Tuesday, September 16, 2008

FOR TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 16TH, 2008

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

SEPTEMBER 16TH, 2008

TODAY'S THOUGHT

Flatter me, and I may not believe you.

Criticize me, and I may not like you.

Ignore me, and I may not forgive you.

Encourage me, and I will not forget you.

By William Arthur Ward

TODAY’S ACTION

Pray for someone that you don't know

TODAY’S QUOTE

I believe humans get a lot done, not because we're smart, but because we have thumbs so we can make coffee.

Flash Rosenberg

HAPPY TUESDAY !!

As it was still daylight when I got home from work yesterday, I was able to see that we lost a few shingles on the driveway side of the house from the storm that came through on Sunday evening. We have replaced so many shingles over the years all of our shingles should be like brand new.

Many people in our area were with out power and some won’t have it back on again for a few days. That would be very difficult to say the least. I can only imagine what it must be like for all those in Texas. Please join me in praying for all of them.

DS#1 called to say that a huge tree took out the power at the campground so DDIL #1 may make a run to get our food out of the freezers there. They may not have power restored there for awhile so I may or may not be camping this weekend. I may have to do something else with my vacation day on Friday. We’ll see…

DS#3 says he was told to stay home and work Monday as his place of business didn’t have power and DS#6 called to say they had some rain and that was it for them. DS#4 leaves Ohio tomorrow and goes home. It hasn’t been very pleasant weather for him during his stay. He says he is going to be doing a lot more traveling for work so we’ll be praying for his safe travels.

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

TODAY’S PRAYERS

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

GOD BLESS YOU!

25 WORDS

God, I thank You for today, for the ways You will bless me, and for the ways that I will serve others in Your name

TO REMEMBER…

I am in the hands of God, and in God’s time all things will be made well.

TODAY IS…EL GRITO DAY

The celebration begins at 11PM on the 15th and continues through the 16th. "El Grito" (Cry For Freedom) are the words Father Hidalgo said on the night that Mexico began its rebellion and gained independence from Spain in 1810.

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY MEXICO!

TODAY’S TRIVIA

Today is Cherokee Strip Day in Oklahoma, marking the great run for Oklahoma land on this date in 1893. Those who cheated and left the day before were called Sooners

Today is Stop the World Day, a day to pause, calm down, be nice, and plant a seed

Wile E. Coyote and The Roadrunner debuted in movie theaters on this date in 1949

Today is National Cinnamon Raisin Bread Day

1908 - General Motors was founded on this day. The man responsible for the beginning of the huge auto-manufacturing company (maker of Cadillac, Buick, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Chevrolet) was William Crapo ‘Billy’ Durant

1953: The Robe, the first movie filmed in the widescreen process CinemaScope, had its premiered at the Roxy Theater in New York

1955: American children were introduced to Play-Doh

1988: Bobby McFerrin's Don't Worry, Be Happy became the first a cappella record to reach #1 on U.S. rock music charts

TODAY’S SMILE

I Am a 'Kept' Woman?

You see, there were a few times when I thought I would lose my mind, But GOD kept me sane. (Is. 26:3)

There were times when I thought I could go no longer, But the LORD kept me moving. (Gen 28:15)

At times, I've wanted to lash out at those whom I felt had done me wrong, But the LORD kept my mouth shut. (Psa. 13)

Sometimes, I think the money just isn't enough, But GOD has helped me to keep the lights on, the water on, the car paid, the house paid, etc.., (Matt. 6:25 -34)

When I thought I would fall, HE kept me up. When I thought I was weak,

HE kept me strong! (I Pet. 5:7, Matt. 11:28-30)

I could go on and on and on, but I'm sure you hear me! I'm blessed to be 'kept.'

Are you...or do you know a 'kept' woman ? If so pass it on to her to let them know they are 'Kept'

I'm Kept by the Love and Grace of God!

TODAY’S LINK FEEL A TOUCH OF AUTUMN

http://www.inspiringthots.net/movie/touch-autumn.php

TODAY’S WORD

suffuse \suh-FYOOZ\, transitive verb:

To spread through or over in the manner of fluid or light; to flush

Suffuse comes from the past participle of Latin suffundere, "to overspread; to suffuse," from sub-, "under" + fundere, to pour

TODAY’S REFLECTION

Jesus taught, "In gathering the weeds you would uproot the wheat along with them. Let both of them grow together until the harvest."

Matthew 13:29-30

Christians are called to be different from non-believers. As followers of Christ we are meant to talk differently and behave differently. However, we must not judge, criticize, and condemn others; God is at work in their lives, too, and we cannot know what they may grow to be.

Let us obey and trust that God will bring about a good harvest.

Weed pulling is God's job, not ours

The Upper Room Daily Devotional

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

A round-topped cloud with flattened base, carries rainfall in its face

6 DAYS UNTIL FALL !

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

May there be a miracle in YOUR life today and may you have the EYES to SEE it!

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

To see archived ‘On the Bright Side’ Newsletters click on the link below: http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/ONTHEBRIGHTSIDE/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6 http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

No comments: