Friday, July 6, 2007

FOR SATURDAY, JULY 7, 2007

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

JULY 7TH, 2007

TODAY'S THOUGHT

We tend to get what we expect.

Norman Vincent Peale

TODAY’S ACTION

Keep your wonder of great and noble things.

TODAY’S QUOTE

The only thing that ever sat its way to success was a hen.

Sarah Brown

HAPPY SATURDAY!

07/07/07

With all these seven’s in the date it should be a lucky day! It is for me anyway! I’m off to visit the campers!!! This is my second favorite place to be, the first is of course The Beach!

We camped for many summers when the babes were growing up. It was truly a fun time and enjoyed by all of us! I loved being out where it’s quiet and you have the woods around you and lots of fresh air and sunshine! You could sit out and watch the sunrise and sit somemore and watch the sun set.

I was a camper that liked to take it easy and rest. Things have changed considerably since then…now the campers all have a/c and microwaves!

I’m off about 8 this morning and should be home by dark!

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

25 WORDS

God, I thank You for today, for the ways You will bless me, and for the ways that I will serve others in Your name

TODAY IS…ICE CREAM CONE DAY

For centuries, ice cream was served in saucers. It wasn't until 1904 at the St. Louis World's Fair that ice cream was sold in a cone. When an ice cream vendor ran out of paper dishes, he ran to the next booth where a man was selling waffles. He rolled a waffle, filled it with ice cream, and the rest is history. Within a decade, 1/3 of the ice cream eaten in the U.S. was eaten from a waffle cone.

TODAY’S TRIVIA

Today is Father-Daughter Take A Walk Together Day,

Today is Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter's 61st wedding anniversary. The former First Couple married when Jimmy was 21 and Rosalynn was 18

Today is National Strawberry Sundae Day

Today is National Chocolate Day.

1949: A new type radio show premiered on NBC dramatizing cases from actual police files. Each show began "The story you are about to hear is true. Only the names have been changed to protect the innocent." Dum-de-dum-dum! Dragnet, starring Jack Webb, was born.

1956: Johnny Cash made his first appearance on the "Grand Ole Opry."

 TODAY’S SMILE

A Child's Prayer:

Dear Lord, tonight I want to ask something special of you... change me into a TV set. I want to take it's place to be able live the life that the TV lives in our house:

- To have a special room just for me;

- To bring together the members of my family, all around me;

- To be the center of attention, that all want to hear without being interrupted or questioned;

- To have them take me seriously when I speak;

- To feel the special and immediate care the TV receives when it doesn't work perfectly;

- To have the company of my father even though he arrives tired from work;

- To have my mom seek me out when she's alone and bored, instead of ignoring me;

- To have my brothers and sisters fight amongst themselves to be with me and to have them all enjoy themselves with me even though sometimes I don't have anything to say to them;

- To live the feeling that they will drop everything to spend some time at my side I'm not asking a lot of you Lord

- all of this is what every TV experiences!!

TODAY’S WORD

sere \SEER\, adjective:

Dry; withered.

Recent rains have done little to relieve the sere conditions.

Sere comes from Old English sear, "dry."

TODAY’S REFLECTION

I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge -- that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

Ephesians 3: 17b-18

I believe that most of us would pray this way for our children. In times of disappointment or sorrow, you have his comfort. In crises of your life, you can rely on his wisdom.

You can step forward, no matter what the challenge may be. Nothing in life is secure. When your security is based on Christ's enduring love, you can face any and all challenges, without doubt or fear.

http://www.dailyguideposts.com

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

Foods defrosted in a microwave oven should be cooked immediately after thawing.

77 DAYS UNTIL AUTUMN!

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

 Psalm 37:4

May there be a miracle in YOUR life today and may you have the EYES to SEE it!

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

 MY HOMEPAGE

 I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

 http://onyama.blogspot.com/

To see archived ‘On the Bright Side’ Newsletters click on the link below: http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/ONTHEBRIGHTSIDE/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I never knew that about ice cream.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/acoward15/andy-the-bastard