Tuesday, January 29, 2008

FOR WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 30TH, 2008

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

JANUARY 30TH, 2008

 

 

TODAY'S THOUGHT

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.

Thomas A. Edison

 

TODAY’S ACTION

Lead by example

 

TODAY’S QUOTE

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Doug Larson

 

HAPPY WEDNESDAY !!

OVER THE HUMP DAY

I really think this should be a Friday, but now at least we are half way through this week. There is nothing exciting happening this weekend, it’s just that work days seem to go by so slowly and evenings and weekends tend to fly by.

Yesterday morning before I left for work I heard a strange banging noise outside. I looked up and there towards the top of the house was a piece of our siding swaying in the breeze. Thankfully, we were able to get it fixed today and when I got home all the repairs were made. Now I just need to wait for the bill to come in the mail. I sure do appreciate their promptness in getting right out and fixing it.

Over last night and into this morning we are supposed to have high winds gusting to 50 mph. At least I know that this piece of siding is securely attached. Hopefully there will not be any others.

I went out at lunch time yesterday and got my car’s e-check (which is an emission test that the state of Ohio says we must have every other year) The ‘silver streak’ passed with flying colors so then I took myself over to the License Bureau and renewed my registration and my driver’s license. My birthday is still aways off, but I had the time and figured I might as well get it all done early.

Just ordinary days here, nothing much of any kind of excitement, just things that need to be done.

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

 

TODAY’S PRAYERS

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

GOD BLESS YOU !

25 WORDS

God, I thank You for today, for the ways You will bless me, and for the ways that I will serve others in Your name

 

TO REMEMBER…

I am in the hands of God, and in God’s time all things will be made well.

 

TODAY IS…THERMOS BOTTLE DAY

Why does a thermos keep hot things hot and cold things cold? There's a vacuum between the inner and outer layers of the bottle, so there is no movement of air. And with no air movement, there is almost no change in temperature. So... you don't have to break one open to see what's inside

 

TODAY’S TRIVIA

Today is Yogi Bear Day, marking debut of the Yogi Bear Show on this date in 1958. Yogi had first appeared as a cartoon extra on "Huckleberry Hound" in October '57.

Today is National Croissant Day

1958: Designer Yves Saint Laurent held his first major fashion show in Paris. He was 22 years old.

 

TODAY’S SMILE

Having a Bad Day?

Discovering that I'd overslept, I abandoned my usual morning routine and rushed out. In the van, though, I realized I had time to stop for a take-out coffee. I got my coffee and returned to the van, only to find I had not only left it running but had locked it!

The day was going from bad to worse. I returned to the shop, sheepishly explained my situation to the clerk and asked if I could borrow a broom. I managed to open a side window and pop the lock on the back door using the broom handle.

When I returned the broom, the clerk said, "I know you're having a bad day, but..." "I know, I know," I interrupted. "You want to know how I can unlock my van with a broom." "No," she said. "I wanted to tell you that your shirt is on inside out

 

TODAY’S WORD

 sylvan \SIL-vuhn\, adjective:

1. Of or pertaining to woods or forest regions. 2. Living or located in a wood or forest. 3. Abounding in forests or trees; wooded. noun: 1. A fabled deity or spirit of the woods. 2. One that lives in or frequents the woods or forest; a rustic

Sylvan derives from Latin silva, sylva, "a wood or grove

 

TODAY’S REFLECTION

If any are hearers of the word and not doers, they are like those who look at themselves in a mirror . . . and, on going away, immediately forget what they were like.

James 1:23

CAN you imagine looking in the mirror to comb your hair, then forgetting to do it? Before you laugh, consider this: Have you ever stood in the middle of a room, trying to remember why you went there? Or found yourself holding an object, wondering why you picked it up?

All of us lose our focus at times. In the everyday world, it's annoying. But in the spiritual realm, it can be serious. Through James, God counsels us to slow down, clean up our act, and concentrate on the message of life in Christ.

If we let God's word go in one ear and out the other, we're like someone who stands before an open refrigerator door, having forgotten what brought them there, wasting energy and power. God's message is so strong that it will bring us eternal life. We are to pay attention, keep our focus, and incorporate that message into our daily lives

http://www.upperroom.org

 

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

All glory comes from daring to begin

50 DAYS UNTIL SPRING !

 

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

May there be a miracle in YOUR life today and may you have the EYES to SEE it!

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

To see archived ‘On the Bright Side’ Newsletters click on the link below: http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/ONTHEBRIGHTSIDE/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: