Monday, December 31, 2007

FOR NEW YEAR'S EVE, MONDAY, JANUARY 31ST, 2007

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

DECEMBER 31ST, 2OO7

 

TODAY'S THOUGHT

Then sing, young hearts that are full of cheer, with never a thought of sorrow; the old goes out, but the glad young year comes merrily in tomorrow.

Emily Miller

 

TODAY’S ACTION

Give thought and thanks for the light of day and the comfort of night.

 

TODAY’S QUOTE

One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon -instead of enjoying the roses blooming outside our windows today.

Dale Carnegie

 

HAPPY MONDAY !!

AND HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE!

It’s Day 3 of my long weekend and today I’m going to do a little paper shuffling and try and clean up what has accumulated around my desk. It is not a pretty site at all and I rarely use that desk other than to stack stuff on top of it. It is upstairs in my craft room and I’m too lazy to go up there very often. I find that a pile gathers on my dining room table and when that gets unsightly I take it up and put it on the desk or the area surrounding the desk or on the desk chair. The garbage man will be getting an extra bag of rubbish this week, I’m sure!

I had a wonderful time at the concert last night ! Thank you to DD and her hubby for the ticket. It was a grand Christmas gift ! If any of you ever get the chance I hope you can go! And thanks to DS#5 and his wife for the transportation!!!

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

 

TODAY’S PRAYERS

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

 

25 WORDS

God, I thank You for today, for the ways You will bless me, and for the ways that I will serve others in Your name

 

TO REMEMBER…

I am in the hands of God, and in God’s time all things will be made well.

 

TODAY IS…SMOKE ALARM DAY

Most fatal fires occur at night when people are asleep. Often, victims never wake up. A working smoke alarm will detect smoke and sound an alarm to alert you, giving you precious time to escape. CHECK YOUR SMOKE ALARM!

 

TODAY’S TRIVIA

Today is New Year's Eve, the final day of 2007

Today is World Peace Meditation Day

Universal Hour of Peace begins at 11:30 tonight. Until 12:30 a.m. January 1, 2008, every man, woman and child is invited to spend the hour in meditation, prayer, conversation, listening to beautiful music or whatever helps them concentrate on peace

Today is National Check the Smoke Alarms Day

Tonight is First Night, a non-alcoholic alternative New Year's Eve celebration of the arts, planned tonight in over 140 U.S. and Canadian cities. The first First Night in 1976 was in Boston, where 1-million are expected to attend 250 shows today and tonight

Guy Lombardo and his Royal Canadians played Auld Lang Syne as a New Year’s Eve song for the first time on this night in 1929. Auld Lang Syne had been the band’s theme song long before 1929. However, this night was the start of a New Year’s Eve tradition as Lombardo’s famed orchestra played at the Hotel Roosevelt Grill in New York City to usher in the new year.

Where did it Auld begin? Scottish poet Robert Burns said he heard an old man singing the words, and wrote them down; but Burns is considered the original author. The literal translation means “old long since”; less literal: “days gone by”.

1879 - Thomas Edison delighted an audience in Menlo Park, New Jersey. He gave his first public demonstration of incandescent lighting with the words, “Now it’s on. Now it’s off.” He did this for hours and hours. Well, not quite. But he did turn the lights on and off a few times just to show folks that he could do it.

1975 - Elvis Presley performed before 60,000 fans at the Silverdome in Pontiac, MI. He earned $800,000 for the concert -- a world record for a single concert by a single artist

Happy New Year! May 2008 bring 366 days of love and laughter to you and everyone you love. Thank you, Lord, for: life, love, and laughter. And new beginnings

 

TODAY’S LINK

WORLD CLOCK http://www.peterrussell.com/Odds/WorldClock.php

 

TODAY’S SMILE

Cause my cup has overflowed

And as I go along life's way, I'm reaping better than I sowed. I'm drinking from my saucer, 'Cause my cup has overflowed.

Haven't got a lot of riches, and sometimes the going's tough. But I've got loving ones all around me, and that makes me rich enough.

I thank God for his blessings, and the mercies He's bestowed. I'm drinking from my saucer, 'Cause my cup has overflowed.

I remember times when things went wrong, My faith wore somewhat thin. But all at once the dark clouds broke, and the sun peeped through again.

So Lord, help me not to gripe, about the tough rows I have hoed. I'm drinking from my saucer, 'Cause my cup has overflowed.

If God gives me strength and courage, When the way grows steep and rough. I'll not ask for other blessings,

I'm already blessed enough. And may I never be too busy, to help others bear their loads.

Then I'll keep drinking from my saucer, 'Cause my cup has overflowed.

 

If you cannot find happiness along the way you will not find it at the end of the road.

 

BETWEEN THE YEARS

Our Lord and our God. We have our joy in Thee. Without Thy Help we could not face unafraid the year before us.

 

I stand between the years. The Light of My Presence is flung across the year to come – the radiance of the Sun of Righteousness. Backward, over the past year, is My Shadow thrown, hiding trouble and sorrow and disappointment.

Dwell not on the past - only on the present. Only use the past as the trees use My Sunlight to absorb it, to make from it in after days the warming fire-rays. So store only the blessings from Me, the Light of the World. Encourage yourselves by the thought of these.

Bury every fear of the future, of poverty for those dear to you, of suffering, of loss. Bury all thought of unkindness and bitterness, all your dislikes, your resentments, your sense of failure, your disappointment in others and in yourselves, your gloom, your despondency, and let us leave them all, buried, and go forward to a new and risen life.

Remember that you must not see as the world sees. I hold the year in My Hands - in trust for you. But I shall guide you one day at a time. Leave the rest with Me.

You must not anticipate the gift by fears or thoughts of the days ahead. And for each day I shall supply the wisdom and the strength.

GOD CALLING

 

TODAY’S WORD

gelid \JEL-id\, adjective:

Extremely cold; icy.

Gelid comes from Latin gelidus, from gelu, "frost, cold

 

TODAY’S REFLECTION

In Him we live and move and have our being.

Acts 17:28

This text is a formula for maintaining physical, mental, and spiritual energy. The tension and pressure of modern living draws wearily upon our energies. But here we have a renewal method.

The text reminds us that God created us and that He can constantly and automatically re-create us. The secret is to maintain contact with God.

Every day, preferably about midafternoon when an energy lag usually comes, try repeating this text while visualizing yourself as “plugged” into the spiritual line. Affirm that God’s recreative energy is restoring strength and power to every part of your body, your mind, and your soul.

Thought Conditions by Norman Vincent Peale

Peale Center for Postiive Thinking.com

 

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

In Scotland, December 31 is known as Hogmanay, the word children use to ask for their traditional present of an oatmeal cake (which is why this is also called Cake Day).

The first person to cross the threshold into one's home, called the first footer, is an indication of the year to come. Although the tradition varies, if the first footer is tall and dark, the year will be a good one.

80 DAYS UNTIL SPRING !

 

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

May there be a miracle in YOUR life today and may you have the EYES to SEE it!

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

 

MY HOMEPAGE

 I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

 

To see archived ‘On the Bright Side’ Newsletters click on the link below: http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/ONTHEBRIGHTSIDE/

 

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6 http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: