Tuesday, February 26, 2008

FOR TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 26TH, 2008

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

February 26th, 2008

 

TODAY'S THOUGHT

If you judge people, you have no time to love them.

Mother Teresa

 

TODAY’S ACTION

 Let your heart inspire your life

 

TODAY’S QUOTE

It is the simple things of life that make living worthwhile, the sweet fundamental things such as love and duty, work and rest, living close to nature.

Laura Ingalls Wilder

 

HAPPY TUESDAY !!

WE’VE GOT SNOW !

In case any of you are missing a little SNOW in your lives, I just thought I’d let you know we’ve got more. Another winter storm coming our way today. Actually it is already here but will continue through the day.

Please be careful every body that has to be out and about today.

Monday wasn’t bad at all considering it was a Monday. Very often my mind takes a day to warm up to being at work again. I got my taxes done after work and will get a little refund back so that is always good news too.

Take good care all !

Have agreat day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

 

TODAY’S PRAYERS

Just One Minute

When you are depressed, angry, sad, disillusioned, grieving, joyful, tempted, estranged, or in any other state of mind and heart, include God for just a minute.

When you include God for just a minute, that minute is a little window into the infinite love God has for you.

When you include God for just a minute, that minute becomes the door through which Christ will walk to sit down next to you so He can give you peace, joy, comfort, and the incredible power of His uplifting love.

Author unknown

 

Today I’m asking that you join me in praying for a family (acquaintances of a friend’s sister) who is really in need of prayers right now. They have been very concerned with the illness of one family member who is in intensive care in the hospital and now the dad has suddenly passed away. Please pray for comfort for them and strength to see them through this difficult and sorrowful time. The man who died was a teacher and his students will be very affected by his death also.

 

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

GOD BLESS YOU !

 

25 WORDS

God, I thank You for today, for the ways You will bless me, and for the ways that I will serve others in Your name

 

TO REMEMBER…

I am in the hands of God, and in God’s time all things will be made well.

 

TODAY IS…RING FINGER DAY

The custom of wearing a wedding ring on the third finger (not counting the thumb) of the left hand was started by the Greeks in the 3rd century B.C. - by mistake! The physicians wrongly believed that a vein ran from this finger to the heart. They called this the "vein of love" and considered this the logical place to wear a ring symbolizing love

 

TODAY’S TRIVIA

Today is National Pistachio Day

Today is For Pete's Sake Day, a day to wonder who is Pete and why we do or don't do things for his sake

1919: Congress established Grand Canyon National Park in Arizona

1951: The 22nd Amendment to the U.S. Constitution was ratified, limiting a president to two terms of office

 

TODAY’S SMILE

ONLINE FRIENDS

 Throughout our lives, from birth to the grave, Our Impressions of others come from how they behave. We can touch them, feel them, see them and hear The truth of their words through a multi-sensed ear.

We can tell by their eyes, or their language, or look, If their words are sincere, or out of a book. But Online, the words we read on the screen, We Interpret to say what we want them to mean.

Our innermost feelings are brought forth there, From the words that appear on the screen where we stare. Does "I Love You' from them, mean the same as from me? Or am I only a game to them, and should I then flee?

Are they laughing, or joking, or smirking, or worse... While I pour out my heart in short little spurts... And that night, on the phone, when we spoke those same words, Did they hang up and say " Good God, What a Nerd .." ?

In All other places, we choose friends with care... Online, It is sad, We must truly BEWARE... To all of you whom I've poured out my heart...

Remember, be gentle, even though far apart... Because " I LOVE YOU " from me, comes from deep down inside, Where Trust, and Hope, and my true feelings hide...

And no matter the image, I show to the rest... My Online Friends know the real me the best... While with you I share my fears and my dreams... And I pray when we meet, I am all that I seem...

Author Unknown

 

TODAY’S WORD

lissom \LISS-uhm\, adjective; also lissome:

1. Limber; supple; flexible.

2. Light and quick in action; nimble; agile; active

Lissom is an alteration of lithesome, which derives from Old English lithe, "flexible, mild, gentle

 

TODAY’S REFLECTION

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.

Colossians 3:12

Are we not blessed to know that we have a mighty and loving God who knows each of us by name? (Luke 10:20). We don't have to earn our way into God's kingdom, for he sent his Son to rescue us (John 3:16). Life with our Lord is a gift!

God didn't have to send Jesus, his only Son, to live as one of us and suffer as he did. But Jesus had such compassion that he not only atoned for our sins, but he taught us how to live fruitful lives

When we don't take time to listen and encourage, we are not showing true compassion. And here is the surprise blessing! When we show true compassion to others, God fills our hearts with satisfaction and joy.

 

 TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

Luck is loaned, not owned

23 DAYS UNTIL SPRING !

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

May there be a miracle in YOUR life today and may you have the EYES to SEE it!

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

 

MY HOMEPAGE

 I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

 To see archived ‘On the Bright Side’ Newsletters click on the link below: http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/ONTHEBRIGHTSIDE/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

 

No comments: