Wednesday, June 18, 2008

FOR WEDNESDAY, JUNE 18TH, 2008

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

JUNE 18TH, 2008

TODAY'S THOUGHT

When you get up in the morning, you have two choices – either to be happy or to be unhappy. Just choose to be happy.

 Dr. Norman Vincent Peale

TODAY’S ACTION

Boost someone’s spirit, and you will raise yours as well

TODAY’S QUOTE

Every thought is a seed. If you plant crab apples, don't count on harvesting Golden Delicious.

Bill Meyer

HAPPY WEDNESDAY !!

OVER THE HUMP DAY

AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DD AND DS#3

May the dear Lord bless you both today and always!

It’ll be another cool day here in northern Ohio today. Yesterday never got up in the 70’s at all but it seemed warmer as it was humid I suppose. Today will be another busy one and then we slow down to a creep at work for Thursday and Fridays . Those are the days that seem longer than all the rest because there is little of nothing to do. I guess I gotta be thankful that they keep paying me for 5 days of work when I really only do 3.

Friday after work I’ll head to the camper which has become the usual thing now to do for the weekend. April through October, with very few exceptions, that’s where I’ll be every weekend. I’m really thankful for the camper as now I have something to look forward to each week.

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

TODAY’S PRAYERS

 Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

GOD BLESS YOU!

25 WORDS

God, I thank You for today, for the ways You will bless me, and for the ways that I will serve others in Your name

TO REMEMBER…

I am in the hands of God, and in God’s time all things will be made well.

TODAY IS…GO FISHING DAY

The biggest fish in the world is the great whale shark. It's a shark, not a whale, that can weigh up to 17 tons and grow as big as a bus. If you're interested in catching something smaller, you've got lots of company on the net. There are tons of fishing reports, message boards, and articles for all types of anglers. Just type "fishing" into your favorite search engine

TODAY’S TRIVIA

Today is National Splurge Day, a day to have fun

Today is National Cherry Tart Day

1861 - The first American fly-casting tournament was held in Utica, NY. Lots of anglers cast for fishing prizes and were hooked on the idea

1898 - Atlantic City, NJ opened its Steel Pier to a large summertime seashore crowd. The world-famous Steel Pier over the Atlantic Ocean offered 9-1/2 miles of amusements, concerts, food, beverages, concessions and more. The Steel Pier once featured a horse that would dive into a pool at the end of the pier, in fact. The summer resort gave many a youngster their start in show biz, like Ed McMahon, who used to be a barker on the ocean pier

 1948: Columbia Records publicly unveiled its new long-playing phonograph record in New York. It played at 33 and 1/3 revolutions per minute

1983: Astronaut Sally Ride became America's first woman in space as she and four colleagues blasted off aboard the space shuttle Challenger

 2000: Tiger Woods won the U.S. Open by a record 15 strokes

TODAY’S SMILE

Someday when my children are old enough to understand the logic that motivates a parent, I will tell them, as my Difficult Mom told me:

I loved you enough . . . to ask you where you were going, with whom, and what time you would be home.

I loved you enough to be silent and let you discover that your new best friend was a creep.

 I loved you enough to stand over you for two hours while you cleaned your room. . . a job that should have taken 15 minutes.

 I loved you enough to let you see anger, disappointment, and tears in my eyes. Children must learn that their parents aren't perfect.

I loved you enough to let you assume responsibility for your actions even when the penalties were so harsh they almost broke my heart.

 But most of all, I loved you enough . .. . to say NO when I knew you would hate me for it. Those were the most difficult battles of all, but I'm glad I won them, because in the end you won, too! And someday when your children are old enough to understand the logic that motivates a parent, you will tell them.

 Was your Mom difficult? I know mine was. We had the most difficult mother in the whole world! While other kids ate candy for breakfast, we had to have cereal, eggs, and toast. When others had a Pepsi and a Twinkie for lunch, we had to eat sandwiches. And you can guess our mother fixed us a dinner that was different from what other kids had, too.

Mother insisted on knowing where we were at all times. You'd think we were convicts in a prison. She had to know who our friends were, and what we were doing with them. She insisted that if we said we would be gone for an hour, we would be gone for an hour or less.

We were ashamed to admit it, but she had the nerve to break the Child Labor Laws by making us work. We had to wash the dishes, make the beds, learn to cook, vacuum the floor, do laundry, empty the trash and all sorts of cruel jobs. I think she would lie awake at night thinking of more things for us to do.

She always insisted on us telling the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. By the time we were teenagers, I think she could read our minds and I swear she had eyes in the back of her head.

Then, life was really tough! Mother wouldn't let our friends just honk the horn when they drove up. They had to come up to the door so she could meet them. While everyone else could date when they were 12 or 13, we had to wait until we were 16.

Because of our mother we missed out on lots of things other kids experienced. None of us have ever been caught shoplifting, vandalizing other's property or ever arrested for any crime. It was all her fault.

Now that we have left home, we are all educated, honest adults. We are doing our best to be difficult parents just like Mom was. I think that is what's wrong with the world today.

Attributed to Erma Bombeck

TODAY’S WORD

verdure \VUR-jur\, noun:

Green; greenness; freshness of vegetation; as, the verdure of the meadows in June.

Verdure is from Old French verd, green, from Latin viridis

TODAY’S REFLECTION

All the angels stood around the throne…saying: ‘Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom…be to our God forever and ever.

Revelation 7:11-12

Only one sight enthralls angels—God’s face. They know that he is Lord of all. And, as a result, they worship him. Whether in the temple with Isaiah or the pasture with the Bethlehem shepherds, angels worship… Doesn’t their worship proclaim volumes about God’s beauty?

Angels could gaze at the Grand Tetons and Grand Canyon, Picasso paintings and the Sistine Chapel, but they choose, instead, to fix their eyes on the glory of God. They can’t see enough of him, and they can’t be silent about what they see

 1 of 365 devotionals in Grace for the Moment, Volume 2

By Max Lucado

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

A hot compress with lavender oil on it may help ease a headache

June 18th, THE FULL STAWBERRY MOON

The Algonquin tribes knew this Moon as a time to gather ripening strawberries. It is also known as the Rose Moon and the Hot Moon

2 DAYS UNTIL SUMMER !

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

May there be a miracle in YOUR life today and may you have the EYES to SEE it!

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

 MY HOMEPAGE

 I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’ www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

To see archived ‘On the Bright Side’ Newsletters click on the link below: http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/ONTHEBRIGHTSIDE/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a difficult Mother too!  Sometimes I wish I could go back and be more difficult than I was.