Monday, December 17, 2007

FOR TUESDAY, DECEMBER 18TH, 2OO7

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

DECEMBER 18TH, 2OO7

 

TODAY'S THOUGHT

Christmas! 'Tis the season for kindling the fire of hospitality in the hall, the genial fire of charity in the heart.

Washington Irving

 

TODAY’S ACTION

Let go of old wrongs and start anew

 

TODAY’S QUOTE

Christmas now surrounds us,

Happiness is everywhere

Our hands are busy with many tasks

As carols fill the air.

Shirley Sallay

 

HAPPY TUESDAY !!

BRRRCHILL !

We started out Monday at 24 degrees and it continued on a downhill slide. It was 19 when I got home from work. Today is supposed to be in the 30’s.

Tonite is my dulcimer get together and for the final time this year we’ll be playing our Christmas music. We’ll take a break now til March or April depending on the weather. No one likes going out on cold snowy nights.

I had several e-mails today warning about scams going on all over the internet. Please be careful about any e-mails you open and never never give out any personal information to anyone.

Lots of crazy things going on and I fear they will just get worse.

Keep warm and be safe all !

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

 

TODAY’S PRAYERS

 Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

 

25 WORDS

God, I thank You for today, for the ways You will bless me, and for the ways that I will serve others in Your name

 

TO REMEMBER…

I am in the hands of God, and in God’s time all things will be made well.

 

TODAY IS…PLAY BINGO DAY

This game was invented in 1929 by Edwin S. Lowe. It has become a five-billion-dollar-a- year charitable fund raiser - plus given a lot of people hours of fun.

BINGO!

 

TODAY’S TRIVIA

Today is National Bake Cookies Day

National Scrooge Week begins today

Today is National Roast Suckling Pig Day

1719: Thomas Fleet of Boston published Mother Goose’s Melodies for Children. The stories had come from Fleet’s mother-in-law, Elizabeth Foster Goose.

1787 - This is the day when New Jersey was counted as the third state to enter the United States of America.. New Jersey’s many truck farms, orchards and flower gardens gave the state its nickname: The Garden State. Trenton, the capital of New Jersey, was once the capital of the new nation. The New Jersey state flower is the purple violet, the state bird, the eastern goldfinch, and the state motto: "Liberty and Prosperity."

1865 - “Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, save as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist in the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.” With these words, slavery was abolished in the United States. On this day a proclamation by the U.S. Secretary of State announced the thirteenth amendment to the Constitution had been ratified by the legislatures of twenty-seven of the thirty-six states.

1976: "Wonder Woman" debuted on ABC-TV. Lynda Carter was Wonder Woman; Lyle Waggoner was Major Steve Trevor. Wonder Woman had appeared in comic books since 1941. She possessed "the beauty of Aphrodite, the wisdom of Athena, the strength of Hercules, the speed of Mercury

 

TODAY’S LINK

THE VOICE OF CHRISTMAS

http://www.share-christmas.com/stories/voice/

 

TODAY’S SMILE

It isn't the tinsel, The wrapping or things,

That make me feel happy and

Make my heart sing.

The reason is simple

(at least just to me)

The reason is Jesus!

Woohoo!!! Yip Yippee!!!

He gave us the best,

Finest gift there could be!

He gave us Himself,

When He died on a tree.

So when I see my tree

All twinkly with lights

I think of Bethlehem

On that most special night.

I look at the star,

Right at the top

And remember the star

And where it stopped.

The presents beneath it,

Bring to recall The Magi and gifts

In a cold stable stall.

To many, these things

Are symbols of greed.

To me they remind me

Of what mankind needs!

The gift that was wrapped

And placed in stable stall

Was the very BEST gift,

Yes, the BEST gift of all!

So that's why I celebrate ...

I can't be much clearer,

Christmas season to me

Simply brings Jesus nearer!

author unknown

 

A little Story for you today

Shortly before Christmas one year I almost stumbled over a little boy in the middle of the pavement who was so busy playing with a toy merry-go-round, a waddling duck and a walking man that he was oblivious to the crowd milling around him.

His obvious pleasure made me think the same toys would delight my own youngster. I asked the little boy where he got them. "In there," he said, pointing to a shop behind him.

I went in and asked for the toys the small boy was playing with. "Who is he?" I asked, as the proprietress wrapped my purchases. She smiled, "you might say he's my Christmas present.

A few days ago he came in and stood staring longingly at the merry-go-round. "Would you like it for Christmas," I asked. "Mummy says there isn't any money for Christmas this year. We lost our Dad a little while ago," he explained, and turned to go.

It had been a lean season for me: but it was the week before Christmas. I gave him the merry-go-round and he was so delighted that he got no further than the footpath before he sat down and wound it up.

Then the most amazing thing happened. People stopped to talk to him: and I've never had so many customers. I kept count of the merry-go-rounds I sold and when he got up to go I called him in and gave him a small commission.

I asked him to come back the next day, and added the duck and the man to his playthings. Yesterday his commission amounted to $11!"

Author Unknown

 

TODAY’S WORD

 unfledged \uhn-FLEJD\, adjective:

1. Lacking the feathers necessary for flight.

2. Not fully developed; immature.

Unfledged is from obsolete fledge, "capable of flying; feathered," from Middle English flegge, from Old English -flycge.

 

TODAY’S REFLECTION

Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Look, the young woman is with child and shall bear a son, and shall name him Immanuel.

Isaiah 7:14

According to Matthew, Immanuel means, "God is with us." You see, Mary's miracle is one of hope for all of us. It's a miracle that says that God has not abandoned us to the consequences of our own sinfulness.

Rather, God sent Jesus as our deliverer, and our savior That is the miracle of Christmas. Jesus, the Christ child, turns our despair into hope.

Daily Devotions http://www.devotions.net

 

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

Kindnesses, like grain, increase by sowing

 

4 DAYS UNTIL WINTER !

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

May there be a miracle in YOUR life today and may you have the EYES to SEE it!

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

 

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

 

To see archived ‘On the Bright Side’ Newsletters click on the link below: http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/ONTHEBRIGHTSIDE/

 

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: