Tuesday, July 24, 2007

FOR WEDNESDAY, JULY 25TH , 2007

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

JULY 25TH, 2007

TODAY'S THOUGHT

In the hopes of reaching the moon men fail to see the flowers that blossom at their feet.

Albert Schweitzer

TODAY’S ACTION

Appreciate the moments that you have today

TODAY’S QUOTE

Avoiding the phrase “I don’t have time...” will soon help you to realize that you do have the time needed for just about anything you choose to accomplish in life

Bo Bennett

HAPPY WEDNESDAY!

We got some very nice rain yesterday and may get some more today. It’s very unusual for me to be saying that is a good thing, but we’ve been unusually dry here .

Most of the time I’d be looking for the sunshine, not the rain.

Today is one of the busiest days of the week for me at work. That too is a good thing as the time passes faster. Yesterday sorta drug by doing all that data entry stuff.

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

25 WORDS

God, I thank You for today, for the ways You will bless me, and for the ways that I will serve others in Your name

TODAY IS…PIPE DREAMS DAY

During the 1800s, opium was heavily imported to Europe from Asia. This hallucinogenic drug wasn't illegal at that time and was widely used in some literary circles in England. The opium was smoked in a pipe and usually produced strange visions. The creative writers called these visions "pipe dreams". Today the term is used for farfetched ideas that probably aren't going to happen

TODAY’S TRIVIA

Today is National Hot Fudge Appreciation Day

Crooner Dean Martin and comedian Jerry Lewis staged their first show as a team this day in 1946 at Club 500 in Atlantic City, NJ. Actually, the two had met while performing -- separately -- at the Glass Hat in New York City and decided to try an ad-lib act together. The rest is entertainment history

1871 - Seth Wheeler of Albany, NY patented perforated toilet paper.

1899: Stuart Hine was born in England. While serving as a missionary to Ukraine, he wrote English words to a traditional Swedish hymn, which is sung today as "How Great Thou Art."

TODAY’S SMILE

ADULT vs CHILD VISIONS

When I look at a patch of dandelions, I see a bunch of weeds that are going to take over my yard.

My kids see flowers for Mom and blowing white fluff you can wish on.

When I look at an old drunk and he smiles at me, I see a smelly, dirty person who probably wants money and I look away.

My kids see someone smiling at them and they smile back.

When I hear music I love, I know I can't carry a tune and don't have much rhythm so I sit self consciously and listen.

My kids feel the beat and move to it. They sing out the words. If they don't know them, they make up their own.

When I feel wind on my face, I brace myself against it. I feel it messing up my hair and pulling me back when I walk.

My kids close their eyes, spread their arms and fly with it until they fall to the ground laughing.

When I pray I say Thee and Thou and grant me this, give me that.

My kids say, "Hi God!!! Thanks for my toys and my friends. Please keep the bad dreams away tonight. Sorry, I don't want to go to Heaven yet. I would miss my Mommy and Daddy."

When I see a mud puddle, I step around it. I see muddy shoes and clothes and dirty carpets.

My kids sit in it. They see dams to build, rivers to cross and worms to play with.

I wonder if we are given kids to teach or to learn from? No wonder God loves the little children!!

TODAY’S WORD

confabulation \kon-FAB-yuh-lay-shuhn\, noun:

1. Familiar talk; easy, unrestrained, unceremonious conversation. 2. (Psychology) A plausible but imagined memory that fills in gaps in what is remembered.

Confabulation comes from Late Latin confabulatio, from the past participle of Latin confabulari, "to talk together," from con-, "together, with" + fabulari, "to talk." It is related to fable, "a fiction, a tale," and to fabulous, "so incredible or astonishing as to resemble or suggest a fable."

TODAY’S REFLECTION

Simon answered, 'Master, we've worked hard all night and haven't caught anything. But because you say so, I will let down the nets.

Luke 5:4

Jesus sat in a fisherman's boat to teach the crowds. Afterward he told the fishermen to let down their nets. They had been working all night and Simon Peter knew that the spot had few fish. Yet he listened to Jesus' encouraging words and the catch was tremendous

When God sends you in a direction that you don't understand, but that seems reasonable, step out in faith. God has a plan for your life and sometimes you are led to opportunities you never expected

 http://www.dailyguideposts.com

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

To prevent moss from forming on a roof, mix up a solution of 2 capfuls of bleach and 1 gallon of water. Apply it to the shingles with a sponge

59 DAYS UNTIL AUTUMN!

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

May there be a miracle in YOUR life today and may you have the EYES to SEE it!

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

 MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

To see archived ‘On the Bright Side’ Newsletters click on the link below: http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/ONTHEBRIGHTSIDE/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: