Tuesday, July 22, 2008

FOR TUESDAY, JULY 22ND, 2008

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

JULY 22ND, 2008

TODAY'S THOUGHT

You will find, as you look back upon your life, that the moments when you really lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love.

Henry Drummond

TODAY’S ACTION

Share with others how important they are to you

TODAY’S QUOTE

The best way to cheer yourself is to try to cheer someone else up.

HAPPY TUESDAY !!

It will be a little rainy and much cooler today. But I won’t let a few clouds take my smile away. I’ve so much to be thankful for that I couldn’t complain if I had to. We’ve had some beautiful days and I’ve spent more time with my family this summer than I had in a long long time so I’m happy. Rain is good when I’m working, hopefully the sun will shine on the weekend.

The ‘skunk’ traps will be removed today and we did not catch a skunk so I’m hoping he left and will not return. I’m going to get some of that spray foam stuff and try and seal the crack around my back steps.

All is quiet here this week…the only thing on the calendar after work is a hair cut on Wednesday.

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

TODAY’S PRAYERS

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL !

25 WORDS

God, I thank You for today, for the ways You will bless me, and for the ways that I will serve others in Your name

TO REMEMBER…

I am in the hands of God, and in God’s time all things will be made well.

TODAY IS…LION’S SHARE DAY

This popular expression comes from an an Aesop fable. A lion, a cow, a sheep and a goat form a hunting party. They kill a deer, and the lion divides it into four equal parts. He takes three of the parts (the lion's share) and lets the others divide one. Sounds like a pig to me!

TODAY’S TRIVIA

1587 2nd English colony established on Roanoke Island off NC

1686 City of Albany, NY chartered

1796 Cleveland, Ohio, founded by Gen Moses Cleaveland

1937 - Hal Kemp and his orchestra recorded the now-standard tune, Got a Date with an Angel, for Victor Records in Hollywood, California

TODAY’S SMILE

Juan comes up to the Mexican border on his bicycle. He's got two large bags over his shoulders. The guard stops him and says, "What's in the bags?"

"Sand," answered Juan. The guard says, "We'll just see about that ~ get off the bike." The guard takes the bags and rips them apart; he empties them out and finds nothing in them but sand. He detains Juan overnight and has the sand analyzed, only to discover that there is nothing but pure sand in the bags. The guard releases Juan, puts the sand into new bags, hefts them onto the man's shoulders, andlets him cross the border.

A week later, the same thing happens. The guard asks, "What have you got?"

"Sand," says Juan. The guard does his thorough examination and discovers that the bags contain nothing but sand. He gives the sand back to Juan, and Juan crosses the border on his bicycle. This sequence of events is repeated every day for two years.

Finally, Juan quits showing up and the guard later meets him in a Cantina in Mexico. "Hey, Buddy," says the guard, "I know you were smuggling something. It's driving me crazy. It's all I think about..... I can't sleep. Just between you and me, what were you smuggling?"

Juan sips his drink and says, "Bicycles."

TODAY’S WORD

supernumerary \soo-puhr-NOO-muh-rair-ee; -NYOO-\, adjective:

1. Exceeding the stated, standard, or prescribed number.

2. Exceeding what is necessary or desired; superfluous.

 noun:

1. A supernumerary person or thing.

2. An actor without a speaking part, as a walk-on or an extra in a crowd scene.

Supernumerary is from Latin supernumerarius, from super, "over" + numerus, number

TODAY’S REFLECTION

This is what God asks of you, only this: to act justly, to love tenderly and to walk humbly with your God.

Micah 6:6-8

God is my creator upon whom I depend at every moment for all that I am and can do. God is also my Father who loves me with ceaseless love and who calls me to live with him eternally. So to walk humbly with God is to be real, to acknowledge my dependence, to be grateful for my being, and, trusting in his love for me and his power and desire to save me, to try at all times to do God’s will in all things.

Help me then, dear Lord, always to act justly and to be gentle to and caring of others, to love tenderly as I journey through life.

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

Money is like manure. Unless you spread it around, it doesn't do much good

62 DAYS UNTIL FALL !

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

May there be a miracle in YOUR life today and may you have the EYES to SEE it!

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

MY HOMEPAGE

 I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’ www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

To see archived ‘On the Bright Side’ Newsletters click on the link below: http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/ONTHEBRIGHTSIDE/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: