Monday, January 21, 2008

FOR TUESDAY, JANUARY 22ND, 2008

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

JANUARY 22ND, 2008

 

 

TODAY'S THOUGHT

If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome.

Anne Bradstreet

 

TODAY’S ACTION

Boost someone’s spirit, and you will raise yours as well

 

TODAY’S QUOTE

Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.

William Arthur Ward

 

HAPPY TUESDAY !!

We had another rare appearance of the sun yesterday and it warmed up to 22 degrees by the time evening came. Today is supposed to be ever a little warmer yet. I’m so glad as those bitter cold temps take a lot of me it seems.

Of course with a little warm also comes snow. We’ll see what happens, they say 1-3 inches. That won’t be too bad. Keep safe and warm all !

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

 

TODAY’S PRAYERS

 Lord, help me to listen to Your voice in all times and all places. Help me to answer Your call

 

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

 

25 WORDS

God, I thank You for today, for the ways You will bless me, and for the ways that I will serve others in Your name

 

TO REMEMBER… I am in the hands of God, and in God’s time all things will be made well.

 

TODAY IS…PEANUT BUTTER DAY

Originally called Nutmeal, peanut butter has only been around for 100 years. But, it's a staple in 85% of American homes, and we eat about 3 pounds of peanut butter per person each year ... that's a total of 700 million pounds - enough to coat the floor of the Grand Canyon! Children and women prefer creamy; men like the crunchy stuff. If you have Arachibutyrophobia? You're afraid of the peanut butter stuck to the roof of your mouth

 

TODAY’S TRIVIA

Today is Celebration of Life Day, a day to honor the gift of children and grandchildren

Today is International Day of Radiant Peace, peace that starts with each one of us.

Today is National Blonde Brownie Day

Today is Come In from the Cold Day

1946 - The Central Intelligence Group, which later became the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), was established by U.S. President Harry S Truman’s directive issued this day

1969: Glen Campbell was awarded his first gold record for Wichita Lineman

1984: Apple introduced the Macintosh, the first computer to use point-and-click technology

 

TODAY’S LINK

Giggles For My Friends

http://www.my-tgif.com/babies.htm

 

 TODAY’S SMILE

WHAT I HAVE LEARNED.....

I've learned that singing "Amazing Grace" can lift my spirits for hours. - Age 49

I've learned that motel mattresses are better on the side away from the phone. - Age 50

I've learned that you can tell a lot about a man by the way he handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights. - Age 52

I've learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you miss them terribly after they die. - Age 53

I've learned that making a living is not the same thing as making a life. - Age 58

I've learned that if you want to do something positive for your children, try to improve your marriage. - Age 61

I've learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance. - Age 62

I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands. You need to be able to throw something back. - Age 64

I've learned that if you pursue happiness, it will elude you. However, if you focus on your family, the needs of others, your work, meeting new people, and doing the very best you can, happiness will find you. - Age 65

I've learned that whenever I decide something with kindness, I usually make the right decision. - Age 66

I've learned that everyone can use a prayer. - Age 72

I've learned that it pays to believe in miracles. To tell the truth, I've seen several. - Age 73

I've learned that even when I have pains, I don't have to be one. - Age 82

I've learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone. People love that human touch - holding hands, a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back. - Age 85

I've learned that I still have a lot to learn. - Age 92

It seems I’ve learned most of these things and YES, I still have a lot to learn too – Age 63 almost 64

 

TODAY’S WORD

callow \KAL-oh\, adjective:

Immature; lacking adult perception, experience, or judgment

Callow is from Old English calu, featherless, bald

 

TODAY’S REFLECTION

Your word is like a lamp for my feet and a light for my path.

Psalm 119:105

God isn’t going to let you see the distant scene…So you might as well quit looking for it. He promises a lamp unto our feet, not a crystal ball into the future.

We do not need to know what will happen tomorrow. God is leading you. Leave tomorrow’s problems until tomorrow

One of 365 devotionals in Grace for the Moment, Volume 2 By Max Lucado

 

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

Begin winter pruning of fruit trees, and use the dried branches for kindling

Full Wolf Moon

This full Moon is also known as the Old Moon. To some Native American tribes, this was the Snow Moon, but most applied that name to the next full Moon, in February

58 DAYS UNTIL SPRING !

 

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

May there be a miracle in YOUR life today and may you have the EYES to SEE it!

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

 MA

 

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

To see archived ‘On the Bright Side’ Newsletters click on the link below: http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/ONTHEBRIGHTSIDE/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: