Friday, December 16, 2005

FOR SATURDAY, DECEMBER 17TH, 2005

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

DECEMBER 17th, 2005

TODAY'S THOUGHT

You see things; and you say, Why?

But I dream things that never were; and I say Why not?

 George Bernard Shaw

TODAY'S ACTION

Change your thoughts and change your life

TODAY'S QUOTE

His coming was quiet...

no clash of cymbals, no blast of trumpets....

just the midnight song of angels

and the awe-filled sighs of shepherds

on a hillside hushed by holiness.

His coming is still quiet...

Just a whisper of love in the silence

and a gentle promise to the humble heart

that bids Him welcome.

B.J. Hoff

ADVENT

But the angel said to him, Do not be afraid, Zechariah, because your prayer has been heard. Your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you shall name him John. And you will have joy and gladness, and many will rejoice at his birth, for he will be great in the sight of (the) Lord. Luke 1:13

 Luke tells the beautiful story of John the Baptist who came to prepare the way for the coming of the Messiah

In a card or letter, tell someone how much you care for them. Let them know they are loved by you – and God.

Today find a quiet spot all by yourself and just reflect on this Bible verse for a few minutes. "Be still and know that I am God". Then remember that sometimes we can be too introspective forgetting about the Lord's big picture. God has plan even if we don't

 Grab a pen and paper. Lets make sure we haven't forgotten to do anything for our Christmas Celebration. This way we won't have to run around last minute.

TODAY’S LINK

BUILD A SNOWMAN

http://www.countrygraphics.com/snwmngame.html

HAPPY SUPER SATURDAY !!

Today is a SUPER day ! Our family Christmas Feast ! The house is clean and ready and the deviled eggs and layered salad are made ! The rest of the dinner will be going in the oven about noon or so.

I’ll be taking lots of pictures to share with you all tomorrow!

Have a great day ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

TODAY IS...COOKIE CUTTER DAY

Cookie Cutters not only make fun cookies but great decorator stamps

HERE’S A LINK TO COOKIE CUTTER CRAFTS http://www.crafts4kids.com/projects/cookie_cutter.htm

TODAY'S TRIVIA

Today is Wright Brothers Day. They made their first flights on December 17, 1903, at Kitty Hawk, N.C. Orville flew an experimental plane, the Wright Flyer, 120 feet in 12 seconds; Wilbur flew 852 feet in 59 seconds. They made two other short flights with the Flyer before an ocean gust lifted and badly damaged the plane

Today is National Maple Syrup Day

1843 Charles Dickens' "A Christmas Carol" was first published

1900 New Ellis Island Immigration station completed costing $1.5 million

1936 Ventriloquist Edgar Bergen & dummy Charlie McCarthy, make their radio debut on Rudy Vallee’s Royal Gelatin Hour

1965 Largest newspaper-Sunday New York Times at 946 pages -50¢

1969 50 million TV viewers see singer Tiny Tim marry Miss Vicky, on Tonight Show

TODAY'S SMILE

MOM’S REQUEST TO SANTA

Dear Santa,

I've been a good mom all year. I've fed, cleaned, and cuddled my two children on demand, visited the doctor's office more than my doctor, sold 62 cases of candy bars to raise money to plant a shade tree on the school playground, and figured out how to attach nine patches onto my daughter's Girl Scout sash with staples and a glue gun.

I was hoping you could spread my list out over several Christmases, since I had to write this letter with my son's red crayon on the back of a receipt in the laundry room between cycles, and who knows when I'll find anymore free time in the next 18 years.

Here are my Christmas wishes: I'd like a pair of legs that don't ache after a day of chasing kids (in any color, except purple, which I already have) and arms that don't flap in the breeze, but are strong enough to carry a screaming toddler out of the candy aisle in the grocery store. I'd also like a waist, since I lost mine somewhere in the seventh month of my last pregnancy.

If you're hauling big ticket items this year, I'd like a car with fingerprint resistant windows and a radio that only plays adult music; a television that doesn't broadcast any programs containing talking animals; and a refrigerator with a secret compartment behind the crisper where I can hide to talk on the phone.

On the practical side, I could use a talking daughter doll that says, "Yes, Mommy" to boost my parental confidence, along with one potty-trained toddler, two kids who don't fight, and three pairs of jeans that will zip all the way up without the use of power tools.

I could also use a recording of Tibetan monks chanting, "Don't eat in the living room" and "Take your hands off your brother," because my voice seems to be just out of my children's hearing range and can only be heard by the dog. And please don't forget the Playdoh Travel Pack, the stocking stuffer this year for mothers of preschoolers. It comes in three fluorescent colors and is guaranteed to crumble on any carpet making the In-laws' house seem just like mine.

If it's too late to find any of these products, I'd settle for enough time to brush my teeth and comb my hair in the same morning, or the luxury of eating food warmer than room temperature without it being served in a Styrofoam container.

If you don't mind, I could also use a few Christmas miracles to brighten the holiday season. Would it be too much trouble to declare ketchup a vegetable? It will clear my conscience immensely. It would be helpful if you could coerce my children to help around the house without demanding payment as if they were the bosses of an organized crime family; or if my toddler didn't look so cute sneaking downstairs to eat contraband ice cream in his pajamas at midnight.

Well, Santa, the buzzer on the dryer is ringing and my son saw my feet under the laundry room door. I think he wants his crayon back. Have safe trip and remember to leave your wet boots by the chimney and come in and dry off by the fire so you don't catch cold.

Help yourself to cookies on the table, but don't eat too many or leave crumbs on the carpet.

Yours Always, Mom

TODAY'S WORD

lagniappe \LAN-yap\

noun : a small gift given a customer by a merchant at the time of a purchase; broadly : something given or obtained gratuitously or by way of good measure

The Garcia family's store always has the best holiday-themed lagniappes; this year with a $20 purchase you receive a hand-painted snowman figurine.

TODAY'S REFLECTION

Love does not envy…

I Corinthians 13:4

If you really love your neighbor, you'll be happy for any success he or she has

In counting our blessings,

We find when we're through

We've no reason at all

To complain or be blue

Helen Steiner Rice

TODAY'S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER'S ALMANAC

Save the water from cooking pasta to water houseplants. They'll love it

4 DAYS UNTIL WINTER

 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

I Love You All !!!

BeBlessed !!!

Ma

MY JOURNALS http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

 

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.nois.com/rainey/rainey.htm

 

No comments: