Tuesday, January 22, 2008

FOR WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 23RD, 2008

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

JANUARY 23rd, 2008

 

 

TODAY'S THOUGHT

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.

Theodore Roosevelt

 

TODAY’S ACTION

Face your challenges with determination and resiliency

 

TODAY’S QUOTE

 

The most aggravating thing about the younger generation is that I no longer belong to it.

Albert Einstein

 

HAPPY WEDNESDAY !!

We now are promised that an Alberta Clipper will come our way bringing more cold weather and more snow by evening. I think I’m beginning to sound like a broken record. Maybe it would be better if I choose something else to talk about.

I went for gas for the car yesterday and it was $3.05 a gallon. That’s not a good subject either. Let’s see …

Good News ! Everyone in my family is healthy and mostly happy as far as I know. That is a blessing. I’ve still got a job and that’s a good thing. The car is running great even in the cold weather…so you see there really are a few things to SMILE about.

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

 

TODAY’S PRAYERS

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

 

25 WORDS

God, I thank You for today, for the ways You will bless me, and for the ways that I will serve others in Your name

 

TO REMEMBER… I am in the hands of God, and in God’s time all things will be made well.

 

TODAY IS…COLD CREAM DAY

Is cold cream really cold? Yes, it is - because it's made with a lot of water. The water evaporates when you put it on your warm face, so... it gives you a cooling sensation. It was first made by Galen, a Greek physician living in Rome, in 157 A.D. His formula was one part wax melted into 3 parts olive oil to soften the skin. The formula has changed over the centuries, but cold cream has always been one of the simplest and safest cosmetics ever made.

 

TODAY’S TRIVIA

Today is National Pie Day

Today is National Handwriting Day

John Hancock, statesman and patriot, was born in Braintree, Massachusetts in 1737. Although major sources state that John Hancock was born on January 12 of that year, others were so sure hisbirthday was on January 23 that it was designated as National Handwriting Day in his honor. Mr. Hancock, as the President of the Continental Congress from 1775 to 1777, was the first to put his signature on the Declaration of Independence

Today is Cold, Cold, Cold Day! The coldest temperature ever recorded in the United States was at Prospect Creek Camp, Alaska, in 1971: a record 79.8 degrees below zero Fahrenheit

1789 - Georgetown College was established as the first Catholic college in the United States. The school is in Washington, DC.

1907 - Charles Curtis of Kansas began serving in the United States Senate. He was the first American Indian to become a U.S. Senator. He resigned in March of 1929 to become President Herbert Hoover’s Vice President.

 

TODAY’S LINK

 A BEAUTIFUL REMINDER http://wandascountryhome.com/reminder/

 

TODAY’S SMILE

When I was in my younger days, I weighed a few pounds less,

I needn't hold my tummy in To wear a belted dress.

But now that I am older, I've set my body free;

There's comfort of elastic Where once my waist would be.

Inventor of those high-heeled shoes My feet have not forgiven;

I have to wear a nine now, But used to wear a seven.

And how about those pantyhose - They're sized by weight, you see, So how come when I put them on, The crotch is at my knees?

I need to wear these glasses As the prints were getting smaller;

And it wasn't very long ago I know that I was taller.

Though my hair has turned to silver and my skin no longer fits,

On the inside, I'm the same old me, Just the outside's changed a bit

Author Unknown .

 

TODAY’S WORD

permeate \PUR-mee-ayt\, transitive verb:

1. To spread or diffuse through.

2. To pass through the pores or openings of.

intransitive verb:

1. To spread through or penetrate something.

Permeate is from Latin permeare, "to go through, to pass through," from per-, "through" + meare, "to go, to pass

 

TODAY’S REFLECTION

Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.

Psalm 139:7-10

Over and over, the Bible tells us that God is always with us. Today's scripture assures us that we can't get away from him. We are his children and he loves us. He is always with us. Yet we constantly doubt and often cry out, "Where are you, Lord? Have you forgotten me

When life is going well, it is wise to keep in close touch with God through Bible study, prayer and fellowship with other believers. These activities increase our awareness of God's presence. We learn lessons from our Savior's life; we talk with God daily and look for his guidance; we are inspired by the faith of others. Then when tough times hit us -- and they will -- we have the faith to know that God is near and we are filled with courage and hope.

 http://www.ourprayer.org

 

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

Diamonds are just little chunks of coal that stuck to their job

57 DAYS UNTIL SPRING !

 

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

May there be a miracle in YOUR life today and may you have the EYES to SEE it!

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

 

MY HOMEPAGE

 I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

 

To see archived ‘On the Bright Side’ Newsletters click on the link below: http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/ONTHEBRIGHTSIDE/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: