Thursday, August 2, 2007

FOR FRIDAY AUGUST 3RD, 2007

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

AUGUST 3RD, 2007

TODAY'S THOUGHT

What we call results are beginnings.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

TODAY’S ACTION

Learn from your experiences and errors of yesterday.

TODAY’S QUOTE

Special” is a word that is used to describe something one of a kind, like a hug or a sunset or a person who spreads love with a smile or kind gesture.

“Special” describes people who act from the heart and keep in mind the hearts of others.

 “Special” applies to something that is admired and precious and which can never be replaced.

 “Special” is the word that best describes you.

Author Unknown

HAPPY FINALLY FRIDAY !!

Life is so very precious and when it is lost, we mourn. My love, sympathy and prayers go out to the families of the bridge disaster in Minneapolis - and for all tragedies, accidents, health issues, and whatever other crisis you may be facing this day.

After a sizzling day yesterday, I’m afraid we only have another one to look forward to Well it is Summer so I guess that is what we get. The trouble is that I can’t stand the heat and have to stay in. After having spent most of the winter indoors, I’d like to be able to get outside and enjoy it.

I had the final fitting for my partial plates Thursday after work. In a couple of weeks I’ll have my new teeth. I still have the fillings and the cleaning to look forward to, but now I do have appointments for those.

After I get the teeth done, I’ll need to be getting my eyes checked. I’m afraid it’s time for that too. It’s always something for sure. My beagle is due for his shots too.

I owe , I owe, so it’s off to work I go…

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

25 WORDS

God, I thank You for today, for the ways You will bless me, and for the ways that I will serve others in Your name

TODAY IS…NATIONAL PARK DAY

America's National Parks provide activities for every season of the year. A visit can be a fun, exciting trip for the whole family. Hiking and fishing, guided nature walks or educational programs. There's something interesting for everyone of any age! Go explore!

LINK TO THE NATIONAL PARK GUIDE

http://www.nps.gov/archive/parks.html

TODAY’S TRIVIA

Today is Hammock Appreciation Day

1492: A half hour before sunrise, Christopher Columbus set sail from Palos, Spain, on a voyage that took him to the present-day Americas.

1933: The Mickey Mouse Watch first went on sale for$2.75. A Mickey Mouse Clock sold for $1.50. Today, collectors will pay hundreds of dollar for the original watches and clocks.

1949: The National Basketball Association was formed

1963 - Comedian Allan Sherman’s summer camp parody, Hello Mudduh, Hello Fadduh! (A Letter from Camp) was released on Warner Brothers Records. It went to number two on the pop charts (8/24/63).

TODAY’S SMILE

STRESS MANAGEMENT

A lecturer, when explaining stress management to an audience, raised a glass of water and asked, "How heavy is this glass of water?" Answers called out ranged from 20g to 500g. The lecturer replied, "

The absolute weight doesn't matter. It depends on how long you try to hold it. If I hold it for a minute, that's not a problem. If I hold it for an hour, I'll have an ache in my right arm. If I hold it for a day, you'll have to call an ambulance.

In each case, it's the same weight, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes." He continued, "And that's the way it is with stress management. If we carry our burdens all the time, sooner or later, as the burden becomes increasingly heavy, we won't be able to carry on. "

 "As with the glass of water, you have to put it down for a while and rest before holding it again. When we're refreshed, we can carry on with the burden."

"So, before you return home tonight, put the burden of work down. Don't carry it home. You can pick it up tomorrow. Whatever burdens you're carrying now, let them down for a moment if you can."

So, my friend, why not take a while to just simply RELAX. Put down anything that may be a burden to you right now. Don't pick it up again until after you've rested a while. Life is short. Enjoy it!

Author unknown.

TODAY’S LINK

One Day at a Time

http://www.frontiernet.net/~jimdandy/specials/onedayatatime/onedayatatime.htm

TODAY’S WORD

brackish \BRAK-ish\, adjective:

 1. Somewhat salty.

 2. Distasteful; unpalatable.

 Brackish derives from Dutch brak, "salty." It is especially used to describe a mixture of seawater and fresh water.

TODAY’S REFLECTION

If anyone believes in me, rivers of living water will flow out from that person’s heart.

John 7:38

In countless situations—stressful meetings, dull days, long drives, demanding trips—and many times a day, I step to the underground spring of God.

You don’t have to live with a dehydrated heart. Receive Christ’s work on the cross, the energy of his Spirit, his lordship over your life, his unending, unfailing love. Drink deeply and often. And out of you will flow rivers of living water.

1 of 365 devotionals in Grace for the Moment, Volume 2

by Max Lucado

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

 When spiders build new webs, the weather will be clear.

50 DAYS UNTIL AUTUMN!

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

May there be a miracle in YOUR life today and may you have the EYES to SEE it!

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

 MY HOMEPAGE

 I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

 MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

 http://onyama.blogspot.com/

To see archived ‘On the Bright Side’ Newsletters click on the link below: http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/ONTHEBRIGHTSIDE/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: