Wednesday, August 8, 2007

FOR THURSDAY, AUGUST 9TH, 2007

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

AUGUST 9TH, 2007

TODAY'S THOUGHT

People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing.

Dale Carnegie

TODAY’S ACTION

Look for ways around your limitations

TODAY’S QUOTE

Habit is a cable; we spin a thread of it every day and at last we can not break it.

Author Unknown

HAPPY THURSDAY !!

AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DS#5

May the dear Lord bless you today and always !

When DS#5 was born we made a momentous move . We moved into a big old house with 4 bedrooms and most importantly 2 ½ baths. It was a hot August then, just as it is now. But the big old house was shaded all around with some lovely old trees. I can never begin to tell you how much that shade was appreciated.

He was a good baby and very contented. All my babies had the most delightful smiles and I loved being a Mom. I really was doing what I liked doing most. I guess I’m still a Mom, there are just no babies here anymore…they all are grown adults who have their own homes and families.

I got to be a SAHM for twelve wonderful years and it was a blessing for sure! I look back and wonder just how 30 years went by so fast. It seems as though it was just yesterday.

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

25 WORDS

 God, I thank You for today, for the ways You will bless me, and for the ways that I will serve others in Your name

TODAY IS…DANCE A POLKA DAY

The polka is a folk dance that was originally a lively Bohemian courtship dance. It is three quick steps and a hop to music in 2/4 time - and couples cover a lot of space as they circle the dance floor. Introduced in Paris about 1843, it became a big hit both in ballrooms and on the stage. It then swept across Europe, and both North and South America. It's still popular today - if you have the energy!

TODAY’S TRIVIA

Today is National Rice Pudding Day

Today is National Clean Out the Kitchen Cabinets Day

Today is National Snickerdoodle Day.

1790: The Columbia returned to Boston Harbor after a three-year voyage, becoming the first ship to carry the American flag around the world.

1944: The U.S. Forest Service and the Wartime Advertising Council created the character Smokey the Bear to plead for Americans to prevent forest fires

1974: Gerald Ford became the first non-elected President of the U.S. after Richard Nixon resigned.

2001: After 37 years, fictional PFC Gomer Pyle was finally promoted to lance corporal, a promotion that eluded him during five years in the Marine Corps on the popular television sitcom "Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C." in the 1960s. Actor Jim Nabors at age 71 was pinned in Honolulu with the lance corporal insignia by General James Jones, commandant of the Marine Corps. Jones said, "Sergeant Carter would be amazed!"

TODAY’S SMILE

I've learned . . . that just one person saying to me, "You've made my day!" makes my day.

I've learned . . . that being kind is more important than being right.

I've learned . . . that you should never say no to a gift from a child.

I've learned . . . that I can always pray for someone when I don't have the strength to help him in some other way.

I've learned . . . that no matter how serious your life requires you to be, everyone needs a friend to act goofy with.

I've learned . . . that sometimes all a person needs is a hand to hold and a heart to understand.

I've learned . . . that life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

I've learned . . . that we should be glad God doesn't give us everything we ask for.

I've learned . . . that money doesn't buy class. I've learned . . . that it's those small daily happenings that make life so spectacular.

I've learned . . . that under everyone's hard shell is someone who wants to be appreciated and loved.

I've learned . . . that the Lord didn't do it all in one day. What makes me think I can?

I've learned . . . that when you plan to get even with someone, you are only letting that person continue to hurt you.

 I've learned . . . that love, not time, heals all wounds.

I've learned . . . that when you harbor bitterness, happiness will dock elsewhere.

I've learned. . . that a smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks.

I've learned . . . that I can't choose how I feel, but I can choose what I do about it.

I've learned . . . that it is best to give advice in only two circumstances; when it is requested and when it is a life-threatening situation.

Author Unknown

But appreciated by me for sure.

TODAY’S WORD

gregarious \grih-GAIR-ee-us\, adjective:

1. Tending to form a group with others of the same kind.

2. Seeking and enjoying the company of others

True locusts, which are actually certain kinds of grasshoppers, are usually solitary and rather sluggish, but when they are crowded they enter a gregarious and highly active migratory phase.

TODAY’S REFLECTION

I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the Lord sustains me.

Psalm 3:5

The psalmist appreciates the fact that he awakens each day because the Lord is taking care of him. I have been told that once you face the possibility of death because of illness or because of experience on the battlefield, you realize that each day is a precious gift.

But most of us take each day for granted and many times we plod through it as if the day were a chore. It is easy to be optimistic when you're healthy, your purse is full and you're surrounded by loving family and friends.

It takes courage to be an optimist, when obstacles appear in life. But it is in those lonely times when you feel overwhelmed by anxiety and fear that you need that bright candle of optimism. If you have faith that God loves you and will guide you through the darkness, nothing can put out that small candle of hope.

So let's all rejoice, no matter what!

http://www.dailyguideposts.com

A PRAYER OF TRUST AND SURRENDER AT BEDTIME

Lord of night, Creator of the stars and moon, I thank you for the graceful gifts of this day.

I rest in you, my Divine Friend and my Companion, Who watches over me while I sleep.

May the problems and pains of today be healed

As I surrender myself into your nightly care. Bless, this evening, those whom I love And watch over them in a special way.

Lord of the day and night, of life and death, I place myself into your holy hands.

Amen.

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

Better sense in the head than cents in the pocket..

44 DAYS UNTIL AUTUMN!

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

May there be a miracle in YOUR life today and may you have the EYES to SEE it!

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’ www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/ To see archived ‘On the Bright

Side’ Newsletters click on the link below: http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/ONTHEBRIGHTSIDE/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: