Tuesday, September 26, 2006

FOR WEDNESDAY , SEPTEMBER 27, 2006

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

SEPTEMBER 27TH, 2006

TODAY'S THOUGHT

I expect to pass through this life but once. Therefore, if there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do for another human being, let me do it now, for I shall not pass this way again.

William Penn

TODAY’S ACTION

Have the faith to move mountains.

TODAY’S QUOTE

It's so hard when I have to, and so easy when I want to.

Annie Gottlier

HAPPY WEDNESDAY

Over the Hump Day ! Our weather is supposed to be a little warmer today – about 75 degrees. That is what I call perfect !

DD is supposed to come over tonight after work so that I can help hem her new uniform. She’s going back to school to learn how to be a Dental Technician, so she will have to wear scrubs, just like you see in doctor’s offices or at the hospital. She is short like I am and everything is always too long.

Other than that all is very quiet here, I do love ‘ordinary’ days.

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior

GOD BLESS YOU !

TODAY IS…ANSWERING MACHINE DAY

According to a marketing research company, over 2/3 of American homes now have answering machines. Since this is their day, don't be surprised if you hear this message...

"After working 24/7, I am taking the day off. I have made a deal with the refrigerator to take your calls and stick your messages on its side with one of those little magnets. Be back tomorrow. Love, Your Answering Machine"

TODAY’S TRIVIA

Saint Vincent de Paul Feast Day - Co-founder of the Sisters of Charity, the patron saint of charitable organizations and charitable giving.

Today is National Chocolate Milk Day.

1938 - Thanks for the Memory was heard for the first time on The Bob Hope Show -- on the NBC Red radio network. Who was the bandleader? If you said Les Brown, you’d be ... wrong. It was Skinnay Ennis

 1954: "Tonight!" hosted by Steve Allen, made its debut on NBC TV.

TODAY’S SMILE

FOOT IN MOUTH DISEASE

Having survived my first driving lesson, I emerged from the car to come face to face with a woman standing on the pavement. "A bit nerve-wracking was it?" she asked. "More than that," I laughed, "My instructor has a foul body odor and has a bit of a wind problem. No way do I want a lesson from him again."

"I know the feeling," said the woman coolly. "I've been married to him for 20 years.

ROUGH FLIGHT

The pastor of our church began his sermon with this story: "I was on a plane last week, from Chicago to California, when we ran into some very severe turbulence. As it got worse, the passengers became more and more alarmed, and even the flight attendants began to look concerned. Finally, one of them noticed that I had 'Rev.' in front of my name on the passenger list, came over to me, and said, 'Sir, this is really frightening. Do you suppose you could, I don't know...do something religious?'"

"So I took up a collection."

TODAY’S WORD

in·ter·mi·na·ble adjective

1. Being or seeming to be without an end; endless.

Synonyms continual.

2. Tiresomely long; wearisome.

TODAY’S REFLECTION

I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief.

Mark 9:24

A man came to Jesus asking if he could heal the man's son. "'If you can'? said Jesus 'Everything is possible for him who believes'" (vs. 23).

Today's scripture is the man's answer. It is an answer we could all give to our Savior right now. We allow our doubts and fears to overcome faith.

Four things a man must learn to do If he would make his record true;

To think without confusion clearly;

To love his fellow-men sincerely;

To act from honest motives purely;

To trust in God and Heaven securely.

Henry Van Dyke

http://www.dailyguideposts.com/

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

HINTS OF HONEY

Winnie-the-Pooh ate his peas with honey. According to folklore, honey is a remedy for arthritis, asthma, bed-wetting, coughs, sore throats, and weight control. The nutritional powers of honey are well documented (although it should not be fed to children under the age of one).

Dreaming about bees may signify riches or success in business, probably as a result of being "as busy as a bee" in profitable undertakings. "Diligence, hard work, eloquence, and wisdom are the bee's domain."

HONEY COOKIES

 1/2 cup butter

3/4 cup honey

1 egg, beaten

2 tablespoons milk

2 cups flour

1/2 teaspoon salt

2 teaspoons baking powder

Preheat the oven to 350°F.

Cream the butter, and add the honey and beaten egg. Beat until fluffy, then beat in the milk. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt, and baking powder. Combine the dry ingredients with the creamed mixture. Drop by teaspoons onto a greased baking sheet. Bake until lightly browned, about 12 to 15 minutes. Makes 4 dozen cookies.

85 DAYS UNTIL WINTER !

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

 Psalm 37:4

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

 BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: