Thursday, March 6, 2008

FOR THURSDAY, MARCH 6th, 2008

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

MARCH 6TH, 2008

 

TODAY'S THOUGHT

Sign on a fence out in the countryside:

If you cross this field you had better do it in 9.8 seconds.

The bull can do it in 10 seconds.

 NO TRESPASSING

 

TODAY’S ACTION

Have courage to make the right decision even when it seems obvious and straightforward

 

TODAY’S QUOTE

Friends are kisses blown to us by angels.

Author Unknown

 

HAPPY THURSDAY !!

GOING FROM BAD TO WORSE

 I got to work just fine yesterday. I put the car in reverse and said if I make it out of the drive then I’ll go to work, I did and even though the roads were terrible I made it .

Then when I came home I got stuck in the driveway. It seems about 4 inches of frozen ice was covering most of the drive.

My next door sister had been out chipping away at it all day, off and on, as she had a ‘SNOW DAY’ off from work, but that ice was more than she or I could handle. We cleared tracks forme to get unstuck and I got the car in the garage, but who knows if I’ll make it out of the driveway or not when I try to go to work this morning.

I think I have really had it with winter and I’m sure I’m not the only one. We are supposed to have partly cloudy skies with a high near 40 today but tonight the snow will return…I don’t know if any will melt off before the new stuff comes or not.

Have a great day all ! Another wonderful one on the Way !

 

TODAY’S PRAYERS

Please pray for God's protection of our troops and HIS wisdom for their commanders.

Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL !

 

25 WORDS

God, I thank You for today, for the ways You will bless me, and for the ways that I will serve others in Your name

 

TO REMEMBER…

I am in the hands of God, and in God’s time all things will be made well.

 

TODAY IS…BROWNIE PIE DAY

What will they think of next? Combining two favorite desserts (brownies and cheesecake), this recipe took the top prize at the 50th Anniversary Pillsbury Bake-Off Contest. Now... who am I to argue - especially when chocolate is involved

1 (9") pie crust

1 (8-oz) pkg cream cheese

3 tablespoons sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla

3 eggs

1 (15.1-oz) pkg Hot Fudge Swirl Brownie Mix

1/4 cup oil

2 tablespoons water

1/2 cup chopped pecans

1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F

2) In medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and 1 egg. Beat until smooth. Reserve hot fudge packet from the brownie mix for the topping.

3) In large bowl, combine brownie mix, oil, 1 tablespoon of water and 2 eggs. Beat 50 strokes with a spoon.

4) Spread 1/2 cup of the brownie mixture in the bottom of the pie crust. Spoon cream cheese mixture over the brownie layer and smooth carefully. Top with remaining brownie mixture - spread evenly and sprinkle on pecans.

5) Bake for 40 to 50 minutes until center is puffed (it may have cracks in it). Cover edges of crust with foil if it browns too fast.

6) Heat the hot fudge packet in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir in 1 tablespoon of water and drizzle over the top of the pie. Cool 3 hours and store in the refrigerator.

 

TODAY’S TRIVIA

Today is Headache Day, marking the patenting of aspirin on this date in 1899. On the same day, the Bayer Company trademarked the name aspirin for the medicine developed by German chemist Friedrich Hoffman. Aspirin is also known as acetylsalicylic acid

Today is Peace Corps Day, marking founding of the corps on March 1st, 1961, celebrated on the first Tuesday in March

1902 Census Bureau forms

1959: The Drifters recorded There Goes My Baby.

 

TODAY’S SMILE

Just a note to remind you that March 5 is National Procrastination Day!.

 

Procrastination is the thief of time

 

TODAY’S WORD

busker \BUS-kur\, noun:

A person who entertains (as by playing music) in public places

Busker is from busk, "to seek to entertain by singing and dancing," probably from Spanish buscar, to seek

 

TODAY’S REFLECTION

I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.

Psalm 139:14

Don't dull your life by missing this point: You are more than statistical chance, more than a marriage of heredity and society, more than a confluence of inherited chromosomes and childhood trauma. More than a walking weather vane whipped about by the cold winds of fate.

Thanks to God you have been "sculpted from nothing into something"

1 of 365 devotionals in Grace for the Moment, Volume 2

By Max Lucado

TODAY’S ADVICE FROM THE OLD FARMER’S ALMANAC

If you forget to wash the spider (frying pan), it's a sure sign of company coming

14 DAYS UNTIL SPRING !

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your Heart

Psalm 37:4

May there be a miracle in YOUR life today and may you have the EYES to SEE it!

I Love You All !!!

Be Blessed !!!

MA

MY HOMEPAGE

I believe we should live ‘ON THE BRIGHT SIDE’

www.bigmarainey.com

 MY JOURNALS

http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/GoodMorningSunshine/

http://onyama.blogspot.com/

 To see archived ‘On the Bright Side’ Newsletters click on the link below: http://journals.aol.com/marainey1/ONTHEBRIGHTSIDE/

BRIGHT SIDE LOGO BY SON #6

http://www.littlerainey.com/index.html

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for spreading the word about what a busker is - all the buskers I know (and I know many) call themselves 'buskers' and not 'street performers'.

Greetings from a NYC busker,

Saw Lady
http://www.SawLady.com/blog

Anonymous said...

I hope that you got out of the driveway today and that you make it safely to work and back home.
Love,
Kat