Wednesday, December 19, 2007

FOR THURSDAY, DECEMBER 20TH, 2007

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

DECEMBER 20TH, 2OO7

 

 

 

TODAY'S THOUGHT

At Christmas, all roads lead home.

Marjorie Holmes

 

TODAY’S ACTION

Be sensitive to the messages of hope that greet you

 

TODAY’S QUOTE

The world's alive with Christmas joy!

Come join the merry throng.

You'll find upon your lips a smile,

Within your heart a song.

Nadine Brothers Lybarger

 

HAPPY THURSDAY !!

I almost forgot when I looked at the calendar for this week that tonight is my Bible Study. So that’s where you’ll find me this evening. Not much has been done in the way of ‘house blessing’ here yet, so the ‘Newlyweds’ may just have to put up with whatever they may find when they stay over this weekend.

Today either on my lunch hour or after work I need to pick up a few things at the grocery store so I’ll have what is needed for Saturday. I keep adding to my ‘to do and ‘to get’ lists so I won’t forget anything.

DS#2 and DS#4 and their families will be missing from our Family Christmas this year but I did get their gifts in the mail last Saturday. I know that DS#4 and family got theirs but I haven’t heard yet about DS#2’s. Hopefully everyone got everything.

It is always hard to get everyone together at one time. The last time that happened was about 4 years ago. T

ake good care all ! Watch out for those reindeer!

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

 

TODAY’S PRAYERS

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

 

25 WORDS

God, I thank You for today, for the ways You will bless me, and for the ways that I will serve others in Your name

 

TO REMEMBER… I am in the hands of God, and in God’s time all things will be made well.

 

TODAY IS…DOT YOUR ‘I’S’ WITH SMILEY FACES DAY

Honoring all girls named Mindy, Tiffany, and Brittany everywhere  ***BIG SMILE****

The smiley, smiley face, or happy face is a stylized representation of a smiling human face, commonly represented as a yellow button with two dots representing eyes and a half circle representing the mouth. Smiley is also sometimes used as a generic term for any emotion

The very earliest known examples of the graphic are attributed to Harvey Ball, who devised the face in 1963 for a Worcester, Massachuetts – based insurance firm. Ball never attempted to use, promote or trademark the image; it fell into the public domain in the United States before that could be accomplished. As a result, Ball never made any profit for the iconic image he allegedly creted beyond his initial $45 fee.

 

TODAY’S TRIVIA

Try To Remember Where You Hid The Christmas Gifts Day

National Go Caroling Day

1920: English-born Leslie Townes Hope became a U.S. citizen at age 17. He had lived in the U.S. since he was five. Though he dreamed of becoming a boxer, instead he became comedian Bob Hope.

1932 - Al Jolson recorded April Showers on Brunswick Records.

1946: The film "It's a Wonderful Life" premiered in New York City. It starred Jimmy Stewart as George Bailey, Donna Reed as Mary Bailey, Henry Travers as Clarence Oddbody (trying to earn his wings) and Lionel Barrymore as Mr. Potter.

 

More triva…

A research organization, making a study of juvenile delinquency, telephoned fifty homes between 9:30 and 10:30 at night to ask parents if they knew where their children were. Half of the calls were answered by children who had no idea where their parents were.

 

TODAY’S LINK

A Christmas Card for all of you !

http://www.jacquielawson.com/viewcard.asp?code=0212320003

 

TODAY’S SMILE

 

CHRISTMAS POEM

Author unknown

I have a list of folks I know, all written in a book And every year when Christmas comes, I go and take a look, And that is when I realize that these names are a part Not of the book they are written in, but really of my heart.

For each name stands for someone who has crossed my path sometime, And in the meeting they've become the rhythm in each rhyme. And while it sounds fantastic for me to make this claim, I really feel that I'm composed of each remembered name.

And while you may not be aware of any special link Just meeting you has changed my life a lot more than you think. For once I've met somebody, the years cannot erase The memory of a pleasant word or of a friendly face.

So never think my Christmas cards are just a mere routine Of names upon a Christmas list, forgotten in between, For when I send a Christmas card that is addressed to you, It is because you're on the list that I'm indebted to.

For I am but a total of the many folks I've met, And you happen to be one of those I prefer not to forget. And whether I have known you for many years or few, In some ways you have a part in shaping things I do.

And every year when Christmas comes, I realize anew, The best gifts life can offer is meeting folks like you. And may the spirit of Christmas that forever endures Leave its richest blessings in the hearts of you and yours.

(from my heart to yours for sure )

 

TODAY’S WORD

 discursive \dis-KUR-siv\, adjective:

1. Passing from one topic to another; ranging over a wide field; digressive; rambling.

2. Utilizing, marked by, or based on analytical reasoning -- contrasted with intuitive.

 

TODAY’S REFLECTION

Be still, and know that I am God...

Psalm 46:10

Christmas is filled with the clamor of shoppers, Christmas songs broadcast in the mall, Christmas bells rung in church spires and on the street. Even at home there are many clamorous interruptions -- the phone ringing, the TV, someone at the door.

Then there is the clamor within our lives -- selecting and wrapping gifts, decorating the house, baking goodies, preparing for guests. This entire clamor can drown out our thoughts of what Christmas is all about and make us tense and touchy.

God can bring you peace in the middle of all this noise and distraction, if you will only be still and listen. Just as there is total calm in the eye of a hurricane, so can there be total calm with God in life's hurricanes

Devotional Message found at ourprayer.org

 

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

When bubbles in your coffee collect in the center of the cup, expect fair weather. If they form a ring or cling to the sides, expect rain.

 

2 DAYS UNTIL WINTER !

 

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

May there be a miracle in YOUR life today and may you have the EYES to SEE it!

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

To see archived ‘On the Bright Side’ Newsletters click on the link below: http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/ONTHEBRIGHTSIDE/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: