Monday, November 7, 2005

FOR TUESDAY , NOVEMBER 8TH, 2005

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

NOVEMBER 8th, 2005

TODAY'S THOUGHT

Prayer does not change God,

 but changes him who prays

Soren Kierkegaard

TODAY'S ACTION

Rely on your faith during challenging times; be strong and courageous

TODAY'S QUOTE

Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in.

Aim at earth and you will get neither

C.S Lewis

 HAPPY TUESDAY !

Today is my make over day! Surprise! After work this evening I’m going to get a hair cut and a perm! A new look for me. I can’t remember when I had a perm last, but I’m tired of my old look and decided to do something new. I’ll try and have pictures for you all – just so you recognize me the next time you see me. HaHa!!!

The nights have been chilly but the days in the mid 50’s. It’s really nice for this time of year. On my way to work Monday morning, I could see the change of color in the horizon. Now the colors are not bright orange and yellow, but brown and deep red with a lot of bare trees too !

I’ve got to leave for work a few minutes early this morning so I can vote. And today I’ve got payroll to do at work, one day early this week, because on Friday, Veterans Day, the banks are closed! Busy, busy day ahead!

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way!

TODAY IS...HARVEY WALLBANGER DAY

ApparentlyHarvey was a surfer with a passion for Galliano and walking into walls. You can drink it (only if you're over 21)

 6 ozs. of orange juice

1 oz. of vodka Stir with ice

Splash in 1/2 oz. of Galliano liqueur

Or eat it - no matter how old you are

HARVEY WALLBANGER CAKE

1 pkg Orange Cake Mix

1 pkg vanilla instant pudding (3.75 oz)

1/2 cup oil

4 oz water

4 eggs

4 oz frozen orange juice, thawed, undiluted

3 oz Galliano

1 oz vodka

Glaze:

1 Tbsp orange juice (undiluted)

1 Tbsp vodka

1-1/2 Tbsp Galliano

1 cup confectioner's sugar

Blend all ingredients in large bowl; beat 5 min. Pour into greased and floured 10" tube pan. Bake @ 350 deg for 45-55 min. Cool in pan about 15 min. Remove cake from pan and place on serving dish. Prepare the glaze topping by combining Powdered Sugar, Orange Juice and Galliano; mixing well. Prick cake in several locations and pour glaze over cake

And today is… Election Day

By an act of Congress in 1845, the first Tuesday following the first Monday in November was designated Election Day for future presidential elections. The first such election took place on November 7, 1848. Whig Party candidate Zachary Taylor won out over Democrat Lewis Cass and Free-Soil candidate (and former president) Martin Van Buren. Millard Fillmore was Taylor's running mate, and became the nation's 13th president on July 10, 1850, upon Taylor's untimely death.

TODAY'S TRIVIA

 Pursuit of Happiness Week begins today. The U.S. Constitution protects Americans' right to pursue happiness, a right endowed by their Creator

1864: As the Civil War raged, Abraham Lincoln was elected to his second term as president

1895 Wilhelm Rontgen discovers x-rays

1965 "Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives..." The voice of McDonald Carey introduced the popular soap opera, "Days of Our Lives" which debuted on NBC-TV

1984 Anna Fisher becomes the 1st "mom" to go into orbit

1990 100,000 additional US troops are sent to the Persian gulf

TODAY'S SMILE

Three short ones for today!

Here at First National, you're not just a number – you're two numbers, a dash, three more numbers, another dash, and another number

Unknown

Camping isn't what it used to be -

Honey, I'm going to go get some firewood, do you have change for a twenty

 

A teen-aged boy with spiked hair, nose ring and baggy clothes was overheard telling a friend –

I don't really like to dress like this, but it keeps my parents from dragging me everywhere with them.

And from the news…

Do you have one of those teeny tiny Blackberry mini-computers? Don't over-use it. Doctors say they're seeing more and more people with a painful condition they call "Blackberry Thumb."

Other technology related injuries include "iPod Pinkie Finger" and "Cell Phone Toe." "Cell Phone Toe???" Sure. If you're working on your Blackberry computer with one hand -- and you're searching for tunes on your iPod with your other hand -- you have to use your toe to dial your cell phone

TODAY'S WORD

con·voke transitive verb

To cause to assemble in a meeting; convene. Synonym call

TODAY'S REFLECTION

Lord, help me to control my tongue; help me to be careful about what I say. Take away my desire to do evil or to join others in doing wrong. Don't let me eat tasty food with those who do evil.

 Psalm 141:3-4

What was I thinking when I said that? I was feeling rotten. I was angry about a situation over which I had no control. I didn't control my tongue. I said something very nasty and hurt a co-worker. I guess I felt that since I was hurting, so should she I'm very sorry now. It's too late to take it back. The damage is done. There will be a long time of healing. Things will never be the same between us.

 LORD, forgive me. Help me to control my tongue. Help me to love and forgive. Lord heal the hurt that I have caused.

Take a tip from nature -- your ears aren't made to shut, but your mouth is!

Anonymous

TODAY'S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER'S ALMANAC

Keep spider plants, chrysanthemums, or golden pothos on your desk to reduce indoor pollutants

43 DAYS UNTIL WINTER

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

 Psalm 37:4

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

Ma

MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.nois.com/rainey/rainey.htm

 

No comments: