Wednesday, April 9, 2008

FOR WEDNESDAY, APRIL 9th, 2008

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE APRIL 9TH, 2008

TODAY'S THOUGHT

Nothing makes you like other human beings so much as doing things for them.

Zora Neale Hurston

TODAY’S ACTION

Share with others how important they are to you

TODAY’S QUOTE

I can do what you can't do, and you can do what I can't do. Together we can do great things.

Mother Teresa

HAPPY WEDNESDAY !!

OVER THE HUMP DAY

It does seem like Wednesdays at work are the hardest day of the week to make it through…but after today the weekend is almost here again.

We were blessed with more sunshine yesterday as the rain doesn’t move in until today. It has just felt so great to step out side and not be freezing.

I know I might sound like a broken record, but this nice weather we’ve had has been just what a lot of us needed. The winter was just too cold and too long.

This evening I’ll be working at getting the laundry done, then tomorrow night is my Bible Study. It’s been a pretty quiet week here for sure.

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

TODAY’S PRAYERS

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time ofneed. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

GOD BLESS YOU !

 

25 WORDS

God, I thank You for today, for the ways You will bless me, and for the ways that I will serve others in Your name

 

TO REMEMBER…

I am in the hands of God, and in God’s time all things will be made well.

TODAY IS…SAFETY PIN DAY

Before buttonholes, the world got dressed with pins. The Romans fastened their robes at the shoulder with a straight pin that had a coil in the middle allowing it to bend. This evolved into a U-shaped pin about 1000 B.C. - and pin makers eventually started to cover the sharp end with wire. During the late Middle Ages, the British decided pins should only be sold on certain days of the year. Women began saving "pin money" to go to the shops to buy their pins.

TODAY’S TRIVIA

Today is National Chinese Almond Cookie Day

Today is National Cherish An Antique Day

1833 - The first municipally supported public library in the U.S. was established in Peterborough, NH

1872 - S.R. Percy of New York City received a patent for dried milk.

1953 - Warner Brothers, the first of the major Hollywood studios to introduce 3-D motion pictures, chose this day to premiere The House of Wax at the Paramount Theatre in New York City

TODAY’S SMILE

Taxes

A fine is a tax you pay for doing wrong, and a tax is a fine you pay for doing all right.

Everybody should pay his income tax with a smile. I tried it, but they wanted cash.

I went to Washington and visited the Tax Department. I just wanted to see the people I'm working for.

I'm putting all my money in taxes--it is the only thing sure to go up.

Patrick Henry should come back to see what taxation with representation is like.

A taxpayer is a person who has the government on his payroll.

ONE MORE…

I was so proud to see my 2-yr. old grandson walking around waving one of my extra car flags in he living room the other day. He had taken it off the table when I went into the kitchen and was waving it high above his head, singing..."God Bwess 'Merica."

It brought chills bumps over my arms and tears to my eyes as I returned to the living room to see what he was up to. I immediately starting waving my hands up in the air too, joining in on his song, and praising him on how good he was doing.

A few minutes of singing and he headed off to his next adventure. However before he took flight, I spun him in my direction to head him off and asked, "Where did you learn to sing that song?" He quickly replied, "daycare."

I am very proud that both of my grandsons learned to sing God Bless America at their daycare. They also recite the Pledge of Allegiance every morning. Does this make me proud too? Absolutely.

So what is my youngest grandson up to lately? He is fascinated over the American flag. Every time we take a drive in the car that little head pops up in his car seat and he screams, "Look Nannee a fwag!"

I have to say, "What kind of flag is that?" He excitedly replies, "merica". The pride glows on his face. We still sing "God Bwess 'merica" and we still recite the "Pwedge of 'wegence" too.

Author unknown

TODAY’S WORD

voluble \VOL-yuh-buhl\, adjective:

1. Characterized by a ready flow of speech.

2. Easily rolling or turning; rotating.

3. (Botany) Having the power or habit of turning or twining

Voluble derives from Latin volubilis, "revolving, rolling, fluent," from volvere, to roll

TODAY’S REFLECTION

I am the bread of life. John 6:35-40

All of us have different needs: the need for belonging, the need for fulfillment, the need for the exchange of love. These needs are the hunger and thirst of every human being.

With Jesus in our lives, we can face all that life has in store for us with love. The sustenance Jesus offers is always on offer. With Jesus, we will find that that the quality of each activity or moment is enhanced with a gentler, more balanced dimension.

Online Prayer – A reflection of the daily Gospel http://churchresources.info/pray/gospel.php

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

To help you have more energy, wear red

 72 DAYS TIL SUMMER !

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

May there be a miracle in YOUR life today and may you have the EYES to SEE it!

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

 MA

MY HOMEPAGE

 I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’ www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

To see archived ‘On the Bright Side’ Newsletters click on the link below: http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/ONTHEBRIGHTSIDE/

 BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When this day goes "wrong" I enjoy remembering...I can start over tomorrow..Aren't new beginnings a blessing.