Tuesday, December 18, 2007

FOR WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 19TH, 2

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

DECEMBER 19TH, 2OO7

 

 

TODAY'S THOUGHT

A lovely thing about Christmas is that it's compulsory, like a thunderstorm, and we all go through it together.

Garrison Keillor

 

TODAY’S ACTION

Reflect and enjoy this wonderful time of year

 

TODAY’S QUOTE

When Christmas bells are swinging

above the fields of snow,

We hear sweet voices ringing

from lands of long ago,

And etched on vacant places

Are half-forgotten faces

Of friends we used to cherish,

 and loves we used to know

Ella Wheeler Wilcox

 

HAPPY WEDNESDAY !!

OVER THE HUMP DAY

I’m very thankful that now there will be only 2 days of work left this week. Tonight and tomorrow evening, I hope to get a little cleaning done and Friday evening I have a few things to put together for our Christmas brunch and dinner on Saturday.

Of course I’ll have to make the ‘deviled’ eggs for sure. My work place is always very generous in providing a ham for each employee so Ill be taking that and some baked beans too ! Those 2 things always seem to go together.

Today should be another busy one at work as will the rest of the week.

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

 

TODAY’S PRAYERS

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

 

25 WORDS

God, I thank You for today, for the ways You will bless me, and for the ways that I will serve others in Your name

 

TO REMEMBER…

I am in the hands of God, and in God’s time all things will be made well.

 

TODAY IS…CHOCOLATE PIZZA DAY

Pizza isn't just crust and sauce with your favorite toppings! You can make one for dessert and wow the family with your talents. This chocolate pizza is especially good for Christmas guests - and it just takes 15 minutes to make. Or take it to the office as a holiday surprise. But watch out! You might end up eating the whole thing yourself

1 (12oz) pkg real semi- sweet chocolate chips

1 lb white almond bark, divided

2 cups miniature marshmallows

1 cup crisp rice cereal

 1 cup peanuts

1 (6oz) jar red maraschino cherries, drained, cut in half

2 Tbsp green maraschino cherries, drained and quartered

1/3 cup angel flake coconut 1 tsp oil

Melt chocolate chips with 14 oz almond bark in large pan over low heat. Stir in marshmallows, cereal and peanuts. Pour onto greased 12" pizza pan. Top with cherries, sprinkle with coconut. Melt remaining 2 oz almond bark with oil over low heat, stir till smooth. Drizzle over coconut. Chill until firm. Store at room temperature.

I have made this one before and it is delicious!

 

TODAY’S TRIVIA

Today is National Oatmeal Muffin Day

Today is National Build a Snowman Day

Today is E-Mail Santa Claus Just in Case He Didn't Get Your Letter Day

1843: "A Christmas Carol," by Charles Dickens, was first published in England.

1918 - Robert Ripley began his Believe It or Not column in The New York Globe

1957: Meredith Wilson's musical play "The Music Man" opened on Broadway.

1997: ''Titanic,'' the highest-grossing movie in history, opened in North American theaters

 

TODAY’S LINK

THE LITTLEST CHRISTMAS TREE

http://our.homewithgod.com/mkcathy/MerryChristmas/little.html

 

TODAY’S SMILE

It was just a Christmas Angel, that my Mom put on our tree.

She bought it at a five and dime, when I was only three.

Each year we'd trim our Christmas tree, with lights and ornaments.

Then Mom would always tell me, what the Angel represents.

The Angels came to tell the shepherds, of the Christ Child's birth.

And, Angels are still here with us, to guide us here on earth.

The Angel on our Christmas tree, was made in such a way.

That if the light inside burned out, you just threw it away.

The light burned out when I was twelve, the Angel would not shine.

But, Mom would not throw it away, she said it looked just fine.

She loved that little Angel, that she put upon our tree.

She said it didn't need a light, for anyone to see.

Then I grew up, and I moved out to start my family.

And, I'd go home at Christmas time, to help her trim her tree.

My wife and children went with me, to mom's house every year.

The house was filled with love and joy, as we shared Christmas cheer.

The kids would always say to her, "The Angel is burned out."

Then, she would smile and tell them, what the Angel's all about.

She told another reason, for it's specialty.

Your daddy picked that Angel out, when he was only three.

My mother passed away this year, early in the spring.

And then I had the painful task, of going through her things.

The beautiful old house she owned, was left me in her will.

We moved back in the summertime, we feel her in it still.

Early in December, we brought out our Christmas tree.

I went up to the attic, just to see what I could see I saw a cardboard box, with markings, "ornaments and stuff."

And in it was the little Angel, that she loved so much.

I brought the cardboard box downstairs, and showed the family.

Then they persuaded me to put the Angel on our tree.

We trimmed the tree that weekend, as we talked of Christmas past.

Then when the tree was finally done, the Angel went on last.

Every night till Christmas, all the lights were burning bright.

Except the little Angel, that had long burned out her light.

Then on Christmas morning, I arose before the rest.

I had to have my coffee, to be at my very best.

I walked into the living room, my coffee cup in hand.

Then what I saw, so puzzled me, I could not understand.

I just stood in silence, as, my eyes filled up with tears.

The little angel was all aglow, that had been dark for many years.

author unknown

What Christmas Carol is a favorite of parents?

Silent Night

Why does Santa go down the chimney on Christmas Eve?

Because is 'soots' him

What do snowmen eat for breakfast?

Snowflakes

Why is turkey popular at Christmas?

Because the weather is warmer over there.

TODAY’S WORD

auctorial \awk-TOR-ee-ul\ adjective:

of or relating to an author

The capacity to tell a plain tale is the greatest of the auctorial gifts

 

TODAY’S REFLECTION

Just as iron sharpens iron, friends sharpen the minds of each other.

Proverbs 27:17

The first Christmas cards were made long before TV, telephones, the Internet or evenreliable mail delivery. People drew their own pictures and made the cards, which were greatly valued by those who received them.

Then cards began to be printed and the custom became a popular one. Some began to enclose letters telling of family events during the past year and this continues. With the coming of the computer, many have returned to printing their own Christmas cards and letters, embellishing them with photos of the family activities.

Although we may laugh about receiving letters telling us about family relatives and friends that we don't even know, we still enjoy hearing from friends that live far away. And the cards and letters bring back happy memories of times past.

This Christmas think of someone to whom you might bring joy to the heart by your loving message. You can also pass on the Good News of your faith, when you send a Christmas card or letter to someone.

Let's never forget the reason we are celebrating this happy holiday -- our Savior's birth!

Today’s Prayerful Living Message at ourprayer.org

 

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

A dream of ducks swimming on clear water portends a lucky journey

 

3 DAYS UNTIL WINTER !

 

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

 Psalm 37:4

May there be a miracle in YOUR life today and may you have the EYES to SEE it!

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

 

MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

To see archived ‘On the Bright Side’ Newsletters click on the link below: http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/ONTHEBRIGHTSIDE/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: