Saturday, December 29, 2007

FOR SUNDAY, DECEMBER 30TH, 2007

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

DECEMBER 30th, 2OO7

 

 

TODAY'S THOUGHT

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.

Ann Landers

 

TODAY’S ACTION

Life is a song-sing it.

 Life is a game - play it.

Life is a challenge - meet it.

Life is a dream - realize it.

Life is a sacrifice - offer it.

Life is love - enjoy it.

 

TODAY’S QUOTE

In times like these, it helps to recall that there have always been times like these.

 Paul Harvey

 

HAPPY SUNDAY !!

Here we are another SLOW start morning and Day 2 of my 4 day weekend. I’ll be going to church as always today and then this evening I’ll be going to a concert as DD and her hubby gave me a ticket to see the Transiberian Orchestra for Christmas. I’m going with them and DS#5 and his wife and a few others. This is the 1st concert I’ve ever been to and I’m excited.

Here is a link to a TRANSIBERIAN e-card that allows you to hear some of their great music. When you access the site, click on the X which is on a scroll with the message to send a card, it will close and you can enjoy the music. http://ecards.netmusicpromotions.com/tso/ecard.html

In today’s trivia you’ll see that in 1942 Mr. and Mrs. North aired on the radio. This little tidbit is special to me because my Mom always told me that is where she got my name from. She said it was an unusual name that she’d never heard before and that’s why she chose it for me.

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

 

TODAY’S PRAYERS

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

 

25 WORDS

God, I thank You for today, for the ways You will bless me, and for the ways that I will serve others in Your name

 

TO REMEMBER…

I am in the hands of God, and in God’s time all things will be made well.

 

TODAY IS…BICARBONATE SODA DAY

Bicarbonate soda (baking soda) is a naturally occurring substance that is present in all living things. Besides being use in baking, it is good for cleaning, deodorizing, and even indigestion. Mother Nature knew what she was doing with this one!

For everything you ever wanted to know about baking soda, click here: http://www.armandhammer.com/

 

TODAY’S TRIVIA

The Festival of Enormous Changes At the Last Minute begins today

Today is Falling Needles Family Fest Day, a time to gather around the Christmas tree and watch the needles fall. Live it up! Dance barefoot

Today is National Antacid Day

1851: Asa Candler was born in Georgia. An Atlanta pharmacist, in 1887 he converted a medicinal tonic called Coca-Cola into a soda fountain soft drink.

1942 - Mr. and Mrs. North debuted on NBC radio. Joseph Curtin played Jerry North and Alice Frost played Pam. A typical Mr. and Mrs. North episode would find Pam leading Jerry on what seemed to be a wild-goose chase as they tracked down criminals. Pam always ended up being right and leading police to the criminals. The theme song for the show was The Way You Look Tonight. Sponsors included Woodbury soap, Jergens lotion and Halo shampoo

1951: "The Roy Rogers Show" debuted on NBC-TV, starring Roy, Dale Evans, Pat Brady, Trigger, Buttermilk, Bullet, and Nellybelle. Nellybelle was a jeep. Dale wrote the theme "Happy Trails to You." The show lasted six years

1969 - Peter, Paul and Mary received a gold record for the single, Leaving On a Jet Plane. The song had hit #1 on December 20.

 

TODAY’S LINK

RECIPE FOR A HAPPY NEW YEAR http://wandascountryhome.com/newyear/recipe.html

 

TODAY’S SMILE

Granny Adams made such beautiful pies! One day I asked her, "How do you get such beautiful pies with the crimps around the edge so even?"

"Well, it's a family secret," she said. "But if you promise not to tell, I'll let you in on it."

 "Okay," I said. "Tell me!"

 "Well, first, I roll out the dough, making sure it is flat and even. Then I cut out the bottom layer and carefully put in the pie plate and make sure it is firmly against the sides of the plate.

Then I slowly pour in the filling, making sure it's not too full. Next, I cut out the top layer and carefully put it over the filling.

Finally, I take out my teeth and just run them around the edge of the pie crust and they make the nicest even impressions you ever did see!

 

TODAY’S WORD

bibulous \BIB-yuh-luhs\, adjective:

1. Of, pertaining to, marked by, or given to the consumption of alcoholic drink.

2. Readily absorbing fluids or moisture.

Bibulous comes from Latin bibulus, from bibere, "to drink."

 

TODAY’S REFLECTION

You are my Son, the Beloved; with you I am well pleased.

Mark 1:11

Notice that God says in our reading today, "With you I am well pleased." A good question to ask ourselves would be, "Is God pleased with us?"

In one of the PEANUTS cartoons, a little girl calls Charlie Brown on the telephone. "Marcie and I are about to leave for camp, Chuck," she says. "We're going to be swimming instructors." Marcie takes the phone and adds, "We just called to say goodbye, Charles. We are going to miss you. We love you."

Charlie Brown, stands by the phone with a grin on his face. Linus asks, "Who was that?" He answers, "I think it was a right number."

God believes that each of us is the right number, because God calls all of us to accept the gift of Jesus Christ and to follow in his footsteps

Daily devotions http://www.devotions.net

 

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

Sneezing to the right is considered lucky

81 DAYS UNTIL SPRING !

 

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

May there be a miracle in YOUR life today and may you have the EYES to SEE it!

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

To see archived ‘On the Bright Side’ Newsletters click on the link below: http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/ONTHEBRIGHTSIDE/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: