Thursday, June 21, 2007

FOR FRIDAY, JUNE 22, 2007

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

JUNE 22ND, 2007

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Nobody is bored when he is trying to make something that is beautiful, or to discover something that is true.

William Inge

TODAY’S ACTION

Give yourself fully to your endeavors.

TODAY’S QUOTE

Let us not use bombs and guns to overcome the world. Let us use love and compassion. Peace begins with a smile-- smile five times a day to someone you don't really want to smile at all-- do it for peace. So let us radiate the peace of God and so light his light

Mother Teresa

HAPPY FRIDAY

Now that summer is officially here we can take life a little simpler and move a little slower. The heat of the warm summer days, tends to do that to me anyway.

News of my dad this morning is that he is holding his own and is being made as comfortable as possible. I did have an opportunity to visit after work and spend a little time with him.

Here at work they say that I may leave at anytime if needed. As long as he continues to be the way he is, I’ll go into work each day. Tomorrow , Saturday, is my usual day to spend with him, so I’ll be there all day and possibly all weekend too. Both of my sisters have been there this week and will probably appreciate a rest . Although I don’t think either of them wants to go home at this point.

On the Bright Side of things we did have a good rain yesterday afternoon and we badly needed it. By evening the sunshine and blue skies were back.

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

 Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

25 WORDS

God, I thank You for today, for the ways You will bless me, and for the ways that I will serve others in Your name

TODAY IS…THUMB EXERCISE DAY

Green thumb, thumb wresting, rules of thumb, thumbnail sketch, thumbs down, thumbs up! What would we do without our thumbs? They give us a precision grip and the ability to manipulate objects with great skill - all because they move freely and independently of the fingers. Give your thumbs a good wiggle today and be glad they're there

TODAY’S TRIVIA

Today is National Chocolate Éclair Day.

Today is National Listen to a Child Day

1832 - J.I. Howe patented the pin-making machine, better known as a pinmaker

1970: President Nixon signed a measure lowering the U.S. voting age from 21 to 18.

TODAY’S SMILE

A little girl was playing with her doll while her mother was writing. After a while the mother called the child to her, and took her on her lap.

The little one said: "I am so glad; I wanted to love you so much mamma!"

"Did you, darling?" the mother said, clasping the child tenderly.

"I am so glad my daughter loves me so; but were you lonely while I wrote? You and dolly seemed to be having a happy time together."

"Yes, mamma; but I got tired of loving her."

"And why?" questioned the mother.

 "Oh, because she never loves me back."

"And that is why you love me?"

"That is one why, mamma; but not the first one or the best."

"And what is the first one and the best?"

"Why, mamma, don't you guess?" and the blue eyes were very bright and earnest.

"It's because you loved me when I was too little to love back; that's why I love you so!"

Thus, like the little girl in the story, we love because we have first been loved.

By Donald Haynes

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMERS ALMANAC

Cancers tend to be emotional, intuitive, protective, and cautious.

??? DAYS UNTIL AUTUMN!

(I haven’t had the opportunity to check the days yet)

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

May there be a miracle in YOUR life today and may you have the EYES to SEE it!

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

 MA

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

To see archived ‘On the Bright Side’ Newsletters click on the link below: http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/ONTHEBRIGHTSIDE/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: