Monday, June 16, 2008

FOR MONDAY, JUNE 16TH, 2008

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

JUNE 16TH, 2008

TODAY'S THOUGHT

Grow old along with me, the best is yet to be.

Robert Browning

TODAY’S ACTION

Revisit a goal that you have abandoned and ask yourself why you have let it go

TODAY’S QUOTE

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright

 

HAPPY MONDAY !!

BACK TO WORK !

Now that I’m all relaxed and refreshed I should be ready for a new work week for sure. The trouble is, of course, the adjustment of working again is not an easy one to make.

 On my calendar for the coming week is Tuesday night dulcimer with my friends and Thursday night Bible Study. Otherwise it will be a long 5 day work week as usual with a few quiet evenings in between.

DSIL found out this weekend that DS#2’s visit to the camper the 4th of July week will be ‘free’. The nice people at the campground are offering free stays to military personnel. That is true American Spirit for sure. I really will have to thank them for being so good to our military folks.

I hope your weekend was a great one and you are ready for a new week too!

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

TODAY’S PRAYERS

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

GOD BLESS YOU!

 25 WORDS

God, I thank You for today, for the ways You will bless me, and for the ways that I will serve others in Your name

 TO REMEMBER…

I am in the hands of God, and in God’s time all things will be made well.

TODAY IS…SPILL THE SALT DAY

Salt was our first food seasoning. It also purified water, preserved meat and medicated wounds. It was so highly prized that spilling it became a bad omen. The Sumarians, Egyptians and Greeks all used the gesture of throwing a pinch of salt over the left shoulder to ward off bad luck. The Romans gave their soldiers special allowances for salt rations called salarium (meaning "salt money").

This is the origin of our word "salary" today

 TODAY’S TRIVIA

Today is National Fudge Day

 Today is Ladies Day, marking the first time ladies were admitted free to a major-league baseball game on this date in

1883. Their hosts were the New York Giants

Today is Vinegar Day

1858: Senate candidate Abraham Lincoln said in a speech in Springfield, Illinois, the slavery issue had to be resolved, declaring, "A house divided against itself cannot stand

1891: The George A. Hormel & Company was founded in Austin, Minnesota. In 1937 it introduced Spam, now the world’s biggest selling canned meat product.

1903: A U.S. patent was issued for a soft drink formula called Pepsi-Cola

1903: Ford Motor Company was incorporated

1952 - Gale Storm (Margie Albright) and Charles Farrell (Vernon Albright) starred in "My Little Margie" which debuted on CBS-TV on this day.

 TODAY’S SMILE

After trying a new shampoo for the first time, Dewey mailed off an enthusiastic letter of approval to the manufacturer. Several weeks later he came home from work to a large carton in the middle of the floor. Inside were free samples of the many products the same company produced: soaps, detergents, tooth paste, and paper items... with a "thank you" note from the manufacturer.

"Well, What do you think?" asked his smiling wife, Olga. "I think that next time," Dewey replied. "I'm writing to Toyota".

 

ONE MORE....

 John went to a psychiatrist: "I've got problems. Every time I go to bed, I think there's somebody under it. I'm scared. I think I'm going crazy." "Just put yourself in my hands for one year," said the shrink. "Come talk to me three times a week, and we should be able to get rid of those fears."

"How much do you charge?" John asked warily. "Each visit is $150," replied the doctor. "Well, I'll sleep on it." Six months later the doctor bumped into John on the street: "Why didn't you ever come to see me about those fears you were having?" "Well, one hundred and fifty bucks a visit three times a week for a year is an awful lot of money!

A friend at work cured me for nothing. I was so happy to have saved all that money that I went and bought myself a new pickup!" "Is that so?! And how, may I ask, did your friend cure you?" "He told me to cut the legs off the bed!"

TODAY’S WORD

 hyperbole \hy-PUHR-buh-lee\, noun:

Extravagant exaggeration

Hyperbole comes from Greek hyperbole, "excess," from hyperballein, "to exceed," from hyper, "beyond" + ballein, "to throw.".

TODAY’S REFLECTION

Path to Peace

Psalm 34:15-16

Turn from evil, and do good; seek peace, and follow after it. The Lord has eyes for the just, and ears for their cry.

Jesus invites us to follow him and become his disciples. We must strive to have the mind and heart of Jesus. The psalmist tells us how to begin this transformation: "Turn from evil, and do good." He also encourages us to "seek peace, and follow after it." True peace flows from our personal relationship with the Lord. When we enjoy genuine peace, it naturally radiates through us to others. Then we become peacemakers. Jesus pronounced a blessing for peacemakers: "Blest too the peacemakers; they shall be called sons of God."(Mt 5:9)

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

Pinch off the tops of sweet pea plants to promote busy growth

 4 DAYS TIL SUMMER !

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

 Psalm 37:4

May there be a miracle in YOUR life today and may you have the EYES to SEE it!

I Love You All !!!

 Be Blessed !!!

MA

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THEBRIGHT SIDE’ www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

To see archived ‘On the Bright Side’ Newsletters click on the link below: http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/ONTHEBRIGHTSIDE/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

 

No comments: