Tuesday, April 24, 2007

FOR WEDNESDAY, APRIL 25TH, 2007

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

APRIL 25th, 2007

TODAY'S THOUGHT

We may not be able to give much but we can always give the joy that springs in a heart that is in love with God.

Mother Teresa

TODAY’S ACTION

Make someone's day. Tell them how much you appreciate them.

TODAY’S QUOTE

It is not doing the thing we like to do, but liking the thing we have to do, that makes life blessed.

Johann von Goethe

HAPPY WEDNESDAY

OVER THE HUMP DAY!

We will have to make our own Sunshine here for the next 3 days ! April Showers are predicted. The weekend forecast looks to be sunny though and that is a good thing.

It seems to me that the weatherman has been more accurate lately or is that my imagination???

I had a nice surprise visit from my ‘old camping buddy’ yesterday evening. It is always good to see her and it’d been quite awhile since our last visit. She was on her way to someplace else and had an extra half hour, so she just stopped in.

Other than that my week has been a quiet one. I go to work each day, come home and try to do at least one thing on the home front, then the day is over it seems.

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

25 WORDS

God, I thank You for today, for the ways You will bless me, and for the ways that I will serve others in Your name

TODAY IS…TUNA SANDWICH DAY

Is tuna fish about to replace peanut butter and jelly as everyone's favorite sandwich filling? It looks like the answer is "yes"! Canned tuna has been around for 100 years and is a staple in 85% of American kitchens. A rich source of protein, it's also low-fat and has lots of other nutrients. But, for sandwich lovers, versitility is the key. Starting with a base of tuna and mayonnaise, you can go on a sandwich adventure. Almost anything can be blended with tuna. Experiment!

TODAY’S TRIVIA

Today is National Zucchini Bread Day

Today is Administrative Professionals Day

St Mark the Evangelist Feast Day - Author of one of the four Gospels.

First Memorial Day in the U.S. - Held in 1866 at Columbus, Mississippi, a year after the Civil War.

1901: New York became the first U.S. state to require auto license plates. They were inscribed with the owner’s initials. The fee was $1.00.

1928 - Buddy, the first seeing eye dog, was presented to Morris S. Frank on this day. Many seeing eye organizations and schools continue to offer specially trained dogs “...to enhance the independence, dignity, and self-confidence of blind people...

 TODAY’S SMILE

Even though I clutch my blanket and growl when the alarm rings, thank you, Lord, that I can hear. There are many who are deaf.

Even though I keep my eyes closed against the morning light as long as possible, thank you, Lord, that I can see. Many are blind.

Even though I huddle in my bed and put off rising, thank you, Lord, that I have the strength to rise. There are many who are bedridden.

Even though the first hour of my day is hectic, when socks are lost, toast is burned and tempers are short and my children are so loud, thank you, Lord, for my family. There are many who are lonely.

Even though our breakfast table never looks like the pictures in magazines and the menu is at times unbalanced, thank you, Lord, for the food we have. There are many who are hungry.

Even though the routine of my job often is monotonous, thank you, Lord, for the opportunity to work. There are many who have no job.

Even though I grumble and bemoan my fate from day to day and wish my circumstances were not so modest, thank you, Lord, for life!

Author Unknown

Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Being alive is the special occasion.

Author Unknown

TODAY’S WORD

mé·tier noun.

1. An occupation, a trade, or a profession.

2. Work or activity for which a person is particularly suited; one's specialty.

Synonym forte

TODAY’S REFLECTION

The man who had received the five talents brought the other five.'Master, you entrusted me with five talents. See, I have gained five more.' His Master replied, 'well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things.

Matthew 25:20-21

If you are feeling unappreciated for the work you have been doing, know that you are working for the Lord. Too many people today are saying, "That isn't my job!" when asked to do something. Those who gladly go the extra mile are ready for leadership roles.

Lord, guide me to do the little extra things that will make life better for those around me. Amen.

http://www.dailyguideposts.com

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

Ivy will flourish with an occasional drink of cold tea instead of water

57 DAYS UNTIL SUMMER !

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

May there be a miracle in YOUR life today and may you have the EYES to SEE it!

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

To see archived ‘On the Bright Side’ Newsletters click on the link below:

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/ONTHEBRIGHTSIDE/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: