Friday, April 25, 2008

FOR F R I D A Y, APRIL 25TH, 2008

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

APRIL 25TH, 2008

TODAY'S THOUGHT

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable

Helen Keller

TODAY’S ACTION

Have great hopes and dare to go all out for them.

TODAY’S QUOTE

A smile is the lighting system of the face,

the cooling system of the head and

the heating system of the heart

HAPPY FINALLY F R I DAY!

I wish I could say that I’m headed for the camper after work today, but I’m not. This evening I’ll be home and will try to bake a cake for our Princess’ party tomorrow. She’ll make her first communion tomorrow and there will be a little celebration afterward. I’ll be leaving early tomorrow morning so that I can get to their house before they leave for church so that I can leave my beagle there.

After the little party, and if the weather is ok, I’ll head to the camper. We’ll see… The weather here has just been beautiful all week long. So many times they said we might get rain, but we didn’t. Everything is growing, getting green and blooming too.

We even have those little yellow things blooming in the grass. Dandelions are pretty and bright, but I really don’t need them in my yard for sure.

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

GOD BLESS YOU!

25 WORDS

God, I thank You for today, for the ways You will bless me, and for the ways that I will serve others in Your name

TODAY IS…TUNA SANDWICH DAY

Is tuna fish about to replace peanut butter and jelly as everyone's favorite sandwich filling? It looks like the answer is "yes"! Canned tuna has been around for 100 years and is a staple in 85% of American kitchens. A rich source of protein, it's also low-fat and has lots of other nutrients. But, for sandwich lovers, versitility is the key. Starting with a base of tuna and mayonnaise, you can go on a sandwich adventure. Almost anything can be blended with tuna.

Experiment

TODAY’S TRIVIA

Today is National Arbor Day, a day to honor and plant trees since 1872

Today is Duck Appreciation Day. Go ahead, feed the ducks

Today is National Zucchini Bread Day

1928: The first guide dog was trained to help a blind owner. Buddy, a German Shepherd, became the companion of Morris Frank

1954 - The prototype manufacture of a new solar battery was announced by the Bell Laboratories in New York City

1959 - The St. Lawrence Seaway opened to traffic, saving shippers millions of dollars. By going from the sea to the Great Lakes across upstate New York , folks no longer had to ship goods the long, costly over land

TODAY’S SMILE

I dreamt that I went to Heaven and an angel was showing me around. We walked side-by-side inside a large workroom filled with angels. My angel guide stopped in front of the first section and said, "This is the Receiving Section. Here, all prayers to God are received."

I looked around in this area, seeing every prayer routed directly to God. Then we moved on down a long corridor until we reached the second section. The angel then said to me, "This is the Packaging and Delivery Section. Here, the prayer answers - the graces and blessings the people asked for are sent directly to those who asked for them."

So many blessings were being packaged for delivery to Earth. Finally at the farthest end of the long corridor we stopped at the door of a very small station. "This is the Acknowledgment Section," my angel friend quietly admitted to me. He seemed embarrassed. "How is it that? There's no work going on here?" I asked. "So sad," the angel sighed. "After people receive the blessings that they asked for, very few send back acknowledgments.”

How does one acknowledge God's blessings?" I asked. "Simple," the angel answered. "Just say, "Thank you, Lord" "What blessings should they acknowledge?" I asked.

 "If you have food in the refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof overhead and a place to sleep ... you are richer than 75% of this world.” If you have money in the bank, in your wallet, and spare change in a dish, you are among the top 8% of the world's wealthy. And if you get this on your own computer, you are part of the 1% in the world who has that.

Also If you woke up this morning with more health than illness ... you are more blessed than the many who will not even survive this day." "If you have never experienced the fear in battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation ... you are ahead of 700 million people in the world. If you can attend a church meeting without the fear of harassment, arrest, torture or death ... you are envied by, and more blessed than, three billion people in the world."

 TODAY’S WORD

winsome \WIN-suhm\, adjective:

1. Cheerful; merry; gay; light-hearted.

2. Causing joy or pleasure; agreeable; pleasant

Winsome is from Old English wynsum, from wynn, "joy" + -sum (equivalent to Modern English -some), characterized by

TODAY’S REFLECTION

Very truly, I tell you, the one who believes in me will also do the works that I do and, in fact, will do greater works than these, because I am going to the Father. I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If in my name you ask me for anything, I will do it.

John 14:12-14

Jesus says that he will do whatever we ask as long as it is in keeping with who he is and what he is doing. Jesus reminds us that the reason he says "yes" to us is so that God can be seen for who God is

Jesus wants to do for us everything he can to help us become the people we were created to be and to continue the work he began. When we ask with a desire to fulfill God’s call upon our lives, Jesus says "yes" so that we can be the best we can be.

http://www.d365.org

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

To dream of a clear Moon portends success

56 DAYS UNTIL SUMMER!

 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

May there be a miracle in YOUR life today and may you have the EYES to SEE it!

I Love You All !!! Be Blessed !!!

MA

 MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

To see archived ‘On the Bright Side’ Newsletters click on the link below: http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/ONTHEBRIGHTSIDE/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6 http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

No comments: