Sunday, July 29, 2007

FOR MONDAY, JULY 30TH, 2007

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

JULY 30TH, 2007

TODAY'S THOUGHT

God provides the wind, but man must raise the sails.

Saint Augustine

TODAY’S ACTION

Have great hopes and dare to go all out for them

TODAY’S QUOTE

There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves all of us not to talk about the rest of us.

Robert Louis Stevenson

HAPPY MONDAY !!

BACK TO WORK AGAIN !

Yesterday sure was a nice day. One of the nicest parts of it was that I got to spend a lot of time with my DD. We don’t get to get together much any more and I miss that. She is always busy with work and school and their weekends are always busy with camping or traveling somewhere .

The shower was super nice and the soon to be newly weds got a lot of really nice gifts. Of course I got to be with my Sisters and one of my nieces too and 3 of my aunts and one of my cousins were there. I think a good time was had by all.

It is so exciting for young people just starting out and getting all that new stuff for their home. I know the gifts were appreciated by my nephew and his bride to be, but I think they appreciated our presence just as much as they appreciated the presents. They make a very nice couple.

It is supposed to be in the mid to upper 80’s and sunny all week. It’s a blessing that we got quite a bit of rain last week, so now with the sunshine everything in the gardens and yards should be growing quite well.

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

25 WORDS

God, I thank You for today, for the ways You will bless me, and for the ways that I will serve others in Your name

TODAY IS…DEVILED EGG DAY

What's a picnic without deviled eggs? These little delights are always the first to disappear from any table. And we all know somebody who is famous for their deviled eggs. So, where did they get their name? It's because they are always made with mustard!

FAMOUS DEVILED EGG RECIPE

6 eggs

2 tablespoons mayonnaise, sour cream or plain yogurt

3/4 teaspoon yellow mustard

1/2 teaspoon lemon juice or pickle juice

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/8 teaspoon pepper

Paprika

1. Place eggs in a cold pan of water. Bring the water to a boil. Cover the pan with a tight fitting lid and turn off the heat. Let the eggs sit for 30 minutes to cook. Put the pan in the sink and run cold water over the eggs before peeling to keep the shells from sticking. 2. Cut the eggs in half lengthwise and take out the yolk with a small spoon. Place the egg yolks in a bowl and the whites on a plate. 3. Mash the yolks with fork. Stir in the remaining ingredients until well blended. Refill the whites, using about 1 tablespoon of yolk mixture for each egg half. Sprinkle with paprika and chill to blend the flavors.

Note: I use the mayo and don’t use the pickle or lemon juice

TODAY’S TRIVIA

Today is National Cheesecake Day

Today is Paperback Day, marking the start of the paperback book revolution with publication of Penguin #1, Ariel, A Life of Shelley by Andre Maurois in London this date in 1935. Books had been published with soft covers in Leipzig, Germany, as early as 1841, but never really caught on.

1898 - Scientific American carried the first magazine automobile ad. The Winton Motor Car Company of Cleveland, OH invited readers to “Dispense with a Horse.”

1956 - The phrase “In God We Trust” was adopted as the U.S. national motto

1965: U.S. President Lyndon Johnson signed legislation creating a health-care program for the elderly called "Medicare." It became effective the following year.

1998 - A world-record Powerball jackpot of $295.7 million was won by a group of 13 machinists who worked together in Westerville, Ohio. The group chose the cash option, and received a lump-sum payment of $161.5 million dollars

TODAY’S SMILE

I once told a man that I no longer voted. He responded by telling me this: The choice of whether I voted or not waswhy he waded through rice paddies, toted guns, and fought battles. It wasn't long afterward that I began to vote again.

I once told a man a lie. He responded by telling me this: All of the decisions that he made were based upon the words that I spoke. I have long since told the truth

I once became upset over a gift I received, because it wasn't what I wanted. The giver saw the disappointment in my eyes and told me this: He chose the most valuable gift he could find, because he felt I should have it. I am since very joyful over each gift that I receive.

A man once told me a secret which I quietly whispered in another friend's ear. The man told me this, after hearing his own secret repeated. The reason he told me the secret was because he trusted me, not my friend. I no longer take trust so lightly.

I once gave a gift to a friend and she cried. I told her it was just a small gift I had found. Her response was that it was not the gift, it was that I had thought of her. I now give gifts often.

The shiny coin was not to be mine, so I had been told. But on my way out the door, it found its way in my hand. When it was discovered that I had stolen the coin, I was quietly taken aside. The owner of the coin told me this. Integrity is given with a choice. I have since chosen to stand with integrity.

Once I told a man of all of my dreams. He smiled warmly and even chuckled then asked if I ever planned on living any of them. I now choose the spending of my days very differently.

Author Unknown

TODAY’S WORD

ambuscade \AM-buh-skayd; am-buh-SKAYD\, noun:

1. An ambush. transitive verb:

1. To attack by surprise from a concealed place; to ambush.

No more ambuscades, no more shooting from behind trees.

William Murchison

TODAY’S REFLECTION

The LORD your God will make you abundantly prosperous in all your undertakings, in the fruit of your body, in the fruit of your livestock, and in the fruit of your soil. For the LORD will again take delight in prospering you … because you turn to the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

Deuteronomy 30:9, 10b

My prayer this day is that you will listen to those positive voices in your life, because it is so easy to be molded by the negativity of others.

Fight those negative voices! Fight them and anticipate that by using the gifts that God has blessed you with, you will be successful in the way that God created you to be!

http://www.dailyguideposts.com

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

If the birds be silent, expect thunder

54 DAYS UNTIL AUTUMN!

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

May there be a miracle in YOUR life today and may you have the EYES to SEE it!

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

 MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

 To see archived ‘On the Bright Side’ Newsletters click on the link below:

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/ONTHEBRIGHTSIDE/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: