Sunday, February 3, 2008

FOR MONDAY, FEBRUARY 4TH, 2008

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

FEBRUARY 4TH, 2008

 

 

TODAY'S THOUGHT

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable.

Helen Keller

 

TODAY’S ACTION

Let the quality of your deeds speak on your behalf

 

TODAY’S QUOTE

Appreciation can make a day--even change a life, Your willingness to put it into words is all that is necessary.

Margaret Cousins

 

HAPPY MONDAY !!

We are warmer here in Northern Ohio today and will be until about Wednesday when the cold will come back, but we won’t have the bitter winds and below normal temps that cause me to put the ‘winter silks’ on.

We’ll be having some rain today and when I looked at the long range forecast for the week, I saw very little of that ‘sunshine’ that I so need. I’ll be eating my oranges and hoping to get a little extra ‘C’ that way.

I think I’ve been fighting off some kind of bug as I haven’t felt real great, but then again I really haven’t been sick either.

On the calendar for the week ahead is:

Wednesday: Hair cut after work

Go to church and get my ‘ashes’

Thursday:

Bible Study in the evening

Friday Evening: Stations of the Cross

Since Lent will begin on Wednesday, I plan to spend more time at church—we’ll see how it goes.

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

 

TODAY’S PRAYERS

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

 

25 WORDS

God, I thank You for today, for the ways You will bless me, and for the ways that I will serve others in Your name

 

TO REMEMBER…

I am in the hands of God, and in God’s time all things will be made well.

 

TODAY IS…SPOILED CATS DAY

Yes, the most popular pets world wide are dogs! But, don't tell the cats!. People who own these little balls of fur know how independent and royal they really are. Of course, they were the favorite pets of the pharaohs. I think they remember this!

 

TODAY’S TRIVIA

Today is Homemade Soup Day

Today is National Stuffed Mushroom Day

Today is USO Day. The United Service Organization, providing worldwide civilian support for U.S. servicemen and women and their families, was created on this date in 1941.

1873: Methodist evangelist and composer George Bennard was born. Of some 300 gospel songs, his biggest hit was The Old Rugged Cross

1938: Walt Disney released the classic children’s movie Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs

 

TODAY’S SMILE

I saw a sign in front of a farm house with this message: "A smile is a curve that straightens everything out." Well, a smile is a curve and although it doesn't always straighten everything out, it sure will brighten your countenance, improve your appearance, and affect your outlook in a positive way!

 

A little boy was walking down a dirt road after church one Sunday afternoon when he came to a crossroads where he met a little girl coming from the other direction. "Hello," said the little boy. "Hi," replied the little girl.

"Where are you going?" asked the little boy. "I've been to church this morning and I'm on my way home," answered the little girl. "I'm also on my way home from church. Which church do you go to?" asked the little boy. "I go to the Baptist church back down the road," replied the little girl. "What about you?"

"I go to the Methodist church back at the top of the hill," replied the little boy. They discover that they are both going the same way so they decided that they'd walk together. They came to a low spot in the road where spring rains had partially flooded the road, so there was no way that they could get across to the other side without getting wet.

"If I get my new Sunday dress wet, my Mom's going to skin me alive," said the little girl. "My Mom'll tan my hide, too, if I get my new Sunday suit wet," replied the little boy. "I tell you what I think I'll do," said the little girl. "I'm gonna pull off all my clothes and hold them over my head and wade across."

 "That's a good idea,"replied the little boy. "I'm going to do the same thing with my suit." So they both undressed and waded across to the other side without getting their clothes wet.

They were standing there in the sun waiting to drip dry before putting their clothes back on, when the little boy finally remarked ... "You know, I never realized before just how much difference there really is between a BAPTISTand a METHODIST!!!

 

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face

Victor Hugo

 

TODAY’S WORD

perquisite \PUR-kwuh-zit\, noun:

1. A profit or benefit in addition to a salary or wages.

2. Broadly: The benefits of a position or office.

3. A gratuity or tip for services performed.

4. Anything to which someone has or claims the sole right

Perquisite derives from Medieval Latin perquisitum, from the past participle of Latin perquirere, "to search for eagerly," from per-, "through, thoroughly" + quaerere, "to seek." In Middle English it meant "property acquired by means other than inheritance." By 1565 it had acquired the sense "fringe benefit"; by 1721 it hadalso come to signify "a tip or gratuity”

 

TODAY’S REFLECTION

 After Jesus was born, (the amount of time found in the Law of Moses), Joseph and Mary took the boy to Jerusalem. They presented Jesus to God at the Temple because God's Law said, "The first child whom a mother bears will be called special for God." They also worshiped God with an offering of two birds, just like God's Law commands…

Luke 2:22-32

God wants for our best. And we have an example of Mary and Joseph offered their most precious gift to God. To show us that as God gives, we should give Luke connected the couples' action, the Temple, and the Law to stress the Jewish roots of Jesus.

As In the presentation of the Lord, Luke foreshadowed the ministry of the young Messiah. Many contemporaries of Jesus had particular images of the Messiah. For them, the Messiah would be both king and high priest, leading the people in true worship at the Temple.

The Temple was the focal point for Jewish worship, for the people believed God truly dwelt there We all receive from God. And he calls us to give back to him. Our gifts and our lives. The quality of the gift we give will never outdo the gift he gives to us

http://word-sunday.com

 

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

Married in February's sleety weather, Life you'll tread in tune together

45 DAYS UNTIL SPRING !

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

May there be a miracle in YOUR life today and may you have the EYES to SEE it!

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

 

MY HOMEPAGE 

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

To see archived ‘On the Bright Side’ Newsletters click on the link below: http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/ONTHEBRIGHTSIDE/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: