Sunday, February 10, 2008

FOR SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 10TH, 2008

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

FEBRUARY 10TH, 2008

 

TODAY'S THOUGHT

God has put something noble and good into every heart which His hand created.

Mark Twain

 

TODAY’S ACTION

Don't underestimate your power to change yourself

 

TODAY’S QUOTE

You got to sing like you don't need the money

Love like you'll never get hurt

You got to dance like nobody's watchin'

It's gotta come from the heart

If you want it to work.

Susanna Clark & Richard Leigh

 

HAPPY SUNDAY !!

I’m up and got that good coffee right here beside me and am ready to start another day. It is R& R day once more and I’ll be going off to church as usual.

The day here will be a very cold one, but I’ve got my ‘winter silks’, my flannels and lots of layers on to keep me warm. The weatherman said yesterday that we were close to breaking a record for days without sunshine for February.

The sun did make anappearance so I guess we’ll not be breaking any records. I can certainly tell that the sun is missing in my life. Last week I made the effort to go to bed earlier and I did for at least 2 days. I found myself waking up several times during the night, I usually sleep pretty soundly and so for the rest of the week I went up to bed around 9 as usual.

I think that 8:00 was just too early and that I just need some sunshine and not more sleep. I’m trying to hang on and I know that once the ‘Ides of March’ (15th) comes I’ll be on the uphill swing. That seems for me to be the turning point .

I heard from DS#2 yesterday and he’ll be off on a short trip this week related to his job. He hopes to be able to see his children too. I think DS#4 is traveling also, if not this week it will be soon. He does a lot of traveling for work too. Both of them are in my prayers for safe travels.

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

 

TODAY’S PRAYERS

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

GOD BLESS YOU!

 

25 WORDS

God, I thank You for today, for the ways You will bless me, and for the ways that I will serve others in Your name

 

TO REMEMBER…

I am in the hands of God, and in God’s time all things will be made well.

 

TODAY IS…BOY SCOUT DAY

William Boyce, a Chicago publisher, was lost on a foggy night in London. A good deed by an anonymous boy helped him find his way back to his hotel. The boy refused a tip and identified himself only as a "boy scout". Boyce was so impressed, he met with the founder of the British Scouts. When he returned to America, he founded the Boy Scouts of American on Feb 10, 1910

 

TODAY’S TRIVIA

Today is World Marriage Day

Today is National Cream Cheese Brownie Day

Today is National Umbrella Day

60 AD: The Apostle Paul was shipwrecked near the island of Malta

1933: The Postal Telegraph Company of New York City delivered history’s first "singing" telegram

1957: The Styrofoam cooler was invented

1967 - The 25th Amendment to the Constitution, dealing with presidential disability and succession, was ratified by the U.S. Congress this day. The amendment provided, in part, “In case of the removal of the President from office or of his death or resignation, the Vice President shall become President.”

 

TODAY’S LINK

ONE DAY AT A TIME

http://www.marycy.org/solitude.html

 

TODAY’S SMILE

DRINKING FROM THE SAUCER

I've never made a fortune. ... And I'll never make one now. But it really doesn't matter ... 'Cause I'm happy anyhow.

As I go along my journey ... I'm reaping better than I've sowed. I'm drinking from the saucer ... 'Cause my cup has overflowed.

I don't have a lot of riches ... and sometimes the going's rough, But while I've got my family to love me, ... I think I'm rich enough.

I'll just thank God for the blessings ... That His mercy has bestowed, I'm drinking from the saucer ... 'Cause my cup has overflowed

If You give me strength and courage ... When the way grows steep and rough, I'll not ask for other blessings, ... I'm already blest enough.

May I never be too busy ... To help bear another's load Then I'll be drinking from the saucer ... Cause my cup has overflowed.

Author Unknown

 

TODAY’S WORD

menagerie \muh-NAJ-uh-ree; -NAZH-\, noun:

1. A collection of wild or unusual animals, especially for exhibition.

2. An enclosure where wild or unusual animals are kept or exhibited.

3. A diverse or varied group

Menagerie comes from French ménagerie, from Middle French, from menage, from Old French mesnage, "dwelling

 

TODAY’S REFLECTION

They immediately left their nets and followed Him.

Mark 1:18

Many people are confused about who Jesus is. But through His Word, God helps us know and enjoy the real Jesus. You will find Him wonderfully compelling.

Tough fishermen, tax collectors, and zealots gave up everything to follow Him (Mark 1:18). Women felt safe with Him. Crowds stood in awe of His power and authority.

Jesus is not content to be just our “fire insurance,” saving us from eternal punishment in hell. Rather, He wants us to know Him for who He really is, and He desires to connect with us on a deeper, more personal level. Get to know Him—and you’ll grow to love Him more and more each day

http://www.rbc.org

 

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

Cheese is easier to grate if you first place it in the freezer for 30 minutes

39 DAYS UNTIL SPRING !

 

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

May there be a miracle in YOUR life today and may you have the EYES to SEE it!

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

 

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

To see archived ‘On the Bright Side’ Newsletters click on the link below: http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/ONTHEBRIGHTSIDE/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: