Wednesday, September 17, 2008

FOR WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 17TH, 2008

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

SEPTEMBER 17TH, 2008

TODAY'S THOUGHT

Abraham Lincoln was once talking with a woman about how the North must treat the South. She disagreed with him, and said that she felt that we must destroy our enemies. Lincoln replied, "What, madam? Do I not destroy them when I make them my friends?

TODAY’S ACTION

Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey.

Babs Hoffman

TODAY’S QUOTE

Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer.

Author Unknown

HAPPY WEDNESDAY !!

AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DDIL#4 (16TH – OPPS!)

AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR ‘LITTLE RAY’ OF SUNSHINE’ BOY (17TH)

May the dear Lord bless you both always !

I forgot to get in the birthday greeting yesterday for DDIL#4 and feel so bad so it’s a belated one today. Our ‘Little Ray’ is actually celebrating his birthday today so I got that one right. DS#4 got back home Tuesday in time to celebrate the birthdays. I told him that I’m bad and it will probably get worse not better from here on out.

The sun came back out yesterday and although they said it was only a high of 68 degrees it felt warmer than that. I wore long pants to work for the first time in a long while and felt way too warm in them. Today is supposed to be a beautiful sunny 77 degrees, I’ll be back to wearing my lightweight summer clothing for sure.

I called the roofer to come to repair our missing shingles and he’ll be out today or tomorrow to replace them. He said he has a gauge that measures the wind and it said we had 90 miles an hour winds. That is pretty darn close to having a hurricane right here in Ohio.

Work was uneventful for the most part and today will be even quieter as the work load is dwindling down for the week. Tomorrow is the last day of the work week and that is a very good thing. Friday is a vacation day.

I still don’t know about the power at the camper, DS#1 says the electric company is saying only 80% of the people will have power restored by Friday evening. That area was hit really hard. He and his family went to the campground Tuesday and he said it looked like a tornado had gone through with leaves and branches every where.

All of the perishable food I had in the fridge had to be thrown out. I had propane in the tank for the fridge, but my battery was dead. No one told me to check the battery. Thankfully our campers were not damaged. I may or may not be camping this weekend. Probably not.

DS#5 says the Apple Festival will be going on this weekend so if worse comes to worse I can always go to that. He’ll be there doing his caricature sketches.

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

TODAY’S PRAYERS

DDIL#6’s Mom has requested continued prayers for her uncle. They have been trying to slowly bring him out of the induced coma and get him breathing on his own again. Still having many difficulties and a long way to go.

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

25 WORDS

God, I thank You for today, for the ways You will bless me, and for the ways that I will serve others in Your name

TO REMEMBER…

I am in the hands of God, and in God’s time all things will be made well.

TODAY IS…CONSTITUTION DAY

1787 Constitution Facts:

The average age of the signers was 44. Benjamin Franklin, 81, was the oldest. Jonathan Dayton, 26, was the youngest.

It took 100 working days to compose.

Jacob Shallus was paid $30 to write it out.

The 4 pages measure 29 7/8"x24 7/16". It has 1,458 words.

The U.S. Constitution -- ratified on this date -- contained the following code under Article 6, Section 3: 'No religious tests shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States

TODAY’S TRIVIA

Today is M*A*S*H Day, marking the TV shows premier on this date in 1972. It lasted 11 years

Today is Citizenship Day, begun in 1787, and the beginning of Constitution Week

Today is National Apple Dumpling Day

Jewish Yom Kippur-Day of Atonement

1776 Along the western coast of North America, a party of 247 Spanish colonists consecrated their newly-founded mission, known as San Francisco

1787 - The Constitution of the United States of America was signed by delegates from twelve states at the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia, PA. The U.S. Constitution is the world’s oldest working Constitution

1873 19 students attend opening class at Ohio State University

1920 - The National Football League was formed -- in Canton, Ohio. Canton is now the home of the Pro Football Hall of Fame

TODAY’S SMILE

A young private sought permission from his Commanding Officer to leave camp the following weekend. "You see," he explained, "my wife`s expecting." "Oh..." said the Officer, "I understand. Go ahead and tell your wife that I wish her luck."

The following week the same soldier was back again with the same explanation: "My wife's expecting." The Officer looked surprised. "Still expecting?" he said, "Well, well, my boy, you must be pretty bothered. Of course you can have the weekend off."

When the same soldier appeared again the third week, however, the Officer lost his temper. "Don't tell me your wife is still expecting!" he bellowed. "Yes sir!" said the soldier resolutely, "She’s still expecting."

"What on earth is she expecting?" cried the Officer. "Me," said the soldier simply.

ONE MORE…

A youngster asked his father, "Dad, do all fairy tales start with, ‘Once upon a time?’ The father replied, "No, son, some of them start with, ‘When I am elected…’"

TODAY’S WORD

disconcert \dis-kuhn-SURT\, transitive verb:

1. To disturb the composure of.

2. To throw into disorder or confusion; as, "the emperor disconcerted the plans of his enemy."

Disconcert is derived from Old French desconcerter, from des-, "dis-" + concerter, from Old Italian concertare, to act together, to agree

TODAY’S REFLECTION

By the power at work within us God is able to accomplish abundantly far more than all we can ask or imagine.

Ephesians 3:20

…I wondered how many times I have made a decision based on what I could see without asking God to reveal the bigger picture. I thought of the times God seemed not to answer a prayer or to be responding differently than seemed logical to me.

God sees the whole picture, and acts in my life based on a higher view than mine. I have learned not to make decisions on my limited view but to trust God, who looks beyond what we can see. When we ask, God will give us the wisdom we need

The Upper Room Daily Devotional

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

Wisdom is off times nearer when we stoop than when we soar

5 DAYS UNTIL FALL !

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

May there be a miracle in YOUR life today and may you have the EYES to SEE it!

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’ www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

To see archived ‘On the Bright Side’ Newsletters click on the link below: http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/ONTHEBRIGHTSIDE/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6 http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

No comments: