Friday, September 21, 2007

FOR SATURDAY , SEPTEMBER 22, 2007

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

SEPTEMBER 22nd, 2OO7

 TODAY'S THOUGHT

Such as we are made of, such we be.

William Shakespeare

TODAY’S ACTION

Don’t let what you can’t do, stop you from doing what you can.

TODAY’S QUOTE

Everyone wants to be appreciated. So if you appreciate someone, don't keep it a secret.

Mary Kay Ash

HAPPY SUPPER SATURDAY !!

Today is the last day of Summer and Ice Cream Cone Day so I thought I’d use my Summer graphics one more time and then put them away until next year.

DS#1 and family should be here about 11:00 this morning and the ‘Newlyweds’ will be arriving in town shortly after that . We should be meeting up at the Apple Festival along with DD and her hubby and then spending most of the afternoon there.

We plan to go to 4:30 church as long as we are up town and close by. Then we’ll probably have our supper at the festival too ! I’m sure all the grand’babes’ will be worn out by then.

DD is celebrating this weekend. She got a new job. She’s been going to school to become a dental assistant and only has 2 weeks to go and will , come mid October , start her new job working for a dentist that has his office right down the road from where I work.

Lots of excitement always going on with one or the other of the babes for sure. I’m so thankful for them !

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

25 WORDS

God, I thank You for today, for the ways You will bless me, and for the ways that I will serve others in Your name

TODAY IS…PIANO PLAYER DAY

The piano was invented by Bartolomeo Cristofori in Florence, Italy sometime around 1700 - and was originally called a "harpsichord that plays soft and loud." It was a keyboard instrument that produced a stronger sound than the clavichord and allowed for more artistic expression than the harpsichord or the organ. Today we celebrate the most popular instrument in the whole world - plus more than 20 million people who are pianists. This includes all of us who can only play chopsticks!

TODAY’S TRIVIA

Today is Kiwanis Kids Day, honoring and helping our greatest resource, our kids

Today is Yom Kippur, the Jewish Day of Atonement. It is the holiest of all Jewish observances

Today is Ice Cream Cone Day, marking Italo Marchiony's invention of the cone, first made of paper then pastry, for his push cart ice cream business in New York City. He filed to patent the cone mold on this date in 1903 and received the patent in December.

Fiddler on the Roof.. The musical opened on Broadway this day in 1964.

1863 President Lincoln makes his Emancipation Proclamation speech

1980: Laura Ingalls got married on "Little House on the Prairie."

TODAY’S SMILE

This puzzle was written by a lady in California in response to an offer from a gentleman in Philadelphia that he would pay anyone $1000 who would write a puzzle he could not solve. He failed to do so and paid the $1000. The answer is two words and it appears only 1 time in the Bible (NIV).

Adam, God made out of dust but thought it best to make me first so I was made before man to answer God's most holy plan

A living being I became and Adam gave to me my name I from his presence then withdrew and more of Adam never knew I did my makers law obey nor ever went from it astray

Thousands of miles I go in fear

But seldom on Earth appear for purpose wise that God did see He put a living soul in me

A soul from me God did claim and took from me the soul again so when from me the soul had fled

I was the same as when first made and without hands, or feet, or soul I travel on from pole to pole

I labor hard by day, by night to fallen man I give great light

Thousands of people, young and old will by my death, great light behold no right or wrong can I conceive the scripture I cannot believe

Although my name therein is found they are to me an empty sound no fear of death doth trouble me real happiness

I'll never see to heaven I shall never go or to hell below now when the lines you slowly read to search your Bible with all speed for that my name is written there

I do honestly declare. Who am I? . . .

(Answer is shown after today's word)

TODAY’S WORD

intrepid \in-TREP-id\, adjective:

 Fearless; bold; brave; undaunted; courageous;

as, an intrepid soldier; intrepid spirit.

 Intrepid comes from Latin intrepidus, "calm," from in-, "not" + trepidus, "anxious, disturbed."

Who am I? . . .

Great Fish. Jonah 1:17

TODAY’S REFLECTION

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.

Matthew 22:37

We go along with our daily activities, but we wonder where that joyful spirit is hiding. I believe that today's scripture holds a vital part of that joy.

 Let's look carefully at loving God

...with all your heart.

Do you love God with the same intensity that you love your family — mother, father, wife or children

 ...with all your soul.

Do you give a compassionate, forgiving love to others in your soul that God has given you?

 ...with all your mind.

 Do you have enthusiasm in all your tasks and pursue them in obedience to the Lord, as Jesus did?

Jesus followed this commandment with a second: "Love your neighbor as yourself." (vs. 39). I believe God would have us obey these commandments in order to have complete joy in the Lord.

http://www.dailyguideposts.com

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

This year's autumnal equinox occurs at 5:51 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time on September 23. It is said that the wind and weather at the time of the equinoxes foretells the wind and weather during the following three months. If the autumn is warm, it is reputed that the winter will be long. If there's much autumn fog, there will be much winter snow. If the autumn is clear, the winter will be windy. If the storms of September clear off warm, however, you can expect the winter storms to be relatively warm as well.

1 DAY UNTIL AUTUMN!

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

May there be a miracle in YOUR life today and may you have the EYES to SEE it!

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

To see archived ‘On the Bright Side’ Newsletters click on the link below:

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/ONTHEBRIGHTSIDE/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: