Wednesday, March 19, 2008

FOR WEDNESDAY, MARCH 19TH,2008

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

MARCH 19TH, 2008

 

TODAY'S THOUGHT

The only difference between stumbling blocks and steppingstones is the way in which we use them.

Anonymous

 

TODAY’S ACTION

Imagine the impossible

 

TODAY’S QUOTE

Listen or thy tongue will keep thee deaf.

American Indian Proverb

 

HAPPY WEDNESDAY !!

OVER THE HUMP DAY

It is day 3 of my 10 days with only me holding down the fort in the office. It was a busy day yesterday and today should be pretty busy too…after that I’ll have to resort to cleaning up the office I guess.

Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays are the ‘defined work’ days…Thursdays and Fridays are catch up days. When we are busy busy I need those 2 days to get it all done.

It rained off and on all day yesterday and will again today, then they say maybe snow showers. I don’t know what happened to the good long range report I saw on Sunday, but it has gone downhill since then.

The coming weekend has a chance of snow too! I hope the forecast changes a little before then as I’m supposed to be driving down to DS#1’s house. That is a 2 hour long drive and I don’t like traveling by myself let alone going in bad weather.

I heard from DS#2 last night and he goes for the Lasik eye surgery this morning. I’ll be praying for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery for him. I know many have had this done and have been well pleased with the results.

Take good care all !

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

 

TODAY’S PRAYERS

Lord, help me to take the opportunities You give me and work with them, not against them

Five years ago today, U.S. and British forces attacked Iraq…Please pray for Peace.

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

 

25 WORDS

 God, I thank You for today, for the ways You will bless me, and for the ways that I will serve others in Your name

 

TO REMEMBER…

I am in the hands of God, and in God’s time all things will be made well.

 

TODAY IS…LET’S LAUGH DAY!

Laughter may be the common language of the world, but it's also good medicine. Laughing reduces stress, strengthens your heart, is good for your lungs and improves your immune system - it also makes your face look nice. If you are too busy to laugh, you are too busy

 

TODAY’S TRIVIA

Today is Swallows Day at San Juan Capistrano, California. Traditionally, the swallows return each year on St. Joseph's Day

Today is National Chocolate Caramel Day

Today is Let's Laugh Day

721 BC: The first solar eclipse ever recorded was observed by the Babylonians, according to Ptolemy

1931: Alka-Seltzer went on sale for the first time

1953: The Academy Awards ceremony was televised for the first time with proceedings in Hollywood and New York. "The Greatest Show on Earth," was named best picture of 1952

1957: Elvis Presley bought his Graceland estate in Memphis

TODAY’S SMILE SWALLOWS OF CAPISTRANO

The miracle of the swallows of Capistrano takes place each year at the Mission San Juan Capistrano, on March 19th, St. Joseph's Day. As the little birds wing their way back to the most famous Mission in California, the village of San Juan Capistrano takes on a fiesta air and the visitors from all parts of the world, and all walks of life, gather in great numbers to witness the "miracle" of the return of the swallows.

Each year the "scout swallows" precede the main flock by a few days and it seems to be their chief duty to clear the way for the main flock to arrive at the "Old Mission" of Capistrano. With the arrival of early dawn on March 19, St. Joseph's Day, the little birds begin to arrive and begin rebuilding their mud nests, which are clinging to the ruins of the old stone church of San Juan Capistrano.

The arches of the two story, high vaulted Chapel were left bare and exposed, as the roof collapsed during the earthquake of 1812.

This Chapel, said to be the largest and most ornate in any of the missions, now has a more humble destiny -- that of housing the birds that St. Francis loved so well. After the summer spent within the sheltered walls of the Old Mission in San Juan Capistrano, the swallows take flight again, and on the Day of San Juan, October 23, they leave after circling the Mission bidding farewell to the "Jewel of all Missions" -- San Juan Capistrano, California.

Remarkably, the swallows begin their flight on the morning of February 18th, in Goya, Corrientes, Argentina, and fly exactly 7,500 miles in 30 days to come back to Capistrano. During the thirty days that the voyage lasts, they do not eat or drink, since they fly from dawn to sunset in order not to waste time. They fly 18 miles per hour

TODAY’S WORD

nefarious \nuh-FAIR-ee-uhs\, adjective:

Wicked in the extreme; iniquitous

Nefarious is from Latin nefarius, from nefas, "that which is contrary to divine command; a crime, transgression, sin," from ne-, "not" + fas, divine command or law

 

TODAY’S REFLECTION

I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify Him with thanksgiving.

Psalms 69:30

I slid into the front seat of my friend’s car and almost knocked a little book to the floor. As I grabbed for it, I saw it was a Bible.

"I use that while I’m waiting at a train crossing," she said. "I used to sit and fume as those freight cars clicked past. Then I realized I could make that part of my day’s worship time. Try it," she said. "You’ll be surprised at how rewarding it is."

I did try it, and it is rewarding. So rewarding that it became a real challenge to find different opportunities during the day for my mini-devotional periods.

While I wash dishes, run the vacuum cleaner, garden —all of these are great times to recite or memorize Scripture verses, singing hymns or lifting up thankful thoughts to our Father. And how good it is, when sleep comes, to realize how much time I’ve spent with Him that day

Our Prayer Companion http://www.ourprayer.org

 

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

Many a truth is spoken in jest

1 DAY UNTIL SPRING !

The vernal equinox occurs on March 20

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

May there be a miracle in YOUR life today

and may you have the EYES to SEE it!

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

MY HOMEPAGE

 I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

 http://onyama.blogspot.com/

To see archived ‘On the Bright Side’ Newsletters click on the link below: http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/ONTHEBRIGHTSIDE/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

 

No comments: