Sunday, July 22, 2007

FOR MONDAY, JULY 23RD, 2007

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

JULY 23RD, 2007

TODAY'S THOUGHT

Words are mere bubbles of water, but deeds are drops of gold.

Chinese Proverb

TODAY’S ACTION

 Learn how to separate the majors and the minors. A lot of people don't do well simply because they major in minor things.

TODAY’S QUOTE

A torn jacket is soon mended, but hard words bruise the heart of a child.

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

HAPPY MONDAY!

It’s back to work once again.

It should be a pretty quiet week here. The few things I’ve got on the calendar are Tuesday - taking some things of my Dad’s to the local chapter of the DAV that he belonged to.

Thursday - taking a long lunch hour as I’ve got a dentist appointment .

That is it besides work until the weekend, then I’ve got the shower to attend for DN#3’s bride to be. That will be a happy occasion.

It was a really nice weekend here and I got my weekly dose of R&R yesterday, so I should be in great shape for another work week.

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

25 WORDS

God, I thank You for today, for the ways You will bless me, and for the ways that I will serve others in Your name

TODAY IS…MAPLE SYRUP DAY

Making maple syrup is the oldest agricultural enterprise in the U.S. A maple tree needs to be about 45 years old and 12 inches in diameter before it is tapped. A single tap will produce about 10 gallons of sap, and it takes 30-50 gallons of sap to make 1 gallon of maple syrup. Wow!

MAYPLE SYRUP COOKIES

3 cups oatmeal

1 cup raisins

1 cup sesame seeds

1 cup pure maple syrup

1 cup peanut butter

1 tablespoon vanilla

1. Put the peanut butter and maple syrup in a small sauce pan. Cook over low heat and stir until mixed. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla. 2. Dump the oatmeal, raisins and sesame seeds into a mixing bowl. Add the liquid mixture from your saucepan. Stir until well combined. 3. Form into cookies using your hands. Make balls or flatten them out. Place cookies on waxed paper until they are dry enough to hold together

(NO BAKE COOKIES ARE GREAT FOR THE SUMMER TIME)

TODAY’S TRIVIA

Today is Hot Enough for Ya' Day Today it's okay to ask it if you can't think of anything else to say.

Today is Remember to Feed the Hummingbirds Day.

Today is Gorgeous Grandma Day, a time to empower women to age with style

Today is I Forgot Day, a day to make up for all the birthdays, anniversaries, and graduations you forgot during the first half of the year

Today is Be Nice to People You Don't Like Day

Today is National Baked Bananas Day.

1715 - The first lighthouse in America was authorized for construction at Little Brewster Island, Massachusetts

1904: By some accounts, the ice cream cone was invented by Charles E. Menches during the Louisiana Purchase Exposition St. Louis.

1950: "The Gene Autry Show" debuted on CBS-TV. Gene and sidekick Pat Buttram brought the bad guys to justice for six years.

1966 - Frank Sinatra hit the top of the pop album chart with his Strangers in the Night

1982: The Coca-Cola company introduced Diet Coke

2000 - Tiger Woods won the British Open at St. Andrews, Scotland to become the youngest player (24 years of age) to win the career ‘Grand Slam’ of golf (The Masters, PGA Championship, U.S. Open and British Open) and the first to win all four majors since Jack Nicklaus’ victory in the 1966.

 TODAY’S SMILE

Like most people these days I seem to have more and more to do. Everyday there seems to be one hundred and one things that need done right away. As much as I try to simplify my life I always end up spending my time taking care of the daily details of living.

That is why I try to keep a little reminder taped to the window of my mind. This reminder tells me of the only two things that I really need to do each day.

It is just four words long so that I won't forget it. It says, "Relax and chooseJoy." Now I still do all the daily errands that life demands. I still drive the kids to school and pick them up again. I still run to the store and get the groceries. I still do the dishes, feed the pets, and clean the house. I still do my work and pay my bills. Only now I do them happily and in a spirit of love and joy.

I don't feel rushed or stressed or worried anymore. I don't feel upset or bad if something doesn't get done. I don't feel like a failure because I haven't been the perfect husband or dad.

My little reminder has helped me to live a busy life with a peaceful heart. It has kept my thoughts and feelings focused on what is really important in this life. It has allowed me to "relax and choose joy" as I go about doing the one hundred and one things that need done each day.

I know now that no matter how busy I may get if I only relax and choose joy and love that things will work out as they should.

When the daily details of life start to get to you then remember that God loves you and wants you to be happy. Remember that you need only to "relax and choose joy" to make your busy life beautiful and wonderful again.

Joseph J. Mazzella

TODAY’S WORD

panoptic \pan-OP-tik\ adjective : 

being or presenting a comprehensive or panoramic view At the top of the mountain is a sightseeing point that provides climbers with a panoptic view of the surrounding valleys.

TODAY’S REFLECTION

The LORD appeared to Abraham by the terebinth of Mamre, as he sat in the entrance of his tent, while the day was growing hot. Looking up, Abraham saw three men standing nearby. When he saw them, he ran from the entrance of the tent to greet them; and bowing to the ground, he said: “Sir, if I may ask you this favor, please do not go on past your servant. Let some water be brought, that you may bathe your feet, and then rest yourselves under the tree.Now that you have come this close to your servant, let me bring you a little food, that you may refresh yourselves; and afterward you may go on your way.” The men replied, “Very well, do as you have said.

Genisis 18: 1-10

"Come on in." This is what we typically say when someone we know—like a good friend, a family member, or a trusted neighbor—comes to visit. If it were a stranger at our door, however, we might not be so eager to welcome him or her into our home.

The rules of hospitality are different in these situations, and we feel the need to test this unknown person How times have changed!

In today’s first reading, three strangers arrived at Abraham’s tent, and Abraham was immediately moved to welcome them, give them rest, and offer them a feast Practice hospitality in the natural sense. But be sure to practice spiritual hospitality as well.

Create a place in your heart for Jesus. Feed him with words of worship. Refresh him with your obedience. Let the Son of Man find a resting place in your heart (Matthew 8:20)

The Word Among Us

http://www.wau.org/meditations

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

To season a cast-iron pot, boil potato peelings in it for one hour

61 DAYS UNTIL AUTUMN!

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

 Psalm 37:4

May there be a miracle in YOUR life today and may you have the EYES to SEE it!

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’ www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

To see archived ‘On the Bright Side’ Newsletters click on the link below:

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/ONTHEBRIGHTSIDE/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: