Monday, January 7, 2008

FOR TUESDAY, JANUARY 8TH, 2007

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

JANUARY 8TH, 2008

 

TODAY'S THOUGHT

And in the end it''s not the years in your life that count. It''s the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln

 

TODAY’S ACTION

Rejoice, the future is full of promise

 

TODAY’S QUOTE

Our workaday lives are filled with opportunities to bless others. The power of a single glance or an encouraging smile must never be underestimated.

G. Richard Rieger

 

HAPPY TUESDAY !!

Yesterday we were in the mid 60’s and it seemed very much like Spring outside. I even took the ‘silver streak’ to the car wash to get the salt rinsed off it. When it snows around here they really do poor the salt on the roads and my car needed it badly.

After last winter I noticed a little rust on the inside of the rear wheel well and after this winter I’ll probably have more.

This must be the traditional January thaw.

The record high for Monday is 63 degrees which was set back in 1907, when Theodore Roosevelt was President of the United States...that's a very old record which is in jeopardy of falling.

Bottom line: PLENTY OF WINTER LEFT TO GO!!

Meanwhile, enjoy "The January Thaw". Statistically speaking, it won't last...you can pretty much count on that.

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

 

TODAY’S PRAYERS

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

 

25 WORDS

God, I thank You for today, for the ways You will bless me, and for the ways that I will serve others in Your name

 

TO REMEMBER…

I am in the hands of God, and in God’s time all things will be made well.

 

TODAY IS…BUBBLING BATH DAY

Mix 1 part any type of shampoo (use a "tear free" baby shampoo for kids) to 2 parts plain water. Shake well. The bubbles will settle into a nice bubble bath solution. Pour a little under running water as you fill the tub, and.... voile'! Your own bubbling bath!

 

TODAY’S TRIVIA

Today is National Eat Something Raw Day

Today is Elvis's birthday. He would be 72

Today is National Bubble Bath Day

1889: Dr. Herman Hollerith of New York patented the first electric computer to process data. The company he founded to market the invention evolved into IBM.

1935: Elvis Presley was born in Tupelo, Mississippi.

1946: For his 11th birthday, Elvis Presley asked for a bicycle. Instead, his father bought him a guitar

 

TODAY’S SMILE .

I ASKED GOD . . .

I asked God for strength, that I might achieve, I was made weak, that I might learn humbly to obey.

I asked for health, that I might do greater things, I was given infirmity, that I might do better things.

I asked for riches, that I might be happy, I was given poverty, that I might be wise.

I asked for power, that I might have the praise of men, I was given weakness, that I might feel the need of God.

 I asked for all things, that I might enjoy life, I was given life, that I might enjoy all things.

I got nothing that I asked for - but everything I had hoped for. Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered.

 I am, among all men, most richly blessed

Anonymous Confederate Soldier

 

TODAY’S WORD

scrabble \SKRAB-uhl\, intransitive verb:

1. To scrape or scratch with the hands or feet.

2. To struggle by or as if by scraping or scratching.

3. To proceed by clawing with the hands and feet; to scramble.

4. To make irregular, crooked, or unmeaning marks; to scribble; to scrawl.

transitive verb:

1. To mark with irregular lines or letters; to scribble on or over. 2. To make or obtain by scraping together hastily.

noun:

1. The act or an instance of scrabbling.

2. A scribble.

Scrabble derives from Dutch schrabbelen, from Middle Dutch, frequentative of schrabben, "to scrape; to scratch."

 

TODAY’S REFLECTION

Folly is joy to him who is destitute of discernment, but a man of understanding walks uprightly.

Proverbs 15:21

Sometimes Christians follow an “open door” policy. When a door of opportunity opens, they assume that it’s God’s will to go through it. Just because the Lord doesn’t stop us from something doesn’t mean He wants us to continue.

To discern which opportunities to pursue, we need to “approve the things that are excellent” and to be “filled with the fruits of righteousness . . . to the glory and praise of God” (Phil. 1:10-11).

The best way to know God’s will is to say “I will” to God.

OUR DAILY BREAD http://www.rbc.org

 

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

Dry winter air and indoor heating systems can cause sinuses to act up. For relief, try a warm compress made from a decoction of cloves and gingerroot. The moist heat of the compress encourages drainage, and the inhaled steam of the ginger and cloves helps to clear nasal passages.

72 DAYS UNTIL SPRING !

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

 Psalm 37:4

May there be a miracle in YOUR life today and may you have the EYES to SEE it!

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

To see archived ‘On the Bright Side’ Newsletters click on the link below: http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/ONTHEBRIGHTSIDE/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

No comments: