Saturday, September 9, 2006

FOR SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 10, 2006

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

SEPTEMBER 10TH, 2006

TODAY'S THOUGHT

In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.

Albert Schweitzer

TODAY’S ACTION

Today the most memorable happening will be the one in which you helped someone else.

TODAY’S QUOTE

Kind words are jewels that live in the heart and soul and remain as blessed memories years after they have been spoken.’

Marvea Johnson

HAPPY SUNDAY!

And HAPPY GRANDPARENTS DAY !

I’m off to church today to get my weekly dose of R&R. I hope that you too are blessing your ‘spirit’ is some way today ! Don’t we all need it !

The week ahead brings two celebrations in our family # 1 is the anniversary of DS#1 and his wife And #2 My Dad will celebrate 83 years of blessings ! I’ll be able to celebrate with my Dad, thank the good Lord!

On the days that I feel old and creaky I always remember what my Mom used to say…If you think you feel bad now, just wait til you get to be my age !

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders. Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

GOD BLESS YOU !

TODAY IS…BATTLE OF BRITAIN DAY

The Battle of Britain was the biggest Air Battle ever fought in the history of warfare. From July through November of 1940, the Royal Air Force fought against the German Luftwaffe. These determined flyers kept Britain from being invaded. They also gave Hitler's Germany its first major defeat of WW2. They later became immortalised as "Churchill's Few" or "Dowdings Chicks" and continue to be celebrated today.

TODAY’S TRIVIA

 National Grandparents Day - Celebrated on the Sunday after Labor Day. This day is set aside to show appreciation for our grandparents. The day was founded in 1973. Take time this day to update the family photo album and family tree.

1224: The Franciscans (founded in 1209 by St. Francis of Assisi) first arrived in England. They were originally called "Grey Friars" because of their gray habits. (The habit worn by modern Franciscans is brown.)

1794: America's first non-denominational college, Blount College (later the University of Tennessee), was chartered.

1913: Lincoln Highway opens as 1st paved coast-to-coast highway. It is old US 30 now.

1953: Swanson sells it's first "TV Dinner".

TODAY’S SMILE

Start your day off with a great big smile because every day should be a GREAT DAY.

A FEW GRANDPARENT JOKES TODAY

My granddaughter came to spend a few weeks with me, and I decided to teach her to sew. After I had gone through a lengthy explanation of how to thread the machine, she stepped back, put her hands on her hips, and said in disbelief, "You mean you can doall that, but you can't operate my Game Boy?"

 

Two little boys were visiting their grandfather and he took them to a restaurant for lunch. They couldn't make up their minds about what they wanted to eat. Finally the grandfather grinned at the server and said, "Just bring them bread and water." One of the little boys looked up and quavered, "Can I have ketchup on it?"

 

My grandson was visiting one day when he asked, "Granma, do you know how you and God are alike?" I mentally polished my halo while I asked, "No, how are we alike?"

"You're both old," he replied.

 

Did You Know? The impetus for a National Grandparents Day originated with Marian McQuade, a housewife in Fayette County, West Virginia. Her primary motivation was to champion the cause of lonely elderly in nursing homes. She also hoped to persuade grandchildren to tap the wisdom and heritage their grandparents could provide. President Jimmy Carter in 1978, proclaimed that National Grandparents Day would be celebrated every year on the first Sunday after Labor Day."

TODAY’S LINK

World Trade Center (Light a Candle)

http://www.worldtradecenter.com/

Just click on the candles floating on the water to see the messages .

TODAY’S WORD

qui·es·cent adjective

Being quiet, still, or at rest; inactive.

Synonym latent.

TODAY’S REFLECTION

Psalm 103:17-18 

 But the love of the LORD remains forever with those who fear him. His salvation extends to the children's children of those who are faithful to his covenant, of those who obey his commandments!

As a little girl, my favorite times were those moments spent sitting at the feet of my grandmother as she rocked in her favorite chair. I loved looking up at her as she looked down at me with that special smile and those twinkling eyes.

Grandma's treasures may not have meant much to anyone else, but to me, they were precious gems of love and hope that she entrusted to me.

I often think about the treasures I'm passing on to my grandchildren. How will God use my life to bless theirs? Will they find hope and assurance in the ways God has carried me through the good times and the painful times in my life?

Perhaps this treasure chest of stories, of memories, of faith is one of the greatest gifts we will ever give our grandchildren.

 Psalm 78: 1ff.

"O my people, hear my teaching; Listen to the words of my mouth. I will open my mouth in parables, I will utter hidden things, things from Of old— What we have heard and known, What our fathers have told us. We will not hide them from their Children; We will tell the next generation The praiseworthy deeds of the Lord, His power, and the wonders he has done

From Christianity Today

http://www.christianitytoday.com

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

Threading a sewing machine needle can be something of a challenge. To make the task less daunting, hold a small piece of white paper behind the needle and you'll see the needle's eye more easily.

12 DAYS UNTIL AUTUMN

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your journal is so well put together its like a college theses, except on things that really matter. I love your writtings and Bible verses. Maybe we can exchange some advice with our jounals. Visit mine at
http://journals.aol.com/cgferrer71/christineg34/
God Bless ,Christine