Wednesday, April 4, 2007

FOR THURSDAY, APRIL 5TH, 2007

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

APRIL 5TH, 2007

TODAY'S THOUGHT

Nothing makes you like other human beings so much as doing things for them. Zora Neale Hurston TODAY’S ACTION Have a desire to improve things.

TODAY’S QUOTE

If you smile when no one else is around, you really mean it.

Andy Rooney

HAPPY THURSDAY

Yesterday I got all my Easter baskets mailed to the grand’babes’ out of town that I won’t see this year and Easter cards out to my family and friends. I also got our Dino Boy’s Birthday gift in the mail.

I was feeling pretty good at having this job accomplished when I suddenly realized that I’d put a birthday card in saying Happy Birthday to a SUPER Six Year Old. Guess I had a senior moment when I mailed that one as he is 7 this year.

Two steps forward and one step back seem to be the way I do things too often anymore. Today I’ll send off a corrected card.

The winds from the west have blown in some very cold weather and I guess it will be down in the 20’s at night for a few days. That is just way too cold.

Today is the last day of this work week for me. Tomorrow will be work at home day. Hopefully I won’t take too many steps backward.

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

25 WORDS

God, I thank You for today, for the ways You will bless me, and for the ways that I will serve others in Your name

TODAY IS…BELL BOTTOMS DAY

Maybe a big fashion trend, but sailors discovered them first - because they were so practical. Bell bottom pants were easy to roll up and keep dry when swabbing the deck on the ships. They were also fast and easy to pull off if you fell overboard and needed to swim. Who would have guessed these pants would become such a craze in the 60's and be the hot item for men, women and kids!

TODAY’S TRIVIA

1614: America's Pocahontas married English colonist John Rolfe in Virginia.

1621: The Mayflower sailed from Plymouth, Massachusetts, to return to England.

1856: Educator Booker T. Washington was born in Franklin County, Virginia. An educational leader and spokesman of African-Americans, he established the Tuskegee Institute in 1881. He was inducted into the American Hall of Fame in 1945.

1923: Firestone Tire and Rubber Company of Akron, Ohio, began the first regular production of "balloon" tires.

TODAY’S SMILE

It's an old story but the meaning is still true. A very wealthy man donated the money to a college for a new building. During the Depression he was wiped out.

He was ridiculed by some friends for having given the building to the college. "That's not the way I see it," he said. "That building is all that's left from my lifetime of work. What I gave away has been saved, what I kept has been lost."

For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. 8But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. 9People who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction. 10For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs 1 Timothy 6:7-12

TODAY’S WORD

ingenuous \in-JEN-yuh-wus\ adjective 1 : showing innocent or childlike simplicity and candidness 2 : lacking craft or subtlety "The face of the old man was stern, hard-featured, and forbidding; that of the young one, open, handsome, and ingenuous." (Charles Dickens, The Life and Adventures of Nicholas Nickleby)

TODAY’S REFLECTION

I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name -- the name you gave me -- so that theymay be one as we are one.

John 17:11

Even as he approached Jerusalem and the trials that awaited him, Jesus thought only of others. God is love and Jesus demonstrated that love throughout his life on earth. Lord, let me never forget how you love me, so that I may love others the same way. Amen.

http://www.dailyguideposts.com

 

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

To get rid of garlic breath, eat an apple.

77 DAYS UNTIL SUMMER !

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart Psalm 37:4

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!! MA

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

To see archived ‘On the Bright Side’ Newsletters click on the link below: http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/ONTHEBRIGHTSIDE/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

No comments: