your chances of being chigger chewed are greater this week than any week of the year

Today is Sisters Day

Today is National Waffle Day

1884 - The cornerstone for the Statue of Liberty was laid at Bedloe’s Island (now called Liberty Island), New York. The actual statue was accepted as a gift to the United States from the people of France by U.S. President Grover Cleveland on October 28, 1886. The statue became a symbol of freedom to the European immigrants who passed it on their way to Ellis Island and their admittance to the United States. It remains today as a symbol of liberty for all

1914 - Euclid Avenue and East 105th Street in Cleveland, Ohio became the first intersection in the U.S. to be equipped with an electric traffic light. The lighting ceremony occurred on this day

1924 - The comic strip Little Orphan Annie debuted in the New York Daily News. Annie and her little dog, Sandy, were creations of cartoonist Harold Gray. His work would come to life in the Broadway and film adaptations of Annie a half-century later -- to great success

 1953: The film "From Here To Eternity" premiered in the U.S. It starred Burt Lancaster, Deborah Kerr, Montgomery Clift, Donna Reed, Frank Sinatra, and Ernest Borgnine

1957: "American Bandstand," hosted by Dick Clark, made its network TV debut on ABC. The first record played was Buddy Holly’s "That’ll Be the Day

TODAY’S SMILE

 Last summer, John took Jill camping for the first time. At every opportunity, he passed along outdoor-survival lore. One day they got lost hiking in the deep woods. John tried the usual tactics to determine direction - moss on the trees (There was no moss.), direction of the sun (It was an overcast day).

Just as he was beginning to panic, John spotted a small cabin off in the distance. John pulled out his binoculars, studied the cabin, turned, and led them right back to the campsite. "That was terrific," Jill said. "How did you do it?"

"Simple," he replied. "In this part of the country all TV satellite dishes point south."

When someone does something good, applaud! You will make two people happy.

Samuel Goldwyn US (Polish-born) movie producer (1882 - 1974)

TODAY’S LINK

This beautiful link was sent to me by DDIL#5 and I’m dedicating it to my parents who I’m sure had this wish for their children , just as I have this wish for mine.

A Parents Wish http://parentswish.com/site01/big.html

TODAY’S WORD

jeremiad \jair-uh-MY-uhd\, noun:

A tale of sorrow, disappointment, or complaint; a doleful story; also, a dolorous or angry tirade.

Jeremiad comes from French jérémiade, after Jérémie, Jeremiah, the prophet

TODAY’S REFLECTION

This poor man called, and the Lord heard him; he saved him out of all his troubles

Psalm 34:6

So many times we pray for God's help, and then we sit back and wait, complaining that he hasn't heard our prayer and we fail to recognize his answer when it comes. It may come through an unexpected event, an idea we get, or even through something someone says to us.

We have to recognize the opportunity when it appears, then be ready to act on it Prayer is a two-way proposition. God will do his part, but we must do ours also

Lord, help us to take advantage of the doors you open for us in response to our prayers. Amen

http://www.dailyguideposts.com

Lord, I give you my hands to do your work.

I give you my feet to go your way.

I give you my eyes to see as you do.

 I give you my tongue to speak your words.

I give you my mind that you may think in me.

I give you my spirit that you may pray in me.

Above all I give you my heart that you may love in me.

I give you my whole self that you may grow in me,

so that it is you Lord Jesus,

who live and work and pray in me. Amen.

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

There is more to life than increasing its speed.

Mahatma Gandhi

Why is summer like the letter N?

Because it makes ice nice

48 DAYS UNTIL AUTUMN!

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

May there be a miracle in YOUR life today and may you have the EYES to SEE it!

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

 MA

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’ www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

To see archived ‘On the Bright Side’ Newsletters click on the link below: http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/ONTHEBRIGHTSIDE/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: