Monday, July 21, 2008

FOR MONDAY, JULY 21ST, 2008

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

JULY 21ST. 2008

TODAY'S THOUGHT

Each today, well lived, makes yesterday a dream of happiness and each tomorrow a vision of hope. Look, therefore, to this one day, for it and it alone is life.

Anonymous

TODAY’S ACTION

Pursue righteousness and kindness

TODAY’S QUOTE

It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.

Ursula K. Le Guin

HAPPY MONDAY !!

Here I am once more sipping the good coffee, slowing waking up and starting a new day. It was such a hot and steamy weekend that I am now getting tired of staying in the a/c if I want to feel normal. I don’t like being cooped up in the house in the winter and I really dislike being cooped up here in the summertime.

The weather man says we’ll start the week in the 80’s which is better than 90 and much preferred to the 30 and below degrees which we have in the winter. As DD said this weekend. ‘It may be hot and steamy, but I’d rather have this than winter.’

I got the following in an e-mail from DS#5 yesterday:

I knelt in front of the tomb of St. Francis of Assisi, it was an awesome spectacle!!!!!!! We are off to the Vatican tomorrow!!!!! Love you all see you in a couple of days.

It was great to hear from him. He is so far away and I was wondering how they were doing.

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

TODAY’S PRAYERS

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

GOD BLESS YOU !

25 WORDS

God, I thank You for today, for the ways You will bless me, and for the ways that I will serve others in Your name

TO REMEMBER…

I am in the hands of God, and in God’s time all things will be made well.

TODAY IS…SCARE CROW DAY

The most famous scarecrow may be in the "Wizard of Oz", but they can be found all over the world. Their name comes from using a device to scare away crows, but they are really used to keep any bird or animal from disturbing seeds, shoots and fruit. They can also be used at your house to welcome guests or just to decorate your yard

HOW TO MAKE A SCARE CROW

A regular kitchen broom

A cross piece for arms (yard stick, pvc pipe, wood)

Duct tape

Gloves

Rubber bands

Any kind of old clothes

The bristle end of the broom is the head.

Measure 6 inches down the broom handle and mark with a pen. Tape your cross piece for the arms at the mark by wrapping the duct tape in X's front and back.

2. Dress you scarecrow any fun way you like. You can use a dress, t-shirt, sports jacket, overalls or anything else you have on hand. If you use overalls, cut a hole in the seat for the broom stick to go through. Add gloves to the end of the arms last and secure with rubber bands.

3. You can stuff or not stuff your scarecrow. Garbage bags make good stuffing if you don't have bales of straw. Secure any openings with rubber bands or duct tape as you go.

TODAY’S TRIVIA

1930 - The Veterans’ Administration of the United States was established this day

1968 - Arnold Palmer became the first golfer to make a million dollars in career earnings after he tied for second place at the PGA Championship. Palmer accomplished the feat in just 13 years and 2 months as a professional golfer. He won 52 golf tournaments during that period

1990 - Some 250,000 people celebrated at the site where the Berlin Wall once stood in East Berlin.

TODAY’S SMILE

MEMO FROM GOD:

I am God.

Today I will be handling all of your problems. Please remember that I do not need your help. If life happens to deliver a situation to you that you cannot handle, do not attempt to resolve it. Kindly put it in the SFGTD (something for God to do) box. It will be addressed in

My time, not yours. Once the matter is placed into the box, do not hold on to it. If you find yourself stuck in traffic; Don't despair. There are people in this world for whom driving is an unheard of privilege.

Should you have a bad day at work; Think of the man who has been out of work for years. Should you despair over a relationship gone bad; Think of the person who has never known what it's like to love and be loved in return.

Should you grieve the passing of another weekend; Think of the woman in dire straits, working twelve hours a day, seven days a week to feed her children.

Should your car break down, leaving you miles away from assistance; Think of the paraplegic who would love the opportunity to take that walk.

Should you notice a new gray hair in the mirror; Think of the cancer patient in chemo who wishes she had hair to examine.

Should you find yourself at a loss and pondering what is life all about, asking what is my purpose? Be thankful. There are those who didn't live long enough to get the opportunity.

Should you find yourself the victim of other people's bitterness, ignorance, smallness or insecurities; Remember, things could be worse. You could be them!

Author Unknown

TODAY’S WORD

insensate \in-SEN-sayt; -sit\, adjective:

1. Lacking sensation or awareness; inanimate.

2. Lacking human feeling or sensitivity; brutal; cruel.

 3. Lacking sense; stupid; foolish

Insensate comes from Late Latin insensatus, from in-, "not" + sensatus, "gifted with sense, intelligent," from Latin sensus, sense

TODAY’S REFLECTION

O Lord, you are our Father; we are the clay, and you are our potter; we are all the work of your hand.

Isaiah 64:8

My life with God has been like my experience with the pottery. Sometimes I struggle to find my direction. I worry whether I am really being obedient to God's will, doing all that I should bedoing for God. But when I relax and focus on who God is and sense God's presence, my life suddenly feels right. I am at peace.

I have come back to the center, to the truth of who I am and who God is. Having discovered the center, I can live in the confidence that God is guiding me. http://www.upperroom.org

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

 A highbrow is a person educated beyond his intelligence

63 DAYS UNTIL FALL !

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

May there be a miracle in YOUR life today and may you have the EYES to SEE it!

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’ www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

To see archived ‘On the Bright Side’ Newsletters click on the link below: http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/ONTHEBRIGHTSIDE/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6 http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: