Friday, September 26, 2008

FOR FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 26, 2008

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

SEPTEMBER 26TH, 2008

TODAY'S THOUGHT

The practice of forgiveness is our most important contribution to the healing of the world.

Marianne Williamson

TODAY’S ACTION

Forgive yourself when you fail

TODAY’S QUOTE

Sooner or later we must realize there is no station, no one place to arrive at once and for all. The true joy of life is the trip.

Robert J. Hastings

HAPPY FINALLY FRIDAY !!

The weekend has finally come and I can once again go camping! The power is restored and thanks to DD and her hubby most of the mess from last weeks storm is all cleaned up too.

I’m ready for a couple of days of relaxation for sure. It was good that I got a lot done here at home last weekend, but this weekend will be better for me for sure. At the end of a long work week, the one thing I don’t want to do is work some more.

I really am getting used to this lifestyle and hate to think what will happen when the end of October comes. I’m just so thankful I’ve been so blessed by being able to have this summer at the campground. It’s by far the best I’ve had in a long long time.

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

TODAY’S PRAYERS

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

GOD BLESS YOU!

25 WORDS

God, I thank You for today, for the ways You will bless me, and for the ways that I will serve others in Your name

TO REMEMBER…

I am in the hands of God, and in God’s time all things will be made well.

TODAY IS…ACORN SQUASH DAY

Now, who thought of the name "squash"? It sounds like what happens when you step on a bug. But, even with that name, acorn squash is a delicious, sweet vegetable. It's also called winter squash - not because it grows in the winter, but because it lasts all winter if it's stored in a cool, dry place. This is because the skin is so much thicker than a summer squash like zucchini

STUFFED ACORN SQUASH

2 acorn squash (1 to 1 1/2 lbs each)

1 large, tart red apple, diced

2 tablespoons chopped nuts

2 tablespoons packed brown sugar

1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted

1. Heat over to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

2. Cut each squash in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds and fibers. Place the squash with the cut side up in an ungreased pan. Bake for 30 minutes.

3. In a small mixing bowl, combine the apple, nuts, brown sugar and melted butter. Spoon this mixture into the squash halves. 4. Return the squash to the over and continue baking for 30 minutes longer - or until the squash is tender

TODAY’S TRIVIA

Today is "Brady Bunch" Day, marking the show’s TV debut on this date in 1969

Today is Gilligan's Day. "Gilligan's Island" premiered on this date in 1964. The series starred Bob Denver

Shamu was born this day in 1985 in Orlando, Florida. She was the first killer whale to be born in captivity and survive. Her place of birth was Sea World.

1774 Birth of pioneer environmentalist Jonathan Chapman (Johnny Appleseed). Distributing apple seeds and religious tracts from the Alleghenies to the Ohio Valley

1892 - The ‘March King’ was introduced to the general public. John Philip Sousa and his band played the Liberty Bell March in Plainfield, New Jersey

1914 Federal Trade Commission formed to regulate interstate commerce 1956: It was Elvis Presley Day in his hometown of Tupelo, Mississippi

1962: "The Beverly Hillbillies" debuted on CBS-TV, starring Buddy Ebsen

TODAY’S SMILE

THE BLUE ROSE

Why do I always have to be the one that starts to do laundry and there's no detergent? I guess it was time for me to do my 'Dollar Store' run, which included light bulbs, paper towels, trash bags and Clorox. So off I go.

I scurried around the store, gathered up my goodies, and headed for the checkout counter only to be blocked in the narrow aisle by a young man that appeared to be about sixteen-years- old. I wasn't in a hurry, so I patiently waited for the boy to realize that I was there..

This was when he waved his hands excitedly in the air and declared in a loud voice, 'Mommy, I'm over here.' It was obvious now, he was mentally challenged, and Also startled as he turned and saw me standing so Close to him, waiting to squeeze by.

His eyes Widened and surprise exploded on his face as I said, 'Hey Buddy, what's your name?' 'My name is Denny and I'm shopping with my mother,' he responded proudly. 'Wow,' I said, 'that's a cool name; I wish my name was Denny, but my name is Hal.' 'Hal like Halloween?' he asked. 'Yes,' I answered.

'How old are you Denny? 'How old am I now Mommy?' he asked his mother as she slowly came over from the next aisle. 'You're fifteen-years-old Denny; now be a good boy and let the man pass by.' I acknowledged her and continued to talk to Denny for several more minutes about summer, bicycles and school.

I watched his brown eyes dance with excitement because he was the center of someone's attention. He then abruptly turned and headed toward the toy section. Denny's mom had a puzzled look on her face and thanked me for taking the time to talk with her son. She told me that most people wouldn't even look at him, much less talk to him...

I told her that it was my pleasure and then I said something I have no idea where it came from, other than by the prompting of the Holy Spirit. I told her that there are plenty of red, yellow and pink roses in God's garden, however, 'Blue Roses' are very rare and should be appreciated for their beauty and distinctiveness. You see, Denny is a 'Blue Rose' and if someone doesn't stop and smell that rose with their heart and touch that rose with their kindness, then they've missed a blessing from God.

She was silent for a second, then with a tear in her eye she asked, 'Who are you?' Without thinking I said, 'Oh, I'm probably just a 'daffodil or maybe even a dandelion,' but I sure love living in God's garden.

Author Unknown

YOU ARE UNIQUE

When will we teach our children in school what they are? We should say to each of them: Do you know what you are? You are marvel. You are unique. In all of the world there is no other child exactly like you. In the millions of years that have passed there has never been another child like you.

And look at your body - what a wonder it is! Your legs, your arms, your cunning fingers, the way you move! You may become a Shakespeare, a Michelangelo, a Beethoven. You have the capacity for anything. Yes, you are a marvel. And when you grow up, can you then harm another who is, like you a marvel?

Pablo Casals

TODAY’S WORD

edify \ED-uh-fy\, transitive verb:

To instruct and improve, especially in moral and religious knowledge; to teach. --edifying, adjective Edify is from Old French edifier, from Latin edifico, edificare, to build

TODAY’S REFLECTION

There is an appointed time for everything, and a time for every thing under the heavens.

A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to uproot the plant.

A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to tear down, and a time to build.

A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance.

A time to scatter stones, and a time to gather them; a time to embrace, and a time to be far from embraces.

A time to seek, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away.

A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to be silent, and a time to speak.

A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-11

The book of Ecclesiastes sings a reminder that there is a time for everything both positive and negative, both joyful and sad. There is a time to seek and a time to lose, a time to weep and a time to laugh.

We are reminded by the gospel that, even as the disciples recognised the presence of the Messiah, Jesus was firm with them that they must allow first for the time of great suffering which Jesus was to endure. We can all want to rush ahead into the joy of what is to come, to jump over times of hardship and pain when we experience them, without awareness of God’s grace in all things and in all seasons

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

A near neighbor is better than a far-dwelling kinsman

86 DAYS UNTIL WINTER !

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

May there be a miracle in YOUR life today and may you have the EYES to SEE it!

I Love You All !!! Be Blessed !!!

MA

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’ http://www.bigmarainey.com/

MY JOURNALS http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

To see archived ‘On the Bright Side’ Newsletters click on the link below: http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/ONTHEBRIGHTSIDE/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6 http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

No comments: