Wednesday, July 16, 2008

FOR WEDNESDAY, JULY 16TH, 2008

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

JULY 16TH, 2008

TODAY'S THOUGHT

Since you cannot do good to all, you are to pay special regard to those who, by the accidents of time, or place, or circumstances, are brought into closer connection with you.

Saint Augustine of Hippo

TODAY’S ACTION

Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy.

Anne Frank

TODAY’S QUOTE

Happy laughter and family voices in the home will keep more kids off the streets at night than the strictest curfew.

Author Unknown

HAPPY WEDNESDAY !!

OVER THE HUMP DAY

I now have 2 traps setting by my back door steps. One is on either side and they are loaded with cocoa puffs. That is what the animal control guy says they like to eat. If nothing is caught in a week’s time we’ll assume the skunk has gone away and they’ll remove the traps. If we catch something they will come and take it away. Needless to say, I am now using the front door.

It has warmed up considerably and for the next 2 days we should be in the high 80’s. The weather picture of the sun has a cactus in it. Hot and dry I guess that means.

Tomorrow is the last day of work for me for this work week. I’ll be off on vacation at the camper Thursday night, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

 TODAY’S PRAYERS

 Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

GOD BLESS YOU !

25 WORDS

God, I thank You for today, for the ways You will bless me, and for the ways that I will serve others in Your name

TO REMEMBER…

I am in the hands of God, and in God’s time all things will be made well.

TODAY IS…FRESH SPINACH DAY

Spinach is an annual plant that is part of the goosefoot family. It was native to southwestern Asia, but moved into Europe by the 12th century. It didn't became cultivated worldwide until the 1920s when it was discovered to be so nutritious. It's fate was sealed in the 1930s when Popeye sang, "I'm strong to the finish cause I eat my spinach". It has been a popular vegetable ever since.

TODAY’S TRIVIA

1769: Spanish Franciscan missionary Father Junipero Serra founded the San Diego deAlcala mission in California -- the first permanent Spanish settlement on America's westcoast

1790 - The District of Columbia, or Washington, D.C., was established as the permanent seat of the United States Government

1926 - The first underwater color photographs appeared in National Geographic magazine. The pictures were taken near the Florida Keys

1957: Marine Major John Glenn set a transcontinental speed record when he flew a jet from California to New York in three hours, 23 minutes and eight seconds

1969: Apollo Eleven blasted off from Cape Kennedy on the first manned mission to the surface of the moon. The astronauts onboard were: Neil Armstrong, Edwin "Buzz" Aldrin and Michael Collins

TODAY’S SMILE

 I ran into a stranger as he passed by.

 "Oh, excuse me please" was my reply.

He said, "Please excuse me too;

I wasn't even watching for you."

We were very polite, this stranger and I.

We went on our way and we said good-bye.

But at home a different story is told,

How we treat our loved ones, young and old.

Later that day, cooking the evening meal,

My daughter stood beside me very still.

When I turned, I nearly knocked her down.

 "Move out of the way," I said with a frown.

She walked away, her little heart broken.

I didn't realize how harshly I'd spoken.

While I lay awake in bed,

God's still small voice came to me and said,

"While dealing with a stranger,

common courtesy you use,

 But the children you love, you seem to abuse.

Look on the kitchen floor,

 You'll find some flowers there by the door.

Those are the flowers she brought for you.

She picked them herself, pink, yellow and blue.

She stood quietly not to spoil the surprise,

And you never saw the tears in her eyes."

By this time, I felt very small

and now my tears began to fall.

I quietly went and knelt by her bed;

 "Wake up, little girl, wake up," I said.

 "Are these the flowers you picked for me?"

She smiled, "I found 'em, out by the tree.

I picked 'em because they're pretty like you.

I knew you'd like 'em, especially the blue."

 I said, "Daughter, I'm sorry for the way

I acted today; I shouldn't have yelled at you that way."

She said, "Oh, Mom, that's okay. I love you anyway."

I said, "Daughter, I love you too,

and I do like the flowers, especially the blue."

Author Unknown

TODAY’S WORD

respite \RES-pit\, noun:

1. A delay or postponement.

2. A temporary suspension of punishment; reprieve.

3. An interval of rest or relief.

transitive verb:

1. To grant a respite to.

2. To postpone; to delay.

Respite comes from Old French respit, from Latin respectus, "a refuge, a retreat," from respicere, "to look back," from re-, "back" + specere, to look at

TODAY’S REFLECTION

I praise you, O Lord; teach me your ways . . . I take pleasure in your laws; your commands I will not forget.

Psalm 119:12, 16

In terms of the spiritual life, we have a resource to serve as our guide, an instruction manual composed of 66 books, full of sage advice and wisdom for living according to God's will. The Bible is this instruction manual.

If we read it, study it, and apply its wisdom as a guide for living a God-centered life, we can bear the weight of what life brings. Not only that but, guided by the word of God, we can live victoriously.

In First John 5:13 we have the promise: "I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life" (NRSV). I believe eternal life begins right now, as we journey with God day by day here on earth

The Bible teaches us how to live life well.

http://www.upperroom.org

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

Burn a little sage over coals to repel mosquitoes

69 DAYS UNTIL FALL !

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

May there be a miracle in YOUR life today and may you have the EYES to SEE it!

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

 MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’ www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

To see archived ‘On the Bright Side’ Newsletters click on the link below: http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/ONTHEBRIGHTSIDE/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6 http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: