Wednesday, November 16, 2005

FOR THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 17, 2005

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

NOVEMBER 17th, 2005

TODAY'S THOUGHT

Remember that the happiest people are not those getting more, but those giving more.

H. Jackson Brown, Jr

TODAY'S ACTION

Be compassionate, be caring and loving

TODAY'S QUOTE

Cherish all your happy moments:

they make a fine cushion for old age

Christopher Morley

 

 HAPPY THANKFULLY THURSDAY !

Today I am really thankful that my furnace works and that my car heater works and that I have a good warm coat and gloves. We took a big dip in temps and it’s been very windy. And yes, I did see snow flakes for the first time on Wedneday!

I also got my flu shot on Wednesday. My darling 83 year old mum had called to remind me of the last flu shot clinic in our area, so at lunch time I went and got my shot.

 Keep warm all and be safe !

Have a great day ! Another wonderful one on the Way!

 TODAY IS...TAKE A HIKE DAY

Doctors say walking is the most important part of a healthy life!  Check out the Hiking and Walking Homepage

http://gorp.away.com/gorp/activity/hiking.htm

AND … Here’s another link you need to know about if you are hiking or just walking

http://www.aarpmagazine.org/health/shoe.html

TODAY'S TRIVIA

1800: Congress held its first session in Washington in the partially completed Capitol building

1869: The Suez Canal opened in Egypt, linking the Mediterranean and the Red seas

1934: Lyndon Baines Johnson married Claudia Alta Taylor, better known as Lady Bird

1962: Washington's Dulles International Airport was dedicated by President Kennedy

 TODAY'S SMILE

Max: God, I want to do great things.

God: You do?

Max: You bet! I want to teach millions! I want to fill the Rose Bowl! I want all of the world to know your saving power! I dream of the day....

God: That's great. Max. In fact, I can use you today after church.

 Max: Super! How about some radio and TV work or. . .or. . .or an engagement to speak to Congress?

God: Well, that's not exactly what I had in mind. See that fellow sitting next to you?

Max: Yes.

God: He needs a ride home.

Max (quietly): What?

God: He needs a ride home. And while you're at it, one of the older ladies sitting near you is worried about getting a refrigerator moved. Why don't you drop by this afternoon and....

Max (pleading): But, God, what about the world?

God (smiling): Think about it

by Max Lucado

TODAY'S WORD

an·tith·e·sis noun

1. Direct contrast; opposition. 2. The direct or exact opposite: Hope is the antithesis of despair. 3.a. A figure of speech in which sharply contrasting ideas are juxtaposed in a balanced or parallel phrase or grammatical structure, as in He for God only, she for God in him - John Milton

TODAY'S REFLECTION

Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom

Psalm 90:12

The sunset years may become clouded with bitterness or despair for some. To minimize this, we must make it our goal early in life to get the right focus.  It is our focus more than our feelings that determines the sort of people we are.

If our focus today, regardless of our feelings, is one of gratitude for Jesus and His gift of eternal life, we’ll grow sweeter as we grow older.

 TODAY'S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER'S ALMANAC

Where the sun enters, the doctor does not

 34 DAYS UNTIL WINTER

Delight yourself in the Lord and

 He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

 I Love You All !!!

 Be Blessed !!!

 Ma

MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

 http://onyama.blogspot.com/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.nois.com/rainey/rainey.htm

 

No comments: