Thursday, July 31, 2008

FOR THURSDAY, JULY 31st, 2008

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

JULY 31st, 2008

TODAY'S THOUGHT

We may not be able to give much but we can always give the joy that springs in a heart that is in love with God.

Mother Teresa

TODAY’S ACTION

Let your heart inspire your life

TODAY’S QUOTE

All things are possible until they are proved impossible - and even the impossible may only be so, as of now.

Pearl S. Buck

HAPPY THURSDAY !!

LAST DAY OF JULY!

The temps have risen once more and we will be pretty hot through the weekend. It will be good to be at the campground cooling off in the pool for sure. I have Bible study this evening and hopefully I’ll get everything packed and ready to take off for the camper once more Friday after work.

Only DD and her hubby will be there this weekend as DS#1 and family are going to his wife’s grandfather’s birthday party.

It should be another quiet day at work.

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

TODAY’S PRAYERS

 Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

GOD BLESS YOU !

25 WORDS

God, I thank You for today, for the ways You will bless me, and for the ways that I will serve others in Your name

TO REMEMBER…

I am in the hands of God, and in God’s time all things will be made well.

TODAY IS…COTTON CANDY DAY

Cotton candy is nothing but sugar, air and a little food coloring! And there is no way to make it without special equipment. You have to melt the sugar and spin it through small holes to make threads. The air cools the threads so they form a fluffy web that sticks to a paper cone. And why does it melt in your mouth? If you mix cotton candy with water, it dissolves right back into sugar

TODAY’S TRIVIA

Today is Make Today Better Than Yesterday Day

Today is Mutt's Day, honor all dogs that are not just one breed.

Today is National Raspberry Cake Day

1792 - Construction started with the laying of the cornerstone in the first building to be used solely as a U.S. Government building. It was the U.S. Mint in Philadelphia

1845: The French Army introduced the saxophone to its military band. The instrument had been invented by Adolphe Sax of Belgium

1928: Leo, the MGM Lion, first roared for the debut of the movie White Shadows of the South Seas.

TODAY’S SMILE

I once told a man that I no longer voted. He responded by telling me this: The choice of whether I voted or not was why he waded through rice paddies, toted guns, and fought battles.

It wasn'tlong afterward that I began to vote again.

I once told a man a lie. He responded by telling me this: All of the decisions that he made were based upon the words that I spoke.

I have long since told the truth.

I once became upset over a gift I received, because it wasn't what I wanted. The giver saw the disappointment in my eyes and told me this: He chose the most valuable gift he could find, because he felt I should have it.

I am since very joyful over each gift that I receive.

A man once told me a secret which I quietly whispered in another friend's ear. The man told me this, after hearing his own secret repeated. The reason he told me the secret was because he trusted me, not my friend.

I no longer take trust so lightly.

I once gave a gift to a friend and she cried. I told her it was just a small gift I had found. Her response was that it was not the gift, it was that I had thought of her.

I now give gifts often.

The shiny coin was not to be mine, so I had been told. But on my way out the door, it found its way in my hand. When it was discovered that I had stolen the coin, I was quietly taken aside. The owner of the coin told me this. Integrity is given with a choice.

I have since chosen to stand with integrity.

Once I told a man of all of my dreams. He smiled warmly and even chuckled then asked if I ever planned on living any of them.

I now choose the spending of my days very differently.

Author Unknown

TODAY’S WORD

sesquipedalian \ses-kwuh-puh-DAYL-yuhn\, adjective:

1. Given to or characterized by the use of long words.

2. Long and ponderous; having many syllables.

noun:

1. A long word.

 Sesquipedalian comes from Latin sesquipedalis, "a foot and a half long, hence inordinately long," from sesqui, "one half more, half as much again" + pes, ped-, a foot

TODAY’S REFLECTION

Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.

Psalm 90:12

Psalm 90, a prayer of Moses the man of God, is a powerfully honest look at the brevity and significance of life. The writer compares an entire lifetime to a dream or a blade of grass, and cries out to God: “So teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom” (v.12).

Our days often seem so insignificant, yet they add up to so much. The Message renders verse 12: “Teach us to live wisely and well.” It is a prayer for the snapshots of life with the final image in view

Our Daily Bread

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

After bloom, divide lilies, irises, and poppies. Replant using compost and bonemeal

53 DAYS UNTIL FALL !

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

May there be a miracle in YOUR life today and may you have the EYES to SEE it!

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’ www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

 To see archived ‘On the Bright Side’ Newsletters click on the link below: http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/ONTHEBRIGHTSIDE/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6 http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: