Sunday, August 12, 2007

FOR MONDAY, AUGUST 13TH, 2007

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

AUGUST 13TH, 2007

TODAY'S THOUGHT

Raising children is a creative endeavor, an art rather than a science.

Bruno Bettelheim

TODAY’S ACTION

Never forget the things you learned as a child

TODAY’S QUOTE

Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.

Oscar Wilde

HAPPY MONDAY !!

We had a nice sunny start to the day yesterday and I was able to get to church and also to help DS#5 a little as he got started on his Caricature Job at the church festival.

I bought him some lunch after church. Mom’s always have to make sure their children are well fed. I also had my first taste of corn on the cob this summer. That was part of our lunch and it was wonderful. Nice and tender and sweet ! And the good news is that my tooth didn’t break again! Oh how I do love fresh corn on the cob!

Sundays are probably my best day of the week physically and mentally. I get all refreshed and renewed for sure. Today I’ll be back to work as usual, but I have a lot to be thankful for.

I also got back to my Bible studies yesterday afternoon and put my study notes up on my ‘What’s New at My House’ journal if you’d like to take a look. The link is always at the bottom of this little letter every day.

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdomfor their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

25 WORDS

God, I thank You for today, for the ways You will bless me, and for the ways that I will serve others in Your name

TODAY IS…TRAIL MIX DAY

Who invented Trail Mix? The Boy Scouts? The Girl Scouts? I'd say it was a creative mom with a hungry hiker! No matter where it started, it's a hit today with everyone from campers to travelers. The best part is that you can easily modify the recipe for a sugar free snack!

1 cup dry cereal (cheerios, chex, or any type)

1 cup M&M's

1 cup peanuts

1 cup raisins

Other Options

dried fruit

yogurt covered nuts

sunflower seeds

pretzels

Put all ingredients in a large ziploc bag. Shake to mix

TODAY’S TRIVIA

Today is Wall Day, a reminder East Germans began building the Berlin wall on this date in 1961. Celebrate the tearing down of all walls that separate us from each other.

Today is National Filet Mignon Day.

1784 - The Continental Congress met for the final time in Annapolis, Maryland. It moved a few more times, from Philadelphia, PA to New York City and, finally, to its permanent seat of government in Washington, DC.

1934 - Cartoonist Al Capp began his famous comic strip, Li’l Abner. In those early days, the cartoon strip was carried in eight newspapers. Eventually, it would be in more than 500, and would be the basis for a Broadway play and a Hollywood movie, too.

TODAY’S SMILE

This day's going to be a good one.

I'm alive and well.

This day's going to be a fine one.

 I'll sit and rest a spell.

This day's going to be a great one.

I don't have to go to work.

This day's going to be a swell one.

I got some coffee to perk.

This day's going to be a fun one.

My bills are paid on time.

This day's going to be the best one.

 I got some words to rhyme.

This day's going to be a happy one.

I got my attitude in check.

This day's going to be a praising one.

I'll give that old devil a run for his money.

This day's going to be a dancing one.

My feet feel fancy free.

This day's going to be a one of a kind.

'Cause it's my day and there's only one me.

Author Unknown

(Well I do have to go to work , but it’ll be great one anyway !)

 TODAY’S WORD

 nebbish \NEB-ish\, noun:

A weak-willed, timid, or ineffectual person.

Nebbish is from Yiddish nebekh, "poor, unfortunate," of Slavic origin.

TODAY’S REFLECTION

 You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. You shall not bow down to them or worship them.

Exodus 20:4-5a

If we truly believe in God, then we need to be willing to turn over control to the Almighty, be willing to follow and trust that where the Spirit of God is leading us is a place where we could not get to alone.

Allow God to be God and be amazed at how your life begins to be touched by that very Higher Power.

http://www.dailyguideposts.com

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

To cure a headache, place a buckwheat cake on your head.

40 DAYS UNTIL AUTUMN!

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

May there be a miracle in YOUR life today and may you have the EYES to SEE it!

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed!!!

MA

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’ www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS

GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE !

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

WHAT’S NEW AT MY HOUSE

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

To see archived ‘On the Bright Side’ Newsletters click on the link below: http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/ONTHEBRIGHTSIDE/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: