Friday, April 20, 2007

FOR SATURDAY, APRIL 21st, 2007

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

APRIL 21ST, 2007

TODAY'S THOUGHT

I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Louisa May Alcott

TODAY’S ACTION

Do not let fear stop you from reaching your goals.

TODAY’S QUOTE

Why is it that it seems to be so much easier to get caught up in the hard things and the struggles than it is to remember the happy moments?

Joyce Rupp

HAPPY SATURDAY

Ahhhh…sunny warm weather coming our way !

When I finally got home from work Friday, I was able to open the back door window for a while and let some fresh air in.

I was in need of an oil change, so I called the car dealership and asked their service department if they could possibly take me in after work. OK they said bring it on in. I even had a coupon saving me almost 5 dollars on the cost.

Wouldn’t you know they found something else…the serpentine belt was worn (didn’t I hear the squealing?) So I spent just a little over $100 all told and guess what??? They didn’t use my coupon. I paid full price for the oil change. I guess they thought I wouldn’t notice after they added the other on.

I count on these guys to keep my car in shape so I don’t have to worry about getting back and forth to work each day.

I also took the car to the car wash and got some of the grime off. Guess that was a good thing, but I also happened to notice a little rust by the wheel well on one side. That will have to be taken care of too.

That is it for my car woes. I’m going to just try and enjoy the nice weather!

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

25 WORDS

God, I thank You for today, for the ways You will bless me, and for the ways that I will serve others in Your name

TODAY IS…Jelly Bean Day

Jelly candies (sugar and flavored water) have been putting smiles on the faces of kids for centuries - starting with the Romans. When penny candy was popular during the 1800's, gumdrops and jelly beans were the biggest sellers - and nothing replaced them in popularity until people fell in love with the chocolate bar. Blueberry jelly beans were invented so President Reagan could serve red, white and blue jelly beans at his inaugural ball.

TODAY’S TRIVIA

Today is Husband Appreciation Day, always the third Saturday in April

Today is Kindergarten Day, a day to recognize the importance of play, games, and creative activity in children's education. Nursery school and kindergarten as we know it are the direct results of the influence of Friedrich Froebel. born on this day in 1782 in Germany. He grew up to become a teacher, author and toy maker. The first public kindergarten in the U.S. was started by Conrad Poppenhusen in College Point, Queens, New York in 1870.

Today is National Chocolate Covered Cashews Day

Today is Astronomy Day and National Auctioneers Day

1783: Reginald Heber was born in England. He published his first hymn at age 28. His greatest hit: "Holy, Holy, Holy."

1913: The zipper was patented by Swedish engineer Gideon Sunback. He improved on an 1813 design of Whitcomb Judson called a clasp-locker, which often jammed. Zippers were first used in World War I and appeared on civilian clothes in the 1920's

1977: The musical play "Annie" opened on Broadway, beginning a run of 2,377 performances.

TODAY’S SMILE

One of Julie's wedding presents was a toaster oven. Soon after the honeymoon, she and her husband decided to try it out. Almost immediately, smoke billowed out of the toaster.

"Quick, get the owner's manual!" her husband shouted. "I can't find it anywhere!" she cried, searching through the box.

"Oops!" came a voice from the kitchen. "Well, the toast is fine, but the owner's manual is burnt to a crisp."

Is life's oven burning you?

Nebuchadnezzar exclaimed,  Blessed be the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, who sent his angel, to deliver the servants that trusted in him, they disobeyed the king's command, and yielded their bodies, rather than serve or worship any god, except their own God. -Daniel 3:95

http://www.cleanjokeoftheday.com

TODAY’S WORD

finial (FIN-ee-ehl, FI-nee-) noun

1. An ornamental object on top of an architectural structure or a piece of furniture.

2. A curve at the end of the main stroke of a character in some italic fonts.

Just ahead, rolling lawns and a canopy of pecan, willow, oak and English walnut trees frame an imposing multitiered manor house complete with portico exterior, dormer windows and a welcoming 3 1/2-foot pineapple finial crowning its mansard roof.

 TODAY’S REFLECTION

He is named Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Isaiah 9:6

SHALOM is a Hebrew word that means "peace." The Israeli people greet everyone by saying, "Shalom."

The promise that Jesus made to his apostles and me on the night of his arrest was that he would leave us with peace.

Could it be that even in the chaos of my life, I could feel peaceful? Through this single, repeated word, God reminded me that peace doesn't depend on what is happening around me but what is happening inside me.

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled, and do not let them be afraid.

 John 14: 27

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

 Rivers (or other water) in your dreams suggest your emotional state.

61 DAYS UNTIL SUMMER !

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

To see archived ‘On the Bright Side’ Newsletters click on the link below:

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/ONTHEBRIGHTSIDE/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: